All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. You don't need a Thai ID for LINE Pay, but it isn't compatible with PromptPay. You can only use it to pay where LINE Pay is accepted. I think the same is true for TrueMoney. They are similar systems, but separate from PromptPay.
  3. To have TV back and Thailand pre-smartphone days. 😋 A noble sentiment, but that would probably get old fast after you realise people are only interested in your money. Would be better and safer to fly under the radar and help anonymously.
  4. Not bad - decent value as a local run around... not great lookers, but neither is honda click or fino....
  5. In a fundamental Christian families, ie. Baptists, the question about the virginity is mostly not required as the daughter would be still living with the parents and would not only involve asking her to get married but also the father and it would be made very clear what is expected and so. In case of the medical examination. Well, I am not extremely focused on the virgin part. As written, I would prefer it and there are countries where this choice is more likely to happen and I will try to make it happen soon 🥰. But, nope, I would let the act in itself be proof and we all know how this will look like with a virgin (not trying to be graphic).
  6. In real life? I hope not! PS; He appears to be from a galaxy far far away!
  7. Not to worry. I have too big competition. You seem to be the comedian here.
  8. Jim, I'm with you... I guess every expat who's been living here sometime during the past 10 years, and who's not filed a tax return, will be getting a visit or call from the TRD police because the PWC booklet says it's possible. This is exactly why I quit reading this thread every day. Just because it says so in a booklet, doesn't mean it will ever happen, so why put it out there and make people worry. I'm so glad that none of this affects me. I have enough money here, to live on this year without having to remit any, and next year I will happily become a non-tax resident. Good luck to you...
  9. Well, the OP just pointed out something that I'd consider a major disadvantage: Thailand gets millions of tourists per year who can't participate in PromptPay, because they can't get a Thai bank account. Nothing to do with evading the authorities.
  10. They are mentally challenged. You've concluded the investigation. Good stuff.
  11. I have a perfectly happy old age on the money I have, quite frankly I don't know how so many foreigners spend so much money in Thailand.
  12. Correct my panels are 520W. I have 5 panels each facing N,S,E,W. This time of year my panels reach 6-7 KWH around noon. Run my pool pump 4-5 hrs/day during the day. Don't run air con much in the day. All are big fans. It's amazing when you look at power comsuption on many of the applances such as fans, oven, dryer, and even hair dryers. So batteries are 100% charged usually before 2pm. If you are interested I have a data from past electric bills for last 3 yrs vs. with solar. And Bday Prang what are you talking about?
  13. It would be good to get Google Wallet on an IOS device so we can add local cards to it and use it as we would ApplePay. (Unfortunately ApplePay and Thailand are not aligned at the moment - most likely due to a certain 'major business family' blocking the use of ApplePay so that they could continue to encourage TrueMoney - they somehow missed Google Wallet).
  14. Some parts of white culture, indeed , specifically your part Would you broach the subject of the daughters virginity with the parents, would you expect them to contribute towards the cost of the medical examination or would she have to pay for that herself.? Personally I think if you requested such a procedure any doctor would refuse point blank In the interests of saving face, i hope you have been saving money in earnest for a very long time as any dowry you might be asked to pay would be astronomical
  15. Thanks for all the input. As correctly stated above, DHL did accept the package without a receipent's contact name but did require a phone number. Fortunately for me, they had one for the address already on their system. Also, they confirmed there does need to be a full postal address and they cannot accept a PO Box.
  16. More baseless assumptions on your part. Here’s the bit you are missing: Topics of discussion on the forum are open to anyone to comment on the basis of one single qualification, that they are members of the forum. Having corrected you in that matter. Do you have anything to say about the topic under discussion?
  17. For over 20 years I had to leave our farm every year on May 11/12 to go back to work as a teacher in Bangkok It was frustrating as, almost to clockwork, the rains would begin then in north Issan. After 6 parched weeks on the farm, I would love to have been there for the early rains and blessed relief from the heat. So if it's any solace, the rains may begin then.
  18. I'd like to make millions on the stock market to then go around helping random needy people. I could do that all my life. Giving is actually the most gratifying activity there is for a narcissist like me. Makes me feel like a superstar :D Anyways. Your turn.
  19. Didn't we Whites oppress other cultures in history? Why are you calling for doing that again? I mean, I get what you are saying, but in today's understanding I would not want to be called White supremacist for wanting to change cultures from other people/races. I agree, f. ex. there are still cultures out there that are cannibalistic. In that case and if I would be in a position to do it, I would try to change that culture even with the risk of being called racist by the leftwing.
  20. Wow! Posting on your countries social issues. Unlike yourself I’ll keep out of the business that isn’t mine.
  21. Thats always the myopic argument... Try paying for something with cash when the cash register power is out.... Try getting cash from an ATM when the power is out..... etc etc - I could go on and on, but you get my point.... mentioning the possibility of a rare flaw does not make the whole prospect 'a negative' or poorer....... ... Or, to use an argument closer to your 'brain-waves'.... Just because someone mentions something great about ICE's, it does not make EV's any poorer.... and a lot of the arguments utilised to justify Cash payment does not make e-payment any worse....
  22. Mine will do 90kph and only cost ฿63,640, all in & registered.... ... better research, buy smarter, be happier ...
  23. Most banks charge $25 for a swift transfer. Yes do the exchange at the receiving bank in Thailand. You can check with them on their exchange rates.. You get a confirmation with all details of sending and receiving bank with swift and it goes direct bank to bank. No inter-banking like wise does if your bank isn't one of there 3 domestic banks they use.
  24. We should focus more about our White culture instead which is absolutely depraved right now. Why only your so called "our White culture"? Are there no other cultures that should or could be focussed upon?
  25. I went to the full-money party in February. Nobody ever approached me to buy drugs. It was surreal. Overall, I enjoyed it. They don't have adequate public toilets compared to the crowd they get. I had to go to the weed shop every time I had to pee and buy a diet coke.
  1. Load more activity