All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Well, if you want to read it that way. Or you could say that, in order to counteract the Soviet attempt to take over Afghanistan, it was the US that encouraged and supported the Taliban movement initially. Making a mess not unlike their initial support for Saddam in Iraq. But we can agree that let to itself, without Soviet or US interference, Afgahnistan would probably be a much happier country today. I still remember talking to an Afghan refugee lady in the late 80's who had tears in her eyes describing how beautiful her home country was.
  3. The EU's membership has grown during the period you quote and the Euro didn't come into existence until 1999, so a direct comparison is impossible. I don't think that the following is a particularly useful comparison but the dollar/mark exchange rate remained relatively stable over the period in question while the (French) franc trended downwards.
  4. Soon the clues will all line up and even you can then decipher them .
  5. "Big Joke to appear on April 1st!" You couldn't make this up LOL
  6. Can't believe there are only 42 on the committee.....how many on the panel?.....There must be subcommittees as well.
  7. Chernobyl nuclear power station consisted of four operating 1,000-megawatt power reactors Thai plan to have small new generation nuclear rectors helped by Usa. 70mw reactors A little cain reaction there Bill. 5 posts
  8. That's a pretty strong statement Scouse, you wouldn't have said that about Bill Skate when he was the leader!
  9. Agreed if for retirement. He would need to exit Thailand without a Re-entry Permit thus voiding the O-A. Just a footnote as I converted my original O-A Visa (Retirement) granted in the USA in 2011 (with subsequent Extensions of Stay) to an "O"Visa for reason of marriage to a Thai National without having to leave Thailand. Awaiting the 1st Extension of Stay currently.
  10. Looks like a Rebel 300cc so new the price is about 300k. Wife has a Rebel 500cc nice little twin.
  11. Those who willing to go to Ukraine (and get paid for it)- voluntary coming to conscription places.
  12. The score of the NBA all star game was 211-186.
  13. The first as in it was the first bar you came to when you entered Soi Diamond from Second Road. <rolleyes>
  14. I posted in relation to your "if the earth spun the the way" post. The article indeed talks about time as in calendar or time of day.
  15. In other news, Thai man videos foreign woman micturating and posts on intertubes. Netizen outrage against man for broadcasting obscene or offensive content via public websites in..........3.....2....."She's a witch!"
  16. What wars did he start in your suggested 8 years at war?
  17. My midnight, Macbook air, M3 has just arrived.......spilt coffee all over my previous Macbook....laugh? I nearly paid my TV licence.
  18. Among the common reporting standards, is banks around the world are going to share banking information - not sure how that will work but if my bank shares my banking practices, it is easy to see from where all funds deposited come from the US Government - either for my govt pension or tax refunds each year. Then the amount sent to my account here in Thailand is already here so it seems to me that the Thai government should be able to identify non-assessible income (from a US govt pension only) and therefore I shouldn't have to provide the Thai RD with anything. Guess we just have to wait to see if we have problems or not.
  19. I hope A.P. are proud of the prize, although I doubt the family of this poor girl murdered and butchered on 7th Oct, then paraded in the back of a pick up truck in Gaza as a prize would agree. https://twitter.com/HonestReporting/status/1771078404781060133 This is how the family prefer to remember her but the biggest photojournalism competition in the world decided to trample on the family's wishes. https://twitter.com/HenMazzig/status/1773318588775948699
  20. Not legally, he couldn't, if the sole purpose of the company was to circumvent Thai land ownership laws,
  21. Yes indeed. With Thailand's Health & Safety record, what possibly could go wrong? Chernobyl comes to mind!
  22. Yes indeed. With Thailand's Health & Safety record, what possibly could go wrong? Chernobyl comes to mind!
  23. Yes indeed. With Thailand's Health & Safety record, what possibly could go wrong? Chernobyl comes to mind!
  1. Load more activity