All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. To attract quality tourists ... you need to be an appealing destination. Phuket is simply an overcrowded concrete island with very little going for it to offer the wealthy. It is simply the Blackpool of Asia ... kiss me quick hats, sex on the beach and generally bad tolerated behaviour. Quality goes elsewhere.
  3. I don't. Are they really fleeing, or simply going to where they are accepted, and able to fly to. Don't think it's any different than other people's choice to holiday in TH. Is it really their first choice, or all they can afford on an extended holiday. Or for some, if not for P4P, they'd never have sex, so again, is it simply all they can afford. TH does make it convenient for both of those scenarios, if close. Not so much for Americans, as not close, and better options closer to the Americas. Hence the quantity of tourist here vs the quality.
  4. https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2024/4/25/israels-war-on-gaza-live-calls-grow-for-gaza-mass-graves-investigation
  5. Sure there could be another side to the story which we will never know, either way there is no excuse for what they have done rich kids thinking they were untouchable what complete idiots behaving like that. Hamish and Oscar are completely screwed it is to publicized for a payout to happen, saying that there would be a lot of brown envelopes floating about regardless from the rich parents for sure
  6. See my later comments for clarity. It is indeed yield or give way to the LEFT. Funny thing is, I was even taught in the wrong way here in Thailand, and I even factchecked with ChatGPT before I posted my original comment, and they also gave the wrong answer/way (yield to the right in Thailand). No wonder there's so much confusion about it...
  7. Been watching the university protests in the US on Al Jazeera. When the college authorities call in cops in full riot gear with clubs to disperse peaceful students one knows that something is very wrong. Ultimately the cops are on the wrong side IMO, supporting authorities on the side of genocide. Many students arrested, but apparently the charges thrown out in court as the protests are legal. This is IMO a direct descendant of the anti Vietnam war, anti apartheid protests that ended both, and hopefully ends the illegal occupation of Palestine and the illegal collective punishment of Palestinians. IMO it's not going to end well for the college authorities, as it's not just students, but also faculty protesting and the images of cops in full riot gear with clubs pushing non violent students around are being broadcast all over the US. The images of the atrocities happening in Gaza are being seen all over the world and more and more people are realising who the criminals are in that area, so more and more people will support the protests. Eventually, as with the anti Vietnam war protests, the protests will become so large that the government can't ignore them any more. If Biden doesn't feel his chances of winning in November are threatened, he should be. He is IMO obviously complicit in israeli atrocities, so the protests will likely focus on him, come the election. If the students keep coming back day after day, it's going to become very difficult for the cops to keep descending in the hundreds to deal with them- they do have other responsibilities to deal with, like catching actual criminals. The cops better hope that it doesn't get violent as the images of heavily armed cops beating up students will be beamed into every house in the US. That never plays well with the tax paying voters.
  8. yes indeed. Because venice, phuket, and pats have so many other things in common.
  9. It depends on if the driver or the police are still wearing face masks.
  10. I was prescribed Lyrica for nerve pain due to Neuropathy. I took it for a few days but I didn't like the side effects. Made me dizzy and disoriented. Started taking Tramadol instead. No side effects.
  11. Amazing that three people seem to agree with your pointless, nasty outburst. I would also be interested to hear their side of the story. Like yourself I have no standing here, but not being deaf, dumb and blind I sometimes follow news items.
  12. I've lived in Phuket for 20 years now, things have changed here and not for the good, bus loads of chiness tourists blocking the roads, Russian breaking all the laws drink driving and killing people, working illegally doing what ever they want the men all think there're gangsters and the women want to be Americans. We have a huge water shortage at the moment and no real rains forecast, overcrowded roads and stupid people driving like complete aholes, drag racing on the roads at night, this government is a complete joke.
  13. And what evidence and authority do you base this diagnosis on? All I see is unsupported speculation. Clean or dirty, was he "ill" when they at shot his car, too?
  14. Perhaps if he hadn't been in a rush he'd have held out for 10,000 Baht?
  15. Hmmmh, I asked you yesterday, what is so ridiculous or ignorant about my comment. However, for long time users of cannabis it could be difficult to give a coherent answer. As I helped people my whole life I will not exclude you: Here is something to read for you: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4827335/ Share it with all your cannabis friends.🙏
  16. Usually the rail systems installation work does not wait for completion of the civil works, but is carried out as each section is completed. 5 1/2 years would be a very long time to install these systems .
  17. Went in to my dentist on Pattaya Klang the other day hoping to get in same day. Nope. Had to take an appointment for Sunday.
  18. here......https://iservice.true.th/prepaid-top-up
  19. This seems like a thoughtful post. To what extent do well-positioned crooks prefer to do battle in private rather than the public eye? Using media and public opinion seems like a risky strategy for a real crook. So much to lose, and enemies knowing where the bodies are buried... But this is Thailand
  20. Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it.
  21. What a shocking state of affairs when a criminal is openly and actively running the government. Just when you think Thailand's political shenanigans can't get any lower, Teflon Tony and co, prove the world wrong and drag Thailand down even further. A criminal has a private meeting with the PM. I bet there were no secretaries taking minutes in that meeting!!
  22. They do charge, and only in the very beginning was it free. Just to let people know it was available and motivate people to test. We don't bother charging at malls, and rarely have use for it. Only use CS when O&A, and rare we would be at a mall when O&A, unless at Krung Thep, which I prefer to use public trans. More to avoid being in traffic and having an oops out of province. We always charge outside of Krung Thep, whether we need to or not, as that means we've been on the road too long already, Going to the mall to charge while O&A isn't really as convenient as PTT. But if living in an area that has malls, and can't charge at home, then would be very convenient, as one does have to do their weekly shopping. If we couldn't charge at home, then Lotus's would be our charging spot, once a week, as we hit Swensen's there every Tues or 2, or Pizza Co, like last night for dinner. Don't drive enough to charge every week, so no problem if we miss an Ice cream or pizza fix some weeks. From your queries and posts, you really don't have any clue how any of this works, do you?
  23. This is sad news. Truely the best ever aircraft. I'd fly Emirates business class many times on the A380. The time really flew by drinking with some friends in the business lounge rear of the plane.
  1. Load more activity