All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Lucky for the katoeys. If you locked that guy in a room with a single one of them and only one person was allowed to leave alive, I suspect Chunky Boy would be leaving within 10 minutes with barely a scratch on him.
  3. A post commenting on moderation has been removed. A post with a link to a Questionable Source has been reported and removed. As per the The War in Ukraine forum header: Latest developments and discussion of events in the Ukraine War. Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source. All video content must be from a credible media source, and in English. Foreign languages, even with subtitles, are not permitted.
  4. The arrow was better on the right, when it comes back. But overall, after many years, the TT link has improved things tenfold........
  5. British dont have to go through immigration leaving the UK.
  6. Don't get hung up on those 'badges'. In the Ukraine and Israel thread, it always comes from the same three guys whom you can basically ignore in the sense of a meaningful debate. They have absolutely nothing to offer, as their opinions just parrot what either Fox News* or CNN are spitting out. Best is to just post your opinion without quoting anybody and then see who's staying on topic and worth your time in case they quote you. *It reminds me of the time where Tucker Carlson was calling out the Ukraine war hoax on Fox News and then Hannity came on right after and telling us that total war against Russia is needed. You can debate with Tucker fans but not with the Hannity boomers.
  7. I don't know actually what you mean😳. Therefore I can't answer. Could you explain?
  8. I have an interest in EVs, if I didn't, I wouldn't post.
  9. Not "the actions of some individuals". The legal apparatus of Gaza and the West Bank. Being gay is a death sentence by LAW. These laws are supported by more than 90% of the population. The aid given does NOTHING to "promote basic human rights", as they did not exist in Gaza before October 7. No political freedom, no freedom for minorities or women or LGBT people. The world has no need of ANOTHER state that holds these primitive and inhuman beliefs. There are plenty already.
  10. The arrow is causing problems with page loads on some browsers/devices, so needs to be adjusted. Temporary disabled. Will be fixed asap.
  11. Guess there won't be enough money to unfreeze the pensions now. I recall it would have cost around 3 billion a year which was not possible.
  12. An unattributed post has been removed World News Interesting, thought provoking and topical news stories from around the world. Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source.
  13. If you use a credit or debit card to load the card, it is cashless, yes? But if you deposit cash into your debit account, or pay your credit card with cash, does it make it not cashless? So I think it fair to say that per your definition, at a typical food court, some of the cards are cashless and some aren't, correct?
  14. i've done the BKK-SFO flight on China Airlines at least a dozen times due to the quick layover (it's the quickest flight to the west coast US I could find) and the price (sub-$1000 RT last month). There is a tram where you need to switch terminals, and you need to go thru security again. There are agents there to guide you, and at least one of the flight attendants on the BKK-Tapei leg will speak thai. Once the flight from SFO to Taipei was significantly delayed (1.5 hrs or so) and they didn't hold the BKK flight for us. They put us up in a hotel for 12 hours or so and shuttled us back to the airport. So that's 1 in 12ish. Otherwise they will hold the connecting plane for short delays. After my last flight I won't do economy again on China Airlines, the seats seem to have gotten smaller, and the food/service has definitely declined. I'll at least do premium economy or business if it's reasonable. Hope this helps.
  15. 41 degrees but the thai girls can still stay cool without a bead of sweat on them. amazing.
  16. I will not ask for or use any such system! The Mom and Pop store three doors down from me do not know what a QR code is! We have just asked them!
  17. Believe it or not but Macron actually now wants to send troops to Ukraine...there was already an "incident" not long ago where French mercenaries where killed by a Russian attack...resulting in an extraordinary announcement by the same Macron that France was not at war with Russia. I can only think that by sending in troops they hope the rest of NATO will follow...then the "real" fireworks begin.
  18. Says the guy who spends his days commenting on a topic he has no interest in.
  19. The surge on "e-payments" has a different background, if you ask me. It has to do also with Thailand's retail industry being disinterested, untrained, incoherent in pricing and you sometimes get the feeling, that you're disturbing the retail staff (on their smartphone) with your enquiry on something! For argument's sake; call a shop and ask, if they carry X, Y or Z. You may even know, that they carry the product but you want to enquire, if that product is in stock or what the product costs now. In 99 out of 100 cases you will either asked to: - repeat your enquiry by using text through LINE (MegaHome, GlobalHouse) - stay online forever (Boonthavorn, Central Dept Store) until the line drops - or they say "yes, have" (Tops Supermarket) just to get you off the phone. Latter has resulted, more than once, in visiting the store just to hear that this product has been out of stock for months without any reordering intention. The staff (I always ask for the staff's name) who gave you the wrong information is on "lunch break" or "gone home for the day". On simpler, day-to-day items it happened with shaving cream and toothpaste (Lotus's), deodorant sticks (Big C Extra) and tampons (both Watson and Booths) for the Missus. And no, I speak fluent Thai and it is not a linguistic failure. I gave up quite some time ago and the consequence today is, that I order anything available online ....... online and that invokes an "e-payment". Only fresh food items are sourced in stores; latter is available online as well but a) I have the time to shop myself and b) I can choose not to take the most rotten piece off the shelf. Bottomline is, I get EXACTLY the product I want without wasting my time and get it delivered to my doorstep. On top of it the product usually costs less (despite postage) as the inefficient, unfriendly and incompetent retail trade is cut out completely!
  20. The work place is now run by people high in extraversion. My whole idea of being a teacher was to be immersed in academia and hang out with other nerds. But that is not the case. Most of the teachers don't have a degree. One guy got fired because ''he didn't smile''. So ADHD is actually a good thing now. I am the opposite I am low in extraversion. It is very difficult for me to fake extraversion or fake ADHD on a daily basis to keep my job. Most jobs require hyperactive drugged up man-children. Foreigners are seen as clowns and 'the funny guy' so use your ADHD to your advantage.
  21. The Starbucks stored value card is definitely cashless. Why are you making a distinction I never made? A stored value card where you have to refill it using cash is technically "cashless" but it's not really what is meant here because cashless in this context generally means a digital payment using either a card or electronic means such as a QR code. Thus cashless means it does not involve the use of physical cash at any stage.
  1. Load more activity