BANGKOK 23 April 2019 11:52

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. It does kind of explain why the Thai education system is a disgrace. No website, no working phone number, no email.
  3. at some point may ask - is the experience you had or it's what someone told you?
  4. So what are you in trouble for?
  5. Actually I DID read the OP, thank you very much!! But many thanks for your inane and pointless comment anyway.
  6. WOW! WOW! WOW! This is something dangerous to have in 'Print' and out in 'public view'........... "Open mouth....... Insert foot" LOL
  7. Looking back I would say Jomtien immigration do a very good job. Because I have visited Thailand almost yearly for the last 20 years I know that it is pointless to get mad, so I always present a calm and polite personality. ( Though inside I could kill lol ) . But looking from the other side I can understand why some people lose it. For example Immigration , with the TM30 are quite happy that I have proven where I live BUT if you want to open a bank account? You have to get a residence certificate!! I Having a house or wife must test ones limits. lol To sum up I can understand why people get upset but it is shocking when it happens in front of you.
  8. My Bank left me high and dry many years ago by pulling the plug & trying the old "You should have told us before leaving" routine. They wound their necks in when I replied that not only had I done so but had also used ATM's in Thailand every week in the SEVEN YEARS since I had done so. They refunded all charges and have been fine in the decade or so since. I now do everything online but it wasn't possible until just after the above.
  9. It certainly does matter that there are convicted fellons in jail due to the investigation when trying to make claim that the investigation is "crap", if it truly were crap they would not have exposed Trumps criminal team and incarcerated them, would they? And the FBI investigation is not holding up the running of the country, that would be the incompetent president and his incompetent friends and family.
  10. I suspect that there are very few "scammers", but some of our supposed fellow farang on here think that just because people have some difficulty in proving their income to TI that they must be "scammers". I personally don't know of one farange who's scamming the system, although could imagine thousands if I was that way inclined.
  11. Went for my 90day report in and out in 5 min. all they wanted was the last 90day recept and my passport. the girl did her thing put the recept in passport and I was gone. Will use the copies I made for extension.
  12. St George pre-dates Islam, I believe he was a Roman soldier from what is now Turkey. So an appropriate symbol for multicultural England.
  13. Maybe check LMMS on the web, look at the screenshots and reviews. Is it something you looking for? https://alternativeto.net/software/lmms/
  14. I had a mate suddenly die in Cambodia while I was there. I know how it all works, from the dealings with the embassy, to dealing with the airlines and dry ice, the paperwork, contacting family members, to the actual autopsy in bangkok because I lived through it. Do you have anything to contribute apart from stupid, obvious comments because you are bored with nothing better to do than play on your computer all day?
  15. "The Government is stressing that they won't be able to order sunbathers not to smoke and those who refuse won't face sanctions or fines because the ban would be on a voluntary basis." Talk about a non-story!
  16. Yes ive already went through there and saw it how would they ship it in parts or whole piece togather?
  17. A couple of month ago the Danish Embassy in Bangkok resumed to do income letters. Before we used the tax return as evidence, but now our pension giver(s) must send proof of the pension(s) for the current year in English directly to the Embassy.
  18. There should not be any problem doing what you wrote about. The only problem you might have is if the airline requires a ticket out of the country within 30 days of arrival to board your flight. A low cost one way ticket to any nearby country would take care of the problem.
  19. Democratic presidential candidates divided over impeaching Trump By Tim Reid U.S. President Donald Trump prepares to board Marine One en route to his Mar-a-Lago estate in West Palm Beach, Florida at the White House in Washington, U.S., April 18, 2019. REUTERS/Carlos Barria/File Photo (Reuters) - A group of Democratic presidential candidates were divided on Monday over whether Republican President Donald Trump should be impeached, reflecting a broader split in the Democratic Party over how to react to Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report into Russian election meddling. Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1096596-democratic-presidential-candidates-divided-over-impeaching-trump/
  20. With a second monitor you can place them next to each other, running Windows and linux as an virtual computer on top of windows. Two for the price of one
  21. it is incredible that people in the EU think we want their massive taxes on fuel, a big GST on everything and a large increase on income tax. we don't. so stop the ridiculous virtue signaling
  22. Is NIM Plaza the area just North of Central Airport Mall? Do you remember any other shops in NIM Plaza that may be on Google Maps?
  23. You taking the urine? Have you called it?
  24. Democratic presidential candidates divided over impeaching Trump By Tim Reid U.S. President Donald Trump prepares to board Marine One en route to his Mar-a-Lago estate in West Palm Beach, Florida at the White House in Washington, U.S., April 18, 2019. REUTERS/Carlos Barria/File Photo (Reuters) - A group of Democratic presidential candidates were divided on Monday over whether Republican President Donald Trump should be impeached, reflecting a broader split in the Democratic Party over how to react to Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report into Russian election meddling. Answering audience questions at a televised CNN event in the early voting state of New Hampshire, three Democratic 2020 candidates shied away from calling for Trump's impeachment. Another, California U.S. Senator Kamala Harris, said Congress should "take the steps towards impeachment" but believed such an effort would likely fail. Only one candidate at the event, Massachusetts U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren, issued a full-throated call for Congress to try and remove Trump from office. "If any other human being in this country had done what’s documented in the Mueller report, they would be arrested and put in jail," Warren said. Julian Castro, the former mayor of San Antonio and another 2020 hopeful - who was not at the CNN event - has also called for Trump's impeachment. In the report released on Thursday, Mueller portrayed a president bent on stopping the probe into Russian meddling. But Mueller stopped short of concluding that a crime was committed, leaving it to Congress to make its own determination as to whether Trump obstructed justice. Nancy Pelosi, the Democratic Speaker of the House, and some other Democratic Party leaders have been wary of impeaching Trump before the November 2020 presidential election. They believe there are not enough votes in the Republican-controlled Senate to remove Trump from office, and that such a move could play into his hands. They also remember Republican efforts to impeach former Democratic President Bill Clinton in the 1990s, which backfired politically. But prominent liberals have demanded the start of proceedings to remove Trump from office since the release of a redacted version of Mueller’s report last week. In a letter to fellow Democratic lawmakers on Monday, Pelosi did not rule out impeaching Trump, but said it is “important to know that the facts regarding holding the president accountable can be gained outside of impeachment hearings.” She added that Trump engaged in highly unethical and unscrupulous behavior “whether currently indictable or not”. Reflecting the divide in the party over how to proceed over Mueller's findings, the five 2020 candidates, who appeared at back-to-back events before an audience of young voters, were also split. Vermont U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders said: "If for the next year and a half all the Congress is talking about is 'Trump, Trump, Trump,' and 'Mueller, Mueller, Mueller' and we’re not talking about the issues that concern ordinary Americans, I worry that works to Trump’s advantage." Minnesota U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar said she did not want to "predispose things" over the question of whether to impeach Trump and left that question up to the U.S. House of Representatives, where impeachment proceedings are initiated. South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg said Trump "deserves" to be impeached, but he would leave it to the House and Senate. He said politicians have to stop talking about Trump so much, and the best thing for Democrats would be to deliver "an absolute thumping" to Trump at the ballot box next November. -- © Copyright Reuters 2019-04-23
  25. Rich beyond comprehension. EEC was promoted by Ahbisit to Japanese automobile manufacturer investors and by Yingluck who emphasized on physical connectivity and linkages to Laos and China. Even Somkid's EEC initiative on being the 'Kitchen to the world' was borrowed from her initiative and her push for investments on automobiles, hard disk drives and electronic products. More like a junta's copycat like all the other economic initiatives.
  1. Load more activity