All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Nothing quite like a "dedicated fund" to pay for another populist policy !
  3. You don't know what you are talking about Wobbly,
  4. Thank you connda. I was prescribed ambien awhile back and it made me do things that I don't recall doing, so stopped using it. I was later prescribed temazepam which helped a lot, but I took it on an as needed basis and never developed a dependency. I've also taken zopiclone, also on an as needed basis. I know that temazepam is near impossible to be prescribed in Thailand and was curious if zopiclone was prescribed in Thailand as I've had a positive experience with zopiclone. I had a wretched life experience years ago (not in Thailand) which left me with PTSD and chronic insomnia. I've come a long way since this experience yet find that I still occasionally need help with sleep. I'm considering moving to Thailand (where I've spent much of my life before this experience) and am curious about the availability of sleep aids in Thailand. Thanks!
  5. How is that obvious? What did the dentist tell you, that you needed a root canal, or a root canal and crown? Is the tooth broken and or rotted? Anyone you email has not seen the tooth, so they have no idea what is needed. I use Bangkok Hospital Dental Center in Bangkok and they are great. It should cost about B1,200-3,000 with an x-rays to have them evaluate it, tell you what you need and provide a quote.
  6. I wonder, if someone borrowed $100,000 USD and remitted it to Thailand, would that be non-assessable income? If one could prove it with loan documents? What do you think?
  7. I had my root canal and crown done at Dental Hospital Bangkok near On Nut. 7 Soi On Nut 1/1 (Sukhumvit 77), Phra Khanong Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110. They do it all the same day because they make the crowns onsite. They drilled out the tooth, 1 hour later the crown was fitted and all done. Others have pointed out there are different types of crown materials. I was given "what they said" was the new best, and the total cost was far less than what you have quoted. 5 years now going strong.
  8. it's about funneling people into bars.
  9. I can't remember if it was Nokair or Airasia, but there used to be a Bkk-Mukdahan package deal where you would fly Bkk-Ubon and then get on a bus to Mukdahan straight from the airport. I did it over 10 years ago and don't know if it's still available.
  10. If I use meat within 3 days or so in refrigerator. 5 C degrees. IF then not, then I fry the meat and can hold then again in fridge for 2 days , but then must use. Never, ever i had rotten meat. IF longer not using, in freezer -18 C degrees. I can keep it for longer then month, no problem at all. But you do need a good refrigerator/freezer, not such a tiny thing with "freezing" in top section refrigerator. Thats hopeless, it will freeze some, but nope. Bought wife a Panasonic with cooling section (auto defrost) and freezer separate, they are rare to find. Run into it by accident. What was it 13000 baht I believe. Last year saw likewise-ish, but then 17000. However liked my model better then the newer one. Still at good shape, knock on wood. yes, meat in Makro, Big C are in ice show cases, wide open. Not my cup of tea with all the dripping blood all over, but ok never been sick. Better dont think too much about it. It is Thailand, different. Not even from shrimp from market. You know all the women must touch the shrimp or fish (hands washed?) and afterwards clean in cup of water with some lemon. Also everybody cleans in same cup. Still alive with no problems. When you buy in the country then it is even more weird. No cooling what so ever, it is just in the back of house somewhere. Again survived without any problems. Once ate oysters in Phuket, looked like respectable restaurant, even smelled the oysters(no nasty smell). But day afterwards I wasnt feeling happy at all. Slight fever, diarrhea, nausea. OK survived again, took a day. That is the only time n my life, I was sick of probably food. And I have eaten on many locations complete different then a 0 star restaurant.
  11. This will get dropped like a bad habit as soon as Pheu Thais' (mostly rural) voters understand that their tax-money will go towards paying for the Bangkokians travels..
  12. ...and so what if there is? GoFundMe is there to raise funds for all sorts of things. Tomorrow there will be news on the news, (no) prostitution in Pattaya, warriors with keyboards and fundraising on GoFundMe.
  13. Do you think Gabriel Brindusescu decided to research and do an article on solid state technology, he independently contacted Toyota for information, dug in on their research, weighed it up and wrote an article? Or did Toyota release a PR piece which he lapped up and reworded? You do know how the press works, right? Most of these publications are fed press releases. Oh, and by the way, Autoevolution gives his bio: "When it comes to car preferences, he will tell you that classic cars are the best, especially old American muscle. There are few modern day cars that get him really excited, and donโ€™t ever dare to ask him about hybrids or EVs if you donโ€™t want to see him mad excited." It's not you is it??
  14. There are several types of LTR where you do not need 80K passive income.
  15. No. You are talking about a "partial denture".
  16. By stating your guesses as tax facts and providing a tax guide on these guesses while belittling (or worse) every one else you only have yourself to blame. What is wrong with starting your separate tax thread guide as you proposed several times yourself? Pls do so, much obliged!
  17. Obviously....... I have visited a dentist in my home country with my affected tooth
  18. you have nothing to say, as per usual of those who 'know how these islands work', you don't any personal experience of dodgy mafia stuff... you don't even have to give names and you are incognito here too. full of s**t basically. come on mr know how it works, spill the beans.... LIAR
  19. You may be able to find zolpidem (Ambien) but it's expensive and again, it can only be acquired from a hospital. One common thing about Thailand - they are extremely adverse to prescribing anything that is effective for pain or for sleep. Palliative medicine here in Thailand is in the stone-ages and it seems to be getting worse, not better. Even melatonin which many here would like to take is becoming a pain-in-the-butt to find and purchase. However if it is only for occasional insomnia, then benzodizepines like diazepam are widely available from clinics. However you don't every want to become physically dependent on benzos. Not a good choice for those who tend toward addictive behavior.
  20. So now we know why we have been fed such journalistic garbage on a daily basis - Asean Now was sucking up to a potential buyer, regardless of the quality.
  21. I'm not a child, or even a baby "GOAT", but I do get bored with these "if you don't like it - go home" posts. Nothing or nowhere is perfect, andf I don't expect it to be, but that still doesn't mean that if I'm not happy about a particular situation or statement, I should just "put up or shut up"!
  22. I wish prayer was compulsory when I was at a comprehensive school in Scotland.
  23. I'll likely be flying into Ubon Ratchathani. No car. Is there some sort of minubus service directly from the airport to Mukdahan? Or do you have to go to the bus station first?
  1. Load more activity