All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I am stating a fact. Perhaps you don't understand the basic science well enough. https://images.app.goo.gl/xrYFkRr3YDCKDbbm6 Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide is increasing, and warming the planet.
  3. I know of 2 in Pattaya who had to pay back the 'over claimed' UK pension when the Gov found out where they lived
  4. About time ... a very 'slow' work in progress. Lot's of Thais waiting for E-trucks to hit the market here for purchase. Will be a major game changer when all ready to replace or upgrade their next truck.
  5. I don't think you need to be concerned. It's more like a skit for the comedy club than a potential coup IMO. the project seeks to recruit tens of thousands of conservatives to Washington, D.C. gives it away as a loony tune wet dream of ultra conservative nutters. However some of it I'd actually like to see happen, eg The plan proposes slashing U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) funding, dismantling the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security, gutting environmental and climate change regulations to favor fossil fuel production, and eliminating the cabinet Departments of Education and Commerce. IMO the DOJ has proven itself unfit for purpose, the FBI is incompetent ( Waco anyone ) and didn't everyone hate the DHS when it was set up? Climate change is IMO a cover for fundamentally changing society for the worse, imposing more taxes for BS and does nothing to eliminate the real causes of world problems which are that there are just too many humans on the planet. I love fossil fuel. It has freed me from the soul destroying life of physical work that would have seen me dead at 40, given me the ability to drive from one end of the country to another in comfort, and to fly to another country to see sunsets on a tropical beach with a dusky maiden for company. Education is a State prerogative and IMO the commerce department works for the 1%. I'd not stop at those. I'd gut the entire federal bureaucracy, and the country would be the better for it, IMO.
  6. have a pizza sent to them
  7. You have same issue with 60 day extension. Child must be with you. https://aseannow.com/topic/1155570-visa-exempt-entry-can-be-extended-for-60-days-visit-family/
  8. Oh William Hague said so did he? Did he mention that many people die before ever receiving their pension, the pension that they and their employers paid for all their working lives? Where do those pension contributions go then? William Hague indeed 😂
  9. That's all he ever offers and expects that we accept his opinion as fact...
  10. Nukes and nobody wins. But your opinion at best is laughable.
  11. It’s not a new policy, so one that should have been factored into their decision making in terms of where they should retire. Also, if they lived in the UK, even though they might get an increased pension, their cost of living would be far far higher. Overall They would be far worse off than they are now. anyway, I can’t see much point bleating about it to foreign press. Make whatever decisions you need to make to continue retirement and get on.
  12. I had the opposite experience in obtaining the LTR. Took a total of 3 weeks. Yeah, they didn't understand that the 1099R sent to retirees is on one sheet with 4 copies of the statement of yearly salary which is what they needed. I had monthly annuity payments too but that too had to be multiplied by 12 to obtain the yearly salary so could not be used. We settled on a copy of my annual IRS tax form (1040) which shows the annual salary paid too. Yeah, fortunately I am an American so all my documentation was in English and they had zero problems with that. The officers at the BOI were always extremely polite and helpful in dealing with me via telephone. 3 weeks from start to finish in my opinion was very quick! Hopefully it will be so for most of the applicants.
  13. How much money do you pay every month?
  14. I keep my Verizon number on a prepaid sim, it’s $15usd per month w/15gb. It’s in an iPhone dual sim, make and receive calls and text via WiFi and Ais data here. Don’t ever really use much data, so it’s suffice.
  15. or i could take the 17,000 it costs to buy a 2 bay synology lol and build my own NAS at a fraction of the cost or i can just access any of my networked machines i already have running 24/7 and view any files i want i have over 100 HDDs spread across 6 rigs which run 24/7 (although currently scaling this down with higher capacity drives to save power) "No need to even turn your computer on"...... what do you think your NAS is lol
  16. A few years ago I was in Chiang Mai. I was riding my bicycle in town. I was in a lane to go straight, behind other cars doing the same thing. A pickup came from the far right turn lane, after his lane had already diverged from the other lanes, deciding to go straight instead of turning. The rear quarter panel of the truck hit me, and down I went. I was laying in the road, lots of traffic. The driver got out, inspected his truck, looked at me and got back in his truck and left. I have a good cut on my arm, and bent bike. Not one person stopped. Typical behavior, foreign and domestic. But, you never read about the domestic people doing it.
  17. There are plenty of hard shell cases that are designed with carry-on dimensions. There are some that are even smaller than maximum carry on size. Again, please explain why someone should be more concerned about your belongings than their own. If you know everyone else has a hard shell and you have fragile stuff, buy a hard shell.
  18. he should definitely get special big boy status with that horrid jacket.
  19. DISINFORMATION... that's a typical non response to someone else's perception when it doesn't support your narrative... what sources do support your narrative... I'll wait.
  20. Hi, I'm British, over 50 and have a Non O visa based on supporting my Thai daughter who I brought up on my own. I have never been married and I am not with my child's mother. My current 12 month extension expires in just over 2 weeks however my daughter is currently overseas and won't be back in Thailand for another 6 weeks. As she needs to go with me when I submit my application for a 12 month extension I want to apply for a 60 day "Visit Thai Family Members Extension" to bridge the gap until she returns to Thailand. Does someone know the price for this extensions and the documents required. Thanks. PS - I am not interested in a retirement visa.
  21. Stop moaning and get a part time job. I only worked in the UK for 5 years but will get the full pension if I continue to pay £160 or so a year in voluntary class B contributions. Great ROI unless I die. UK state pension is a bonus, it's all about perspective. I can build a 4 bedroom house with a pool here for under £50,000, for example. I can live in a hotel and eat breakfast, lunch and dinner in a restaurant, and a bottle of whisky daily all for £170 a week. Better than a council flat in Aberdeen, with sideways rain, wearing a wooly bunnet, eating beans on toast.
  1. Load more activity