All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. No surprise there. They're going to need these Tax Attorneys aren't they to deal with the incomes and assets of all the rich Thais that are the real targets of this exercise. I wonder if there are enough to go round.
  3. Pretty sure that have for alternative to certificate of residence from immigration office.
  4. First mistake, dating a plumber. Second, letting the 💩hit the fan
  5. That is correct . Siam legal have stopped assisting with opening bank account. Believe Maneerat Pattaya still possible. Not sure about thaivisacenter in bangkok
  6. I was an Engineering Officer on a merchant ship. What you infer is utter codswallop.
  7. for some reason it seems impossible to find here. i looked for some couple years back and shops didnt even know what it was. as mentioned your best bet is COD... best of luck... really weird innit
  8. Siam Legal appears to claim that investing in a foreign (non-Thai) investment fund or depositary receipt is tax-free even for Thai tax residents who bring the income back into Thailand: “However, there is an exemption from being subject to income tax in Thailand by meeting one of the following conditions: The individual must not reside in Thailand for 180 days or more in a particular tax calendar year. Invest on a foreign investment fund or Depositary Receipt. Does not bring an income from overseas into Thailand.“ (https://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-law/thailand-new-tax-on-foreign-income-an-overview/ ) This seems very strange and contrary to everything else written on this at least as far as I have seen. Any thoughts?
  9. Here, I'll help you, as you're obviously incapable of clicking the link and reading it for yourself :- "Mitch is a Bangkok resident, having relocated from Southern California, via Florida in 2022. He studied journalism before dropping out of college to teach English in South America."
  10. Me neither. Seemed harmless enough, and entertaining on occasion... seen far worse over the years, albeit he could have been here from day one in one guise or another of course. Probably already mentioned but your account won't get deleted. Even banned members still mostly have their content left on the servers since it can potentially generate income, while Google generally doesn't like content being removed... the forum owns it as it will say so somewhere if you were to read the smallprint on signing up.
  11. I'm not sure where you got this information, but as far as I know there is no such thing. My ex-wife living in LA and she is a green card holder and she never needed to clearly any thing when she leaves the country.
  12. A post in which the quoted content had been altered out of context contravening our Community Standards has been removed. 28. You will not make changes to messages quoted from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. Do not shorten any post in a way that alters the context of the original post. Do not change the formatting of the post you are quoting.
  13. Id say its FAR from the MAIN probelm, but it is the easiest to screw money out of people for and lets face it no one cares about safety here its ALL about money.
  14. But if u like true fkwittery how about the guy that drove into the back of me in almost staionary traffic...............guess I should have moved over for him to eh? Pick up was two days old , needed new bumper and reverse sensors 20k baht. I DIDNT pay once insurers had seen video he was screwed and my no claims wasnt affected. Guess halfwit was too busy behind his BLACK windows to see me. eeek.mp4
  15. Totally agree. Most westerners come from countries where most laws are strictly enforced and obeyed by the population. This leads some to expect the same everywhere they go, including in countries like Thailand. I think Thais do strictly follow some laws, the ones that are or were enforced. During Covid, Thais obeyed mask mandates much more strictly than westerners did back home. So obedient were Thais, it took many months, almost a year following the end of mask mandates for a visible number of Thais to stop masking on board public transportation and other indoor settings. Even today, in some areas, we're talking well above 50% mask wearing and still near 100% compliance in hospital or other medical settings. Thais also self censor when it comes to political topics and obey whatever rules are in place for example at MRT and Skytrain stations such as no eating or drinking, no chewing gum, no smoking etc. In fact one of the things I like most about Thailand is that Thais absolutely obey no smoking rules; most Thais don't even smoke anymore anyway, but like Australians, New Zealanders and Singaporeans, Thais strictly follow non-smoking ordinances and have done so for many years, ever since these rules were introduced. This contrasts with China, where non smoking rules are only obeyed in the few settings they're strictly enforced; basically, the authorities need to use force and the threat of draconian penalties else there'd be no compliance. Airports, on board airlines, on board high speed trains and shopping malls are about the only settings where no one smokes. However, when push comes to shove among foreigners trying to tell Thais what to do, it's when we're talking about rules that aren't enforced or adhered to, including 1) traffic rules (that's probably the biggest one) 2) rules regarding parking, such as people parking in disabled spaces who aren't disabled 3) disobeying no littering or "no dumping of garbage" signs (granted, from observations in my own area, a lot of the litter bugs are Cambodians, especially groundskeepers). The last one drives me mad. However I always remind myself that I'm not a police officer or in enforcement of the law. I wish people had more self discipline, but it's not my job to instill that in Thais. It's the job of the education system/government. I think it will happen one day, but we're not there yet. I have also observed the difference between how cultured, well educated middle and upper class ethnic Chinese behave and how the masses of rural Isarn farmers behave and there's quite a difference. I personally don't get upset at those who drive fast or break traffic rules as I do that myself (within reason of course). Nothing worse than the nanny state road rules we have back home.
  16. i'd say speeding is a problem because you have less time to react there are bad drivers everywhere, and thailand seems to have more that its fair share, but nothing like the insanity i've seen in lebanon and india. so be thankful for that, and be careful out there.
  17. Some People are mental literally
  18. A new couple of “new” Nordic series - s04 of wisting seems pretty polished with an orchestral soundtrack and a s03 of deadwind Currently watching Tokyo vice which is pretty cool and bodies from a while back
  19. This statement of yours make makes me question whether you have ever driven an EV. Anyone who had actually driven an EV will know that the slowest AC Wall charger is 7kW. They don't make 3-5kW CCS type 2 wall chargers. That is why there are none listed on PlugShare. Yet you claim that they are the majority of chargers! Lie confirmed Now let's hear more about this Tesla model 3 that you drove in BKK for several years. How much did you pay for it and where did you buy it? Because this is sounding like a lie as well.
  20. Ah, memories Sitting in a window post in a bar in Pattaya when a girl come and sit between my legs, and start talking to me. The normal conversation starting with your name, handsome, moviestar (lookalike) and she tells me her boyfriend is a butterfly, at the same moment a long skinny guy coming running with a 1:55 tall 40 kg chasing him with a bottle. Except from that, seen some few drunks being beaten up by thais, and ladyboys goes of the rails. Just remember, the attack never comes from where you expect it to come. Never seen a thai falang one on one. Never seen thais on one and one either. Just how it is, and thats why you never argue with a thai, because the one you argue with, is most likely not the one who will strike first.
  1. Load more activity