All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Landfill fire in Prachin Buri believed to have been caused by extremely hot weather Creative Common License via Google Yesterday afternoon, a fire ignited at a landfill in Si Maha Phot district, Prachin Buri, believed to be caused by the extreme heat of approximately 40 degrees Celsius. The fire led to thick black smoke filling the sky and an unpleasant smell spreading across. Full Story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325900-landfill-fire-in-prachin-buri-believed-to-have-been-caused-by-extremely-hot-weather/
  3. Illegal immigration has been a problem for decades. Why didn't Trump pass legislation to fix the problem? Right. So he can use it now as an issue with his cult. But yes, illegal immigration is a huge problem. Having legal foreign workers in the US isn't.
  4. There is some truth to that. Which makes you wonder why leftist loons like Corbyn consider Hamas to be his friends. The two groups are certainly curious bedfellows, but bedfellows nonetheless. Perhaps it is their hatred of Jews that unites them? Or perhaps the left support intolerance in the name of diversity?
  5. That is because the largest HDDs on the retail market is 24TB Seagate have recently announced a 30TB HDD but that is yet to hit the stores
  6. He's the same brother. Just ignore it and carry on as usual. He hasn't mentioned it before? If he mentions it well. then address it with understanding.
  7. Most of us come from an age where it was taboo. I'm Hispanic where it was double taboo! About 10 years ago I got a phone call from a shocked female childhood friend, that our mutual childhood friend had finally come out at 50! My reaction was, I always knew he was gay from when we were teenagers in HS, but back then it was always safer just to hide it away, and I'm sure thats a hard thing to shake, even as attitudes changed in society. Try to remember what being Gay was like in the 70's. Not pretty, a lot of violence and hateful speech. He always seemed to have 'roommates' AKA boyfriends as I understood it, but he could never get his head around those teenage fears and didn't even tell his parents. I was his best friend in HS, of course I knew but we would never have talked about it back then. When he finally did come out in middle age and we talked, my reaction was "About Time" We both laughed and life went on
  8. Yesterday afternoon, a fire ignited at a landfill in Si Maha Phot district, Prachin Buri, believed to be caused by the extreme heat of approximately 40 degrees Celsius. The fire led to thick black smoke filling the sky and an unpleasant smell spreading across. Four fire trucks immediately rushed to the landfill, which spans roughly 2.7 hectares in the Nong Prong sub-district, to prevent the fire from spreading. An emergency response also included two backhoes used to clear garbage away from the site. According to the provincial public disaster prevention and mitigation office, the fire was still burning five hours after it ignited around 4pm. A local official speculated that gases from the large heap of garbage possibly triggered the fire because of the exceptionally high temperatures that day. Meanwhile, a different fire incident occurred at a chemical factory in Bangkok's Chom Thong district on Rama 2 Road. The report came in around 2am this morning, and it resulted in chemical fumes leaking into the surrounding environment. Local fire trucks, supported by a chemicals team from the district’s environment office, were deployed to the factory located in Soi 20 off Rama 2 Road to manage the leak. Emergency teams removed 12 containment drums filled with chemicals from the factory premises. By approximately 3am, officials successfully halted the leak of chemical-laden smoke. Today, environment officials plan to visit the plant to investigate the fire's origin. Caption: Creative Common License via Google -- 2024-04-25 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  9. Great, love those Russian hotties on the beach w/ their thongs. Most are here as couples and with families, not making problems and enjoying their holiday, which they have as much right to do as anyone. Never found them particularly rude. I rather like it that they don't walk around with idiot grins on their faces and blathering to strangers. Germans never have, and that's never been cause for silly condemnation here on the forum.
  10. Isn't it necessary that the Senate first approves the referendum?
  11. I have never heard of them but the source of the article is Preply, an online language-learning marketplace, has released its rankings on the top ten cities for expats moving to Asia in 2024. Two cities in Thailand, including Bangkok and Chiang Mai, were recognized among them. https://thailand.prd.go.th/en/content/category/detail/id/2078/iid/281977
  12. So they had actual members of terrorist orgs speaking to the students, indoctrinating them and then wonder why there are these protests. Jeez
  13. Yeah, embassy websites are often out of date or simply wrong. According to Washington DC - https://washingtondc.thaiembassy.org/en/page/visa-exemption US citizens only get 15 days visa exemption by land ...
  14. Not a good idea. Ukraine already has too many of these thugs that they have to deal with. Lock him up for 5 years then f@#k him off.
  15. Fair enough until they move the weather stations from the shade into the direct sun to get their desired result.
  16. Wow, wow, wow! Calm down with this anti-semitism!
  17. I have spent 2 weeks dealing with the MoPH over this, I am probably 100 hours into fighting against zero understanding... Everyone is clueless. In fact many have outright denied the law is the law even after me giving it to them to read. The law was Published on the 4th April in the Royal gazette. I was alerted to it by a Herbal clinic owner I am working with on the 6th of April and I have since then put in perhaps 50 hours of work trying to get information from MoPH in bangkok / Chiang Mai, etc etc. The blunt fact is no one knows and many of the interactions have been borderline hostile simply for asking 'is this the law'. One person at the MoPH in Bangkok actually said after I showed them the law 'it is the law but we do not accept it', when I asked what they meant by that they just got angry and refused to continue. The pereception of mushrooms as a medicine is not there. On Tuesday this week I finally found someone in authority that knew what they were talking about, after being sent from hospital to hospital and office to office just getting insane looks. On this day I was referred to an appointment with the manager of the consumer protection dept at the MoPH in Chiang Mai, the only person above her in the CM hierachy is the regional director, it is her duty to control the processes around the Herbal Clinics and ensure that rules are followed. She took all the info, made some checks, and confirmed this is now the law, but was exasperated that this has been done without any staged roll out and preparation. Thai traditional medical clinics with a regsitered Herbalist Dr can now prescribe magic mushrooms. This has been rolled out with no education, training, and done so country wide for all herbalist clinics, if they have knowledge or not. At this time no one can explain 'where' the herbal clinics are supposed to source the mushrooms, if they can grow them themselves, or if they can be dispensed for offsite medication or only onsite consumption (the law is vague here). I have a meeting monday to address this but frankly no one has a clue (more on this in a monent). There are no guidelines or guidance for what grounds there are for prescription and zero understanding of theraputic use, preparation, set setting and integration. The risks in this style of launch are huge and this should not be handled as cannabis was in a 'let it happen and see what happens' the risk for patient harm is too great.
  18. Who needs 40kgs of luggage for a 30 day visit to the tropics?
  19. Not a good idea. Ukraine already has too many of these thugs that they have to deal with. Lock him up for 5 years then f@#k him off.
  20. Landfill. Possibly spontaneous combustion and burning deep down like a peat fire.
  21. The fine for driving an expired/untaxed vehicle is 400-1000 baht so you can look at it a shakedown for a bribe, or convenience discount for paying on the spot If they had been legit, after giving you the 1000 baht ticket it must be entered into the 'system' if you paid at the post office you'd have been given an official receipt. The people at LTO office doing your tax will have no power to do about your situation, you want to make a point go yell in front of the police station, or continue to drive untaxed
  22. Not a good idea. Ukraine already has too many of these thugs that they have to deal with. Lock him up for 5 years then f@#k him off.
  23. While executing their search, the police team unveiled many unlicensed weapons including a commando rifle complete with ammunition and a handgun at the property in the Maret sub-district. Also seized were a luxury BMW sedan, a Ducati motorcycle, and a pickup truck lacking a license plate. I wonder if they will pursue an enquiry as to where he obtained the weapons? It appears that the pasta business is quite lucrative?
  1. Load more activity