BANGKOK 21 April 2019 15:51

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The form is mainly static data input and there is little that goes in by way of evidence .... maybe a few clues entered on the 'additional information' section. The supporting evidence comes later, either by uploading yourself or scanning at VfS. There is no problem going over an intended 3 week visit IF you have a plausible explanation on the subsequent application. I know of at least 2 cases where the first visa was applied for on the basis of a one month visit and the applicants stayed for 6 months. One deliberately and one just because they got on so well that they decided she would stay full term. Both successfully applied for subsequent visas but this time stated (and could support) a 6 month visit.
  3. There should be no 90 days reporting as criminals in the first place.
  4. You’ve lost 5 of your last 8 matches in all comps and are playing like it.
  5. I use Ivacy, plenty of servers around the world and a solution for BBC IPlayer.
  6. May have mentioned elsewhere before, chatted with a Canadian guy on Facebook. He got a fresh income affidavit from his Embassy. Appointment. Show pension doc printed off the internet. Letter issued. In and out, 20 minutes, same as before. Said TI accepted it no questions. Funny old world.
  7. Wow, your so tough / so strong, what bulk powder do you consume 3 times per day?
  8. Thailand is probably running out of the Chinese on their first trip outside and duped by TATs broschures. They got back after the trip and spread the word. I doubt many come twice.
  9. The statement sounds to be made by one of the "why so many". Then again, it could be made by one that made the more miserable list.
  10. They do. But budget cuts, lack of personnel and facilities have lead to an incredible backlog. The present government seems to be asking for illegal immigration, and imo the only reason is to get Trump re-elected.
  11. Rubbish. democrats are not supporting the wall and ripping children from their parents, to put them in cages, whilst supporting the other measures of addressing illegal immigration. Meanwhile, can you support your claim about militia groups catching illegal immigrants by the hundreds, with a link?
  12. There is a full service print shop near the Three King Monument called Jarus Print - you'll see a Kaffe 151 on the corner,Jarus is left of them. Been using them for many years to print vinyl banners, promotional materials even did a complete trailer wrap. I don't have experience with book binding formats but I would be surprised if this shop wouldn't do it. Advise to take a Thai with you to help bridge the details. There are also numerous small print operations in and around the CMU. I know of a roadside print shop across from the UN Pub(a few meters to the left) a friend had a soft cover book printed there and they actually printed it on one-side of the paper making for what was 200pgs now 400pgs and twice the price. Again good to have a Thai friend who understands your details to help avoid running ground from the 'conceptual deficiet' that so often arises when working with Thais.
  13. I suspect that unless it's a lemon any 'mid-range' modern car offers 'satisfaction'... thats to stay it will never be awesome. So, unless purchasing Merc, BMW, Audi, Volvo etc expectations of quality have to me managed to avoid disappointment - I don't think the Volvo-XC-60 can be compared to the Fortuna or Everest. Thus in this mid-range I think anything you choose will be ok, it will never me the most amazing driving experience you've ever had - but it will tick the boxes, get you from A-B and be comfortable - thats all most of us expect from a car in Thailand because the costs involved with getting anything better than this are highly elevated. Thus your choice - CRV, Fortuna, CX-5 will all be ok. IMO: of these three the Fortuna is the most utilitarian and the CX-5 will offer the most premium feel. The CRV somewhere in the middle, not as nice or premium as the CX-5 but more utilitarian and more of a car feel than the Fortuna.
  14. So you want political correctness, nobody allowed to 'do their own thing'.
  15. Real income verification is a relative concept. I assume if Immigration is pleased with it, it is all what matters.
  16. Lovely little buddhist country with such happy smiling inhabitants. Too bad after midnight they turn into berserks.
  17. I think you are being very naive if you think his complete and sudden removal from the position has anything whatsoever to do with retirment visas, agents and immigration. If that was thw case they could simply tell him to wind it in. The issue is obviosly far bigger than that and the person taken action far more powerful the Prayuth. Some websites are speculating already on large sums of money stashed over seas etc. Maybe this was going to come out and be very very embarassing which is why the hush hush. As if the powerful generals give a shit about a few angry expats lol.
  18. Said illegals ought to simply march up to an established border crossing and announce their intentions to seek asylum. Crossing in BF nowhere, up over a fence/barrier, or none at all, then attempting to elude BP, makes things fairly clear. When they get caught, then they utter the magic word to exploit the system.
  19. Sparkles

Rain

Pretty normal weather pattern although thunderstorms usually start earlier and thats all you can expect .Consistent rain,all over the province, for a few days, is normally a way off. The temp dropped 13 degrees in 15 minutes but that was from a high of 42 which in itself is abnormally high. Rain is hit and miss ,we were lucky at Mooban Wangtan we got about 30 mins of solid rain and the usual trees down , power of for 3 1/2 hrs. No where on www.accuweather.com did they show cloud on the satellite and no forecast of any rain ,as good as useless. Its clouding up as I post, chok dee to those who didnt get any rain
  20. If you're an American you can vote for any candidate you want. I just don't understand why someone would knowingly choose a candidate that is the worst for the country and ultimately for themselves over a candidate that has demonstrated they are improving the lives of all Americans. I really don't like the idea of allowing all American's the right to vote. If it were up to me, you'd have to serve in the military or something like the peace corps, (honorably), not be on welfare, and have some minimum in savings lets say $1000.00 usd before you could be eligible to vote.
  21. Me again thanks for time. I struggle with this tech stuff but have Deemoney app on my mobile so another daft question. So do I need my Bkk banks QR thingy or just put the details in phone following instructions it seems too easy. ?
  1. Load more activity