All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Here's a copy of my email to BoI ref visa cancellation. And their reply. This was back in July: Their reply: So, advised to do nothing, I did nothing prior to attending my appointment. I guess, during somewhere leading up to the LTR visa stamp in my passport, some bureaucratic voodoo occurred, which I didn't witness, that made my extension vanish. Anyway, don't worry about having to make two trips to Bangkok. You're covered, I'm sure.
  3. When I stumble, it is never for the wrong reasons. What you MUST ADMIT, Sir, is that the MAIN ADVANTAGE of an inverter type AC is that in most cases the compressor will continue to run, almost 100 percent of the time the AC is in use. The advantage of this is that when the compressor is running, then...dehumidification will continue. With a non-inverter system, the compressor will cycle on and off. When in the OFF mode, dehumidification ceases. This results in wet air being blown into the room. Also, this results in a musty smell, when the compressor shuts off, or cycles on and off, during the operation of those LOUSY GARBAGE non-inverter type ACs. And, further, it is the ignorance of BLOCKheads which is the stumbling block that causes me the most stumbling in my life....
  4. As others have said, your sex life should be your private life. No-one announces to the world that they are straight. I don't announce to my family and friends that I like rubber gimp suits and dressing up as a French maid whilst being slapped with a smelly kipper.... and then wait for their questions about when I discovered that I liked this fetish etc etc, blah, blah blah! Maybe I'm old school, but sex of any kind is for the bedroom, not something to announce and plaster all over social media.
  5. Members are advised of a change to Forum Rules, specifically forum rule 17. As a result of recent changes in management and the use of AI technology, it has become necessary to update the forum rule regarding our news content. Please note the following: 17.The ASEAN NOW news team collects news articles from various recognised and reputable news sources. The articles may be consolidated from different sources and rewritten with AI assistance These news items are shared in our forums for members to stay informed and engaged. Our dedicated news team puts in the effort to deliver quality content, and we ask for your respect in return. Any disrespectful comments about our news articles or the content itself, such as calling it "clickbait" or “slow news day”, and criticising grammatical errors, will not be tolerated and appropriate action will be taken. Please note that republished articles may contain errors or opinions that do not reflect the views of ASEAN NOW. The source of articles will no longer be linked, as Asean Now news team is the source of the content assisted by AI in its composition and finally edited by a human before publication. Any queries or concerns should be sent to Support(at)aseannow.com via email. Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  6. I believe it's never too late to accept your true self and be open about it with others. Congratulations to your brother, kudos to him for the courage to live an open life, and may he be happy and well. The best thing for you to do is just give him all the support you possibly can.
  7. Here is another in sunny and beautiful Lethbridge Alberta. Close to the Rocky Mountains! Same price as above.. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/590-Columbia-Blvd-W-Lethbridge-AB-T1K-5N8/2055368218_zpid/
  8. Well it’s an opinion. The opinion from Steven Stalinsky of the Middle East Media Research Institute. https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/middle-east-media-research-institute-memri/ Perhaps the news reports from Gaza streamed on TV and across social media have something to do with the protests.
  9. That's all your fantasy. Women and men are different. That is common knowledge - at least with people who pay attention.
  10. Thanks, interesting and helpful. I texted him saying I, and my family are all happy to hear he has found a partner.
  11. Not spoken directly to me, spoke to my mother who passed it on. We only talk about once or twice a year, unless he is visiting here or I there.
  12. I agree the ADV350 is an incredible bike. I just got my gal a new ADV 160 and it's it's a great little scooter. I will likely get a new ADV350 when it's time to trade this one in, which is still a couple of years away.
  13. Just be yourself, at 60 he probably knows what reactions to expect from you - if you are curious, just ask him if he's ok to talk about it. Or not. Depends on your relationship with your brother. There isn't a "one fits all" method of handling such news. Also, I would be careful with labels, such as gay, straight, etc. sexuality is a continuum, not a handful of hermetic boxes.
  14. How about safe and scenic Regina Saskatchewan? Lovely one bedroom here for $1,050 in Canadian rubles. That's about $750 USD. https://www.apartments.com/2275-lorne-st-regina-sk-unit-20/dzdhrsl/
  15. Brother hitting the PowerBall (since I stopped buying), and throwing me $1M bone. I can't think of anything else, as have anything & everything I want/need. Maybe a time machine and go back to being 21 yrs old again. Strangely I'd being doing the same thing that I'm doing now, (chillin') just look and feel younger.
  16. I have no interest in other peoples relationships or sex lives. Just get on doing whatever you want to do and no need to tell me about it .
  17. Thanks for the info - good to know that the under consideration stamp doesn't invalidate any previously granted permission to stay.
  18. From your own link it says by land and sea, not by air: For traveling to Thailand by land and sea, UK ordinary passport holders are eligible for Visa Exemption Scheme with a maximum of twice in a calendar year.
  19. Not a single Thai hotel in the top 25 on TripAdvisor, and Swampy at 58th for airports on Skytrax. Hardly what you'd expect from Big Willy's Hubble bubble wet dream. https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2024/04/tripadvisor-reviews-name-the-worlds-top-hotels/ https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2024/04/skytrax-names-2024-top-airports/
  20. Correct. Although your next extension application may be under review, you'll actually be leaving and returning within the period of stay already granted. It may raise a few eyebrows on re-entry, just point to your existing permission of stay and ensure they don't give you a 30 day VE stamp, thinking they are doing you a favour, rather than stamping you in for the 3//4 days permission of stay already granted. It's an unusual situation for entry clearance officers, and they need time to think about it!
  21. No iudea what to say to him, but if I were you I would not tell him that you support Hamas and Palestinians.
  22. The fact that Trump is not only issuing threats here and there, but also echoing Hitlers' speeches, dehumanising his opponents and the 'dangerous others', by calling them 'vermin' and 'animals', should send shivers down anyones spine..
  23. To have so much money I could get one of these Triumph Heralds imported to Thailand same colour and model, like I had many years ago, a dream of a drive. Being able to tilt the whole bonnet to access the engine was fantastic.
  1. Load more activity