All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That is incorrect guidance and is highly inappropriate! The basic deductions for an over 65 year old are 190k for over age 65 years plus 60k personal allowance. There is also a zero tax rated band of 150k. If the difference between those two allowances and the 500k you mention is derived from ANY source that is not covered by a DTA and/or is taxed at a lower rate in the home country than it is in Thailand, the income is assessable to Thai tax. Not registering for a TIN and not filing taxes to declare that income, assuming the person was Thai tax resident, means that person is guilty of tax evasion for which there are harsh penalties.
  3. I too had my 90 day report rejected , also on the email it said my last address was at some Condo in Chiang Mai , ...I have never been to that Condo or know anything about it ... So what I did was to reapply to the new TM30 ,I had already done that but thought it was best to do again , reported again ,next day it was granted , everything OK regards Worgeordie
  4. Reliable source for this please. "Furthermore, the woman making the charge was found to be a CIA operative."
  5. He’s full time but not a Hollywood actor. Lives in Beijing, Mostly all Chinese movies and tv shows. Kev Lee https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6039425/
  6. I just got in a couple of days ago, just normal access, no VPN. Why do you guys have to use a VPN?
  7. Quite a few years ago we got attacked by a machete, stick, bar, wielding group that just came out from behind the trees on an unlit rural road, 11pm Sat, we managed to drive off on our 110cc M/C home about 1k away, shaking I called the tourist police national number, Line busy, line busy, line busy, I then called the local police, who came out at 10am Next day!!!.They collected the dropped weapons. Not once did they talk to me or look at the damage to my M/C. It's a very long story, but it turned out they were a group of Cambo construction workers living in a camp near the incident, it was a case of mistaken identity, ( I was driving main beam on ) They were after 2 Thais that they had an altercation with earlier, Oh yeh they copped it too about 5min after us. Luckily both my wife and I got away without injury. The locals were Very supportive to us saying nothing had ever happened like this before in 20yrs. The local village 'security' guy used to follow us home for a while after that. It was the MAIN police station that sorted it out, and came to our house. I hate long posts Phew.
  8. That's for the disbelievers. This measure has been announced since years and always been laughed at. Seems they have made it work now? It's the first report that I come upon in the forum. The ticket should have been sent to the address of the owner as shown in the blue car registration book. Is that correctly updated? Obviously the DLT does not have the details. So try your luck at the police station.
  9. Possibly, but for all we know the PM just keeping up on his promises to certain people to repay them for helping him get elected in the first place and continue support, Who knows, one thing i have learned over the years, that in Thailand, is the land of everything is possible...
  10. 'The inexorable march of time, governed by the Earth's rotation,' this alone tells us it's not worth reading....Earth does not govern 'time' and it means even less to those who consider time as an illusion.
  11. That's what the do at Korat, think they somehow think final report will run out same time as your extension. Bugs me, everytime you can lose 10 days or so if you report early, but you can do your extension early and it is stamped on the due date.
  12. 'Youth gang violence in Pattaya escalates all over' - there, fixed the headline.
  13. the passport is only valid for 10 years from date of issue for travel to EU, so if travelling after that 10 years you have lucked out for EU travel, mine was issued in Aug 2014, but expires in May 2025
  14. Agree, it's all nonsense, there's no way the Thai tax department could ever find out your foreign income or tax it. If anyone asks me, I have 400kbht in the bank (as required by immigration) and no income, I live off my Thai wife.
  15. i just successfully logged in to my S.S. account using a VPN (tunnelbear).
  16. The "tell." The dude's "weak-heart" is in his neck. 🤔 Hummm.
  17. That is correct. I too hold PR. However whilst one cannot inherit land, a condo is different, as the land is effectively leased, But if the foreign ownership of the entire condo is full, one may not be able to transfer ownership after death of the Thai owner.
  18. Only if they were not dual citizens. Yes, if my wife weren't a dual citizen, her survivor pension off my Air Force pension would be primarily taxed in Thailand. But her US citizenship retains primary taxation rights by the US of her survivor pension. "Should you be reading the convention differently I suggest that you do a close reading of the relevant sections I posted earlier in this thread." Is that close enough?
  19. Around 15 years ago I bought a Buell, the bikes green book said I was Austrian not Australian. This crazy stuff happens often.
  20. Luxury hotel? There's only one charging more than 2000 baht.
  21. I believe that is incorrect, the new interpretation of the existing tax rule in a departmental instruction that does not require to be gazetted since it is not a new law. "As of 1 January B.E. 2567 (2024), the Revenue Department has enforced its department instruction P. 161/2566 to tax any Thai citizen or a foreigner with Thai residency, who receives an income within Thailand. Sources of income earned outside of Thailand are excluded from taxation". https://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-law/thailand-new-tax-on-foreign-income-an-overview/#:~:text=As of 1 January B.E.,are excluded from taxation%2C however.
  22. Unprecedented crisis for the Thai Police as Srettha baulks despite lawyer’s damning claims by James Morris and Son Nguyen On Thursday, crusading lawyer Sittra Biebangkerd (centre left) met with Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) deputy chief Police Major General Charoonkiat Pankaew (centre right). He handed him damning information relating to illegal online gambling corruption linked with senior police officers. Mr Sittra gave the police 30 days to act on the information. In turn, he promised there is a lot more to come. In the meantime, he has threatened to take the matter to the opposition parties if Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin continues in his refusal to act on what he claims is genuine evidence of widespread corruption within the police force. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1323569-unprecedented-crisis-for-the-thai-police-as-srettha-baulks-despite-lawyer’s-damning-claims/
  23. Really simple: drive the speed limit.
  24. Yeah right it's more anti-brexit propaganda from we pesky Rejoiners eh. Smugg, as Minister for Brexit benefits couldn't come up with one single such benefit. Oh hang on...."On day one of leaving EU food, clothing and footwear will immediately become cheaper". How did that work out? Little wonder that poll after poll shows that 65+% wish to rejoin EU.
  1. Load more activity