All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Always stand to the left side and ensure there is someone robust on your flank, sorry but survival of the wiser.
  3. Govt spokesman assures Move Forward MP: Rama 2 road completion set for next year File photo : Construction on Rama 2 road / Image credits to Thai PBS A spokesperson for the government, Chai Wacharonke, asserted today that all construction projects on the Rama 2 Road will be finished by next year. This completion is expected to significantly ease the current traffic congestion. Full Story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325828-govt-spokesman-assures-move-forward-mp-rama-2-road-completion-set-for-next-year/
  4. The white SUV was clearly at fault. The video shows it was. If it were a woman with a pram crossing the road, the same outcome. SUV not slowing down for the junction, no caution for the junction, the driver should have known better....🤔
  5. I am by no means an expert on this, but if your connection is being re-routed several times to hide your location then I would expect to see a drop in speed when using a VPN. That has always been the case, from what I've read. But this article explains some of the current situation. What caused the damage to SEA-ME-WE 5? | Capacity Media
  6. Better to retire to Thailand, rather than retire to Taiwan. When one tries to retire to Taiwan, even a labotomy is of little comfort.
  7. Daughter-In-Law, wife of Eric Trump. From your link: On Tuesday, the former president outlined his support for Lara Trump, who is married to his son Eric and was a senior adviser to the Trump campaign in 2020.
  8. 419 THB a month subscribe to Netflix, fastest and best package 🙂
  9. A spokesperson for the government, Chai Wacharonke, asserted today that all construction projects on the Rama 2 Road will be finished by next year. This completion is expected to significantly ease the current traffic congestion. This statement came in the wake of a disagreement with Rukchanok Srinork, a Move Forward MP for Bangkok, over the state of traffic on the Rama 2 road. The debate unfolded on social media after Chai posted about a recent trip he took on the road, in which he stated that the traffic conditions weren’t as bad as reported. Rukchanok responded with a post stating that Chai's one-time road use and claim of manageable traffic overlooked the larger issue, which she implied was similar to an incident where Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin claimed Chiang Mai's air wasn't polluted after a single bike ride. She challenged Chai to reside in the Rama 2 area for a month to understand daily traffic conditions. Emphasizing the need for government recognition of existing problems before they can be resolved, Rukchanok posed a question about people's gain when problems they endure daily is denied by the government. However, Chai defended that construction projects on Rama 2 Road, spanning nearly 50 years, were being addressed as per the prime minister's directive to complete them all within the next year. He further stated that there are currently four active construction initiatives on the road, including elevated roads, motorways, and outer ring roads. Chai added that the prime minister prioritizes public safety for users of Rama 2, resulting in construction work taking place only between 10pm to 5am. In conclusion, he insisted that despite sporadic congestion, the overall traffic flow has improved significantly. Caption: File photo : Construction on Rama 2 road / Image credits to Thai PBS -- ASEAN NOW 2024-04-24 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  10. I have asked before and do not expect a sensible English language response but hope springs eternal! If you insist on making non sensical posts can you at least try using the English language which I assume, probably wrongly, has been taught to you at some time!
  11. Do you mean megawatt HOURS as a megawatt is a megajoule PER SECOND
  12. It must be deep in our psyche. Not that long ago we controlled 25% plus of the world's population and land mass so we tend to think we can go anywhere, and behave badly, with impunity. The sad reality is that we are greatly reduced, and struggle just to run our own, relatively small, country. Our politicians are full of s..t, as are our rivers, beaches and reservoirs.
  13. In Thailand anything is possible if you have the right connections. But a blue book will cost you a lot more than a coffee!
  14. And pigs might fly. The GG has no powers whatever in the matter (nor any other matter except as advised to him by the Australian Government). He will have merely nodded politely when the Thai PM raised the matter.
  15. I am not looking forward to the run-up in humidity during the run-up to the Raining Season. I would rather endure the heat during the drier Dry Season. No way I would attempt to live in CM without powerful efficient inverter ACs.
  16. Yes I also noticed the no motorbike sign and the cops motorbike, did he fine himself.
  17. Want to know why there are so many farang road deaths here in Thailand? Just read the comments (or listen to them) by people who "clearly" don't have a minimal clue as to the laws of right-of-way at intersections as well as all of the excuses for the consequences of heedless driving. If you are driving an bicycle, EV scooter, motorcycle, car, truck, or simply walking - if you are on a Thai road your first responsibility is to "clearly" be aware of your surroundings and to navigate with caution and in a defensive manner. If you are driving an EV scooter and get hit by a car - trust me - it doesn't matter who was at fault if a modicum of caution and defensive driving could have avoided the accident in the first place. Hopefully AN/Thaiger will keep on top of this event come what may - I really would like to know how the BIB, Thai court system, and the insurance company settle this.
  18. Add in, most folks are running with very short fuses. For me, the pool is too hot, and I can only get a short walk in early before I start sweating like a pig. Consider, a few weeks ago here we had a short pretty good rain. It cooled it down from 40c to 26c very quickly. Now back to unbearable, every dam day.
  19. Of course we are not equals, but it's still bragging showing off what you have. You think anyone cares to hear?
  20. And Africans in the lower Sukhumvit area of Bangkok. They've been doing it with near impunity for years, or so I've read. Over and over again. That's the men. These days, African women are in business too, but not selling the same product.
  21. Really? You ever had ecstasy or cocaine? More desirable than heroin or ice. Both drugs would certainly make a full moon party a lot more enjoyable. I am sure that the many foreigners who have bought from him are sorry that he has been caught.
  22. Is it actually legal for foreigners to carry a collapsible baton, though?
  23. I didn't start with those manly attributes. I get your point. There is a wide range of bikes available between a 110cc scooter and a big Harley. I ride a KTM Duke 390 most of the time in the middle of Bangkok. It's basically the frame of a 125cc KTM bike with a 390cc engine, somewhere >40HP. And it has good suspension and good brakes. I didn't buy a bigger bike because in the middle of Bangkok there wouldn't be any advantage. And I didn't buy a little scooter because the bad brakes, suspension, etc.
  24. But a review of the articles I can find indicate that computers, tablets and phones are also subject to the ban on account sharing. I think this is being implemented country by country based upon the main subscriber's location and not all countries have been added yet.
  1. Load more activity