BANGKOK

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Do they even fly to the US anymore? Don't think so. So, who cares.
  3. What we did in our province is got them to come and look and price up supplying, can't remember cost but remember it was more than I thought it would be.
  4. If medical insurance requirement for all retirement extensions becomes law , expect to be "laughing" all the way back to your home country when you are in your late sixties and cant get insurance anymore.
  5. Waterworks officials has lucky escape as motorbike catches fire By Eakkapop Thongtub The motorbike was destroyed by the fire within minutes. Image: CCTV via Supawatkan Kulnaraksana PHUKET: A waterworks official at Chalong Municipality had a lucky escape from serious injury as his motorbike caught fire while he was riding home for lunch yesterday (Oct 22). Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1130113-waterworks-officials-has-lucky-escape-as-motorbike-catches-fire/
  6. I was there yesterday. My Visa was to expire on the 14 Nov. They had other issues with my new application but didn't have any issue with a new Visa 3 weeks early. Be sure to have your original marriage cert.
  7. Waterworks officials has lucky escape as motorbike catches fire By Eakkapop Thongtub The motorbike was destroyed by the fire within minutes. Image: CCTV via Supawatkan Kulnaraksana PHUKET: A waterworks official at Chalong Municipality had a lucky escape from serious injury as his motorbike caught fire while he was riding home for lunch yesterday (Oct 22). Officers Chalong Municipality’s fire department were called to put out the fire, at the entrance to Moo Baan Wongsiri, near the Baan Nabon School on Chao Fa East, just after midday. However, when the fire team arrived, local residents had already doused the flames, but by that time the motorbike had already been destroyed. Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/waterworks-officials-has-lucky-escape-as-motorbike-catches-fire-73336.php#wg6pkdAeJaca2DFV.99 -- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-10-23 Follow Thaivisa on LINE for breaking Thailand news and visa info
  8. lol 'nobility of spirit', I doubt folks in the UK think people illegally living there are 'noble of spirit'
  9. Another accident involving a mini bus travelling at high speed and a driver who hasn't got the skills to control it , I have seen so many of these travelling at excessive speeds it beggars belief .
  10. This kind of people are only thinking about themselves, <deleted> on the rules and make live more difficult for people who do respect the rules. That is nasty.
  11. My friend have same before. Rape guy use the motorbike right? Have a lot hit and run accident in Thailand.
  12. You make a very good observation. I work for Delta, and the load factor is the key factor in achieving a profitable flight. TG may claim an 80% load factor, but if the total available load is 20% less than a competing airline on the same route, thats a problem. TG's answer to this conundrum has consistently been to increased seat pricing to compensate, which in turn depresses' the total load factor. The airline business, while massive in revenue, works on super thin margins. Something that TG management has yet to comprehend.
  13. Another filthy foreigner living off the generous welfare system in Thailand not contributing to the economy in any way Glad immigration are doing there job to improve the economy of Thailand Putting all those poor tourists at risk with his non Thai diving qualifications just not up to Thai industry standards
  14. Never had a problem with email or bank access in any country I have traveled to including here.
  15. False economy if you are changing them more often?
  16. The hotel will do your first report, no need to worry. If as @steve187 says you will not be needing to visit immigration (for a visa extension) then there's no real need to report.
  17. I have had my latest one for years and years. When it falls off my mother in law will doubtless put on a new one, as she very kindly always does. Rooster
  18. It is very typical for a female with a regular 15,000 b a month job at least the ones I have met in Bangkok. Rent 4,000 b. ( Oh Nuts type area) Car 6 to 7 year loan 7,000 b. The rest for food and making minimum payments on their high numerous CC balances. But hey hey, this could all be positive news depending on who you are and your goals. Last report I read there are over one million profiles and climbing, on Thai dating sites. Ever wonder why??
  19. Sheryl is right - they are prescription only in Thailand and possession without having them prescribed by a doctor registered in Thailand is an offence. A minor one, but something that cops can scare you into coughing up a few thousand for. The ones on the street are fake. Buy in a pharmacy, keep them in your suitcase, and put one in your wallet if you're heading out. Take one hour before you get your new friend back to your room.
  20. That’s why you inform your bank and credit card people of your travel plans before you go to another country. I’ve always gone to my bank and informed them before traveling anywhere in the world, including Thailand. They put an official note about my travel on my account and credit card in their computers that goes to all their banks and associate banking partners. That way I can do banking no matter what country my plane lands in, and whether I’m gone for weeks, or many months. Never any problem accessing my money anywhere in the world. Get on a plane and fly off somewhere without talking to your bank and credit card people....don’t be surprised if you have a problem when you try to access your accounts at an ATM or anywhere else.
  1. Load more activity