All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. 220 baht a night ? what was he expecting ? so he could have stayed there but chose not to.
  3. Did these imaginary hats conflict with the drumpf patents because they were definitely approved in China America First !
  4. Lol. CEO World... Millions of readers 🤣 Sri Lanka is #5 pretty much says it all if Thailand being number one doesn't.
  5. How do you KNOW that the bike rider was travelling too fast? Were you there with a radar speed gun? Perhaps you managed to read the speedometer on the bike? Perhaps you have no idea, and are simply making an assumption or a guess?
  6. The PVC roof panels need to have insulation. Cement and ceramic tiles roof tiles are extremely hot I have them on my gym and I cannot even walk in there when it's 30 Celsius.
  7. Correct anyone that thinks otherwise is mistaken but others are ok with it they just don't have the guts to say it.
  8. as expats, are we surprised -- I doubt any with a true understanding of Thailand would be and not that it makes any difference to us anyway.
  9. The return on pension state pension is shocking considering the amount of national insurance that you pay towards it. Take into account if you miss one month or one week out of the 12 month stretch you cannot claim pension for that year of your work. The UK pension system is the worst in the world. At least it's the worst in the G8
  10. When the weatherman says there's a 75% chance of rain tomorrow, if it doesn't rain, is the weatherman misleading people? Likewise, if Al Gore says there's a 75% chance that Arctic Sea ice will completely disappear in the summer within X years, and only most of the ice disappears, is that misleading people?
  11. I haven't been keeping track, has this kind of stuff been going on in recent it times? Things went quiet 10+ years ago, or maybe I just haven't heard. Strange that it would pick up now that you-know-who is back.
  12. Checking ones car for damage before checking the welfare of the motorcyclist is irrelevant as to who's at fault. People react in different ways.
  13. It's interesting you say that. I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few accidents here are caused by back seat drivers shouting at the drivers, causing them to slam on the brakes then get rear ended, due to a non existent hazard. In regard to this thread's video, the rule of law and rule of the road appear quiet different. He did what I see every single day here and nobody bats an eyelid.
  14. I wonder if a dual citizen leaves the UK on their Thai passport, will the govt know they are out the country?
  15. Seems like Glen Parke booked a 59 day stay at Lek Lek residence for 13 000 Baht, then moved to a more expensive hotel costing 120 000 Baht and he wanted booking.com to cover the difference between 13 000 and 120 000 Baht . Seems like Glen wants a free holiday Here's more to the story , https://uk.news.yahoo.com/left-7k-debt-finding-hotel-083125421.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANnn_nkOtmgFq9-JQyc7JIfcdjnYan8S96H79pk3dBFE2Mnocy2t_fEGow9YJdSAashdd2_6u19heAlUfOi2LEwAWldwoUdQi3aTvQqRXH40XiOK7Y6kDgngt_taoLzCL68mAr9KDgVh1ycuzn_L1toqjFUrq0BS7hOLS6GV1lr8
  16. Seems like a lot of dangerous incidents had to happen before the police slowly decided to act.
  17. I calculated from research last year that the increase in my British pension would be worth now just over 50% more than now, cumulative over 14 years. If I add to this figure a more favorable exchange rate from the B46 now from those days - closer to B65 If I add the possibility of living in Philippines where I believe increase are still being paid and their exchange rate of around PHP to THB hovers around 65, my pension would be worth at least 75% more than when I first received it! Given that the greatest burden of old age and equivalent demands on the NHS are zero when living abroad I am disappointed that the freezing of every increase for ever is seemingly justified by the British Government. When I was paying National Insurance contributions for 40 years that were only ever increased, I feel it is only fair in my pensionable age that I receive the increases they reflect. After all, until Brexit, agreements in the EU meant that wherever an expat lived in one of those member countries, annual increases would be paid. Do they now not receive further increases? Can we fight this? Of course not, we are forgotten citizens!
  18. Looking at your post the car driver ALSO had plenty of time to indicate (which he didn't) and plenty of time to stop (he didn't stop either). So why should the bike rider be at fault?
  19. Err - I live on that tourist island. That is where the houses are. Anyone can rent and do rent those houses. There are cheaper ones but I picked these two because they are near where we work. As I said, not my cup of tea and the backpackers would be put off because there is no wifi. One has a/c and one is fan only.
  20. the way things are going it may not even make it to market ford already reduced production in 2023 and pulled back on $12 Billion investment Tesla are laying off 3000 staff due to decline in sales Chinese companies have over produced with fields of cars going nowhere Try part-exing an EV and see what happens... EVs are single owner disposable vehicles
  1. Load more activity