All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Does this give us a more runny nose than the others?
  3. Does that go for cigarette smokers? Cigarette smoke literally stinks and is also a health hazard, secondhand cigarette smoke causes real health problems. Yeah, entitled cigarette addicts smoking anywhere they please are a scourge. So absolutely ALL smokers of all substances should be respectful and not pollute the air of others. But the cigarette pίgs will go to war with you if you ask them politely to refrain from doing it.
  4. There will always be the "sky is always falling on falang" retards. The same type of Downs-level morons who say that falang is ALWAYS at fault in a vehicular accident (been in five small accidents and one pretty major one, all were handled with acceptable fairness/outcomes vi insurance/court and I was even at fault for a few of them). As far as property, I bought the condo I live in 8 years ago and it has paid for itself. Might sell it soon and just rent a small pool villa for my remaining time in country.
  5. Better topic title: Thai Citizens FLiRT with Death By Covid - Covid Czar Yong Cautions Public Not To Panic
  6. And I never rented (24 years). How can renting be best?
  7. Don't forget to bring your Ukraine flags though, those are allowed!
  8. Good morning PJ, am I sure about what, do you need help, just ask.......🤔
  9. They will vote for whoever offers the most money. This process stinks of corruption.
  10. Fatal Accident in Chiang Mai Claims Five Lives Including Pregnant Woman Picture courtesy: Thai Rath A tragic car crash in Chiang Mai province led to the death of five people, including a pregnant woman carrying her unborn child. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1326953-fatal-accident-in-chiang-mai-claims-five-lives-including-pregnant-woman/
  11. Funnily enough, the idea of creating Israel was only tentatively agreed by the UK. The USA was the first to recognize the new country. The Jewish terrorists (yes they were wanted terrorists) at that time included a future prime minister, Menachem Begin. You may remember the King David's hotel bombing. UK foreign minister Balfour stated they were in favor of an Israel state as long as other occupants of the area were treated well. "Nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine". Oh well.
  12. Are you the expert on Thai hospital staff and what they put on death certificates..? If you are, tell your insider info..........🤔
  13. Picture courtesy: Thai Rath A tragic car crash in Chiang Mai province led to the death of five people, including a pregnant woman carrying her unborn child. The accident took place on Chiang Mai-Phrao Road on May 9. Involved vehicles were a hospital ambulance and a pickup truck, carrying four and six individuals respectively. The accident was reported to the Chiang Mai Provincial Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Office around 5.20pm, after which authorities and rescue teams were immediately dispatched. Upon arrival, two highly damaged vehicles were found near a forest, with injured occupants. These injured individuals were immediately transferred to nearby hospitals while others had tragically died on the spot. The medical worker and ambulance driver were amongst the injured. The latter being severely hurt while seated and needed to be extricated using special tools. The medical worker reportedly endured limb deformities from the incident. Among the deceased are three people from the pickup truck and the pregnant woman with her fetus. The ambulance was transporting the pregnant lady to a hospital in Mueang district for childbirth when the accident happened. Initial reports suggest the pickup driver lost control on the wet road causing the disastrous collision. An official investigation is currently underway to verify the exact cause of the accident. -- 2024-05-10 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  14. And no drunk grownup thai ever done the same at a thai temple ?? But why is there no public wc at this much visited place ??? Oh-stupid me- the 300 thb "tourist tax" not introduced yet...
  15. This will all be wiped aside and those who support the status quo will buy their way into a majority, in yet another non-representitive Senate.
  16. Palestinians flee chaos and panic in Rafah after Israel’s seizure of border crossing The past three days, streams of people on foot or in vehicles have jammed the roads out of Rafah in a confused evacuation, their belongings piled high in cars, trucks and donkey carts. All the while, Israeli bombardment has boomed and raised palls of smoke. [...] The war has killed over 34,800 Palestinians, according to Gaza health officials, and has driven some 80% of Gaza’s population of 2.3 million Palestinians from their homes. https://apnews.com/article/rafah-israel-gaza-war-hamas-evacuation-e0754cdae0f3786982038e80feaa159e
  17. Not weeping but laughing at your gullibility. By the way, Judge Merchan decline the motion for mistrial twice.
  18. Only one item on the menu. Still not ready to serve it. Time to start causing disruption.
  19. Okay, so the fact-check article does mention that peer reviewed studies on NPIs have been done. Still, it's rather meaningless when considering a host of variables. And not simply the myriad of variables the studies must contend with, consider and determine how to treat, and which data to include or exclude, but also those outside variables which affect and influence the studies themselves. To list just a few of these variables one would need to include the co-option of scientific institutions - including journals - by special and powerful monied interests, the co-option of science due to funding schemes, intense peer pressure on scientists and researchers towards conformity and groupthink, and the biases of the studies' authors and their level of honesty and objectivity whilst considering their personal interests. Importantly, of course, always follow the money for, sadly, money is the sole and final determinative of intentions and outcomes in our dysfunctional and corrupted world. For myself, there's been enough data that's surfaced over the years raising serious questions regarding the trustworthiness of any information, no matter what the supposed authoritative source is. Given all of the instances in which trust has been destroyed by so many formerly trusted sources it is my opinion that it would be the height of foolishness to treat any information as credible enough to then blindly trust. In my opinion so many folks fall into this trap. Largely due to their own biased beliefs about what they want the truth to be. From your link I did read one of the studies, Estimating the effects of non-pharmaceutical interventions on COVID-19 in Europe, published in Nature on 8 June 2020. I'll use it as an example of how I believe the conclusions reached can be quite dubious and, if taken at face value, misleading. The peer reviewed study considers a very limited time frame beginning with the arrival of the "pandemic" in February 2020 through 4 May 2020. It focuses on 11 European countries, including the UK. The first lockdown ordered in the UK occured on 23 March 2020 and came into legal force three days later. It ran in full effect through 10 May 2020 before restrictions slowly eased over the next month. The study concluded before that first lockdown ended. Timeline of UK coronavirus lockdowns, March 2020 to March 2021 - www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk It's always interesting to read through the Peer Review File on studies as the comments made by the referees can be quite revealing. Anyone reading the study will immediately note all of the assumptions used, not to mention the limitations and uncertainties regarding the quality of data. The authors duly noted these limitations and uncertainties throughout. As an example of this type of disclosure I'll quote from the Abstract. "Amidst the ongoing pandemic, we rely on death data that are incomplete, show systematic biases in reporting and are subject to future consolidation." There are two important well known truisms to always keep in the forefront of one's mind when accessing scientific works. The first is, "assumption is the mother of all fu's." Every theory, scientific or otherwise, is rooted in at least one base assumption. If that were not so then it would not be a theory but a known; knowns require no assumptions. If the assumptions are faulty then so, too, must be the conclusions. The second is a popular computer axiom which states, "garbage in, garbage out." This study is forced to deal with data that is suspect in multiple respects and here again the authors duly note it: "We attempt to overcome these data limitations by using a consolidated data source, incorporating noise in our observational model, partially pooling of information between countries and performing a sensitivity analysis under scenarios of underreporting to test our conclusions." In other words, they are often forced to develop estimations. Back to the referees' comments. "The paper by Flaxman et al. presents a semi-mechanistic Bayesian hierarchical model based on death data to estimate the impact of social distancing interventions put in place in 11 countries in Europe to curb COVID-19 epidemic. Results indicate that the reproductive number has decreased from 3.87 [3.01-4.66] (averaged across all countries) to values close to 1 (with few exceptions, see Sweden) with the implementation of interventions. Percentage of infected individuals in the population is provided by country, together with the number of deaths averted. The subject addressed by the paper is certainly of extreme and urgent importance in this phase of the epidemic where countries are still in lockdown and exploring possible exit strategies for the next steps. The method however is based on some key assumptions that are affected by important biases, thus compromising its findings." What becomes blatantly obvious with studies such as this is that whilst their findings may conclude, "Our results show that major non-pharmaceutical interventions—and lockdowns in particular—have had a large effect on reducing transmission. Continued intervention should be considered to keep transmission of SARS-CoV-2 under control," the conclusion should not be taken as proof positive. Especially considering that the study itself is based purely on statistical computer modeling. No one can ever forget the initial predictive computer models for Covid worldwide deaths which were broadcast at least in the U.S. at the start of the "pandemic." On that basis I reject your evidence for your claim that the implemented NPIs worked and the studies hold as definitive proofs. One other interesting fact of this particular study, which raises alarm bells in my mind and draws me to conclude that this study is highly suspect, is this blurb: "In China, strict movement restrictions and other measures (including case isolation and quarantine) began to be introduced from 23 January 2020, which achieved a downward trend in the number of confirmed new cases during February and resulted in zero new confirmed indigenous cases in Wuhan by 19 March 2020. Studies have estimated how the values of Rt changed during this time in different areas of China, from around 2–4 during the uncontrolled epidemic to below 1 (refs. 1,2)." If the authors were foolish enough to assume (remember the assumption truism for it come into play here) that the Chinese, or rather CCP reporting is to be taken at face value then I shudder to think what other assumptions they've made. I believe everyone suffered majorly from incredulous disbelief when the CCP announced they had zero new cases by the 19th of March 2020. We all remember the many videos of people dropping dead on the spot everywhere (amazingly seen nowhere elsewhere in the world) and the leaked reports on Twitter of the crematoriums working 24/7 yet still they could not keep up with the piles of dead. I recall looking daily at the Covid world death trackers by country at the time and China did not have any new cases . . . not just deaths . . . for quite some time. Sorry to say, but not sorry, I call bullsh!t. As I do on your claim, TallGuyJohninBKK. I'm interested in what the truth is. Not in validating what I want to believe.
  20. No police report, but a press conference? Like, share and subscribe!
  21. With a poll tax of 2,500 baht that makes it out of reach of most commoners, but cheap enough to stuff with cronies that'll vote for whoever you want
  22. I've never in my 67 years heard anyone complain about the smell of marijuana. It's earthy and incense like, and has no poisons in it. I don't smoke it but find the smell pleasant. Tobacco is a different story. Cigarette smoke literally stinks. Secondhand smoke is proven to cause health problems. People who smoke cigarettes around other people regardless of how it effects them are simply inconsiderate pίgs. Cigarette pigs. The fact that they can get away with it here but not in their home countries does not excuse their lack of courtesy and respect. There are reasons why you can't do it in most western countries.
  23. circle jerk continues as you lie to each other to feel better there was no ballot dump if you had any clue what you were talking about they count the mail in ballots last and donnie was told they were predominantly Democratic. he's a whining loser
  1. Load more activity