All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Largely irrelevant. Its just re-shuffling of government revenue. A really generous state pension could mean worse hospitals, schools and roads. Improving life expectancy has had big cost implications on these 'promise-based' state pensions.
  3. Ramy Abdu is a by-product of Israel's bolstering of Hamas for its own agenda, which is now in plain sight. It is quite unequivocal who has shameful opinions on this thread, and who's denialism is so deep that they choose to contend the UN is an antisemitic body rather than acknowledge the fact that Palestinians are coldly and methodically being ethnically cleansed.
  4. Thai woman seeks refuge in temple after being beaten by Austrian husband By Peter Roche PHOTO: Khaosod A Thai woman has filed a police report against her Austrian husband, claiming he physically assaulted her. The 53 year old woman, named only as Ms Neng, filed her report at Nongprue Police Station in Chon Buri on Wednesday, March 27. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1323595-thai-woman-seeks-refuge-in-temple-after-being-beaten-by-austrian-husband/
  5. I don't think many here watched the video before posting. Thailand is talking of deploying SMR's, which are typically 10-100 MVe, not some huge TWe monstrosity that takes 20 years to build. SMR's can be deployed in a standard size container. They are fully build at a factory, and after deployment do not require maintenance or re-fueling for 20-30 years, also have much lower security requirements. Once the fuel is spent, they can just be replaced with another unit, and the old one goes back to the factory to be rebuilt. IMO, SMR is the way to go with nuclear deployment. Currently, there is much scaremongering by the green/leftists about the nuclear power. Most of it from people that do not even know how to spell "nuclear".
  6. Posts with trolling images and the replies have been removed. A post with a link to the Bangkok Post contravening our Community Standards has been removed: Refrain from quoting or linking to the Bangkok Post, Khaosod, Pattaya Mail, Phuket News
  7. But that would take up to much production time, can't have that in the land of cheap as you can.
  8. You're stating that he's a Bitcoin scammer, can you back up that accusation?
  9. I was concerned that the O.P may be participating in fraudulent activity , like he might be defrauding the U.K Government by getting a pension increase when he's living in Thailand and his pension should be frozen . I do not want to participate in criminal actives by advising him on how to commit a crime
  10. A Thai woman has filed a police report against her Austrian husband, claiming he physically assaulted her. The 53 year old woman, named only as Ms Neng, filed her report at Nongprue Police Station in Chon Buri on Wednesday, March 27. According to a Khaosod English report, the woman was forced to seek refuge in a temple after being beaten by her husband. Ms Neng says itโ€™s not the first time her husband has attacked her, but the violence is becoming more severe. In December of last year, she was hospitalised after her husband allegedly broke her arm. While she was in hospital, she says he did not visit her and the abuse continued on her return home. By Peter Roche PHOTO: Khaosod Full story: PhuketGO 2024-03-29 - Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here. Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  11. I could charge at my house, and do the shorter trips on electric power alone. For longer trips I can use the IC engine - so no need for charging stations. Have not replaced my ICE SUV yet, as the only plug in hybrid that's not an over-priced import is the Mitsubishi Outlander, which is an old design. Waiting for a locally built option.
  12. How many times did "Boss" fail to turn up? Was it six? He was never arrested. Still travelling the world 'free as a bird' after killing the policeman 12 years ago. Go for it BJ. Still many 'final' warnings to go.
  13. As usual, trying to divert the attention to the only major country economy which fares worst than UK! Oh wait! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn02784/
  14. that's what I think but governments are greedy and shameless. If you think they can take your money they will because they view it as their right. I pay taxes in the US on my income and I won't be paying Thailand anything until immigration gets involved and presents a clear procedure and states penalties for not complying. I'm waiting because this may never happen, like so many other things.
  15. Here it is on the LAZ Xiaomi flagship store. 100 baht more, same 1 yr warranty, but a 30 day return vs 7 day return policy.
  1. Load more activity