All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Oh the joys of flight. My number 1 observation once seated is to find where the kids are seated. I cannot stand spoilt brats making lots of noise. Babies crying comes a close second. Some time ago there was an idea to have a family/kids section on planes. Great idea. Make sure it's got a seperate sound proof wall too. I've been very lucky the last few years. Good quiet flights and courteous passengers. The way it should be.
  3. @Marcati Congratulations, and hope all goes well with the final process. I had my NIA interview and all documents were sent to MOI in 2020, so hopefully in 2rys time I will get lucky. I am planning to retire in 2026, so it is really worrying.
  4. Please show a link that offers some evidence of "October 7. Teenage girls gang raped beside the mutilated corpses of their murdered boyfriends." or any of the rest of your allegations.
  5. The people acquitted in this trial were not objecting to bogus asylum seekers being deported.
  6. I see it differently. From the 355 Million Civil Fraud Trial thread. Page 22. Many more.
  7. When it's one of their own..... What? When who is one of whose own? I doubt that there will be many New Zealanders in there nor will there be any police in there.
  8. Are those 'weights' real? Seem to be floating. Same as trump, can't believe anything the paymaster or his kin say.
  9. i love these 2 scenarios as well. 1 - good morning passengers we will start boarding flight f2....they can't even finish announcing it and the majority of people stand up and line up. 2 - plane lands the wheels stop and instantly most stand up grab their bag and literally try to get up the rows to get out. ahhh the door isn't even connected yet never mind open.
  10. I don't know how many Russians are fleeing. However, it does make sense to stay away from a situation where they could be scooped up, and sent to a meat grinder with inadequate equipment and training. I'd be doing the same.
  11. Then Israel should not impede an international forensic investigation, so that the IDF can be exhonorated.
  12. Moving back to Pattaya as my wife just died last week. Too many memories of looking after her here in Bangkok.
  13. So it went like this. My Thai wife was insistent we use an agent, so we did. I gave him all my documents (listed in my original post) and a lot of money. Next day he gave us a big stack (clipped together) of papers, with official stamp appointment. Couple of days later he took us to Phuket DLT, arriving about 7:45AM, and dropped us off. There were two lines, eventually we figured out the long one was for drop ins, and the shorter one for appointments. About 8AM lady comes out and sorts the lines, makes sure everyone was in their correct line (many were not) and arranged them so only one line (appointment line) occupied the walkway, the drop in line further back under shade structure. Some people got rearranged from near the front of their wrong line to near the end of their correct line. Inside there were two desks for incoming processing. Lady glanced at my paper stack and told me to proceed to next station. Short wait for my reaction speed and colors test. Then we got a number, about half hour wait until it was up. This lady inspected all my papers and original documents very carefully, before finally collecting the fees. Then another short wait for picture taking, and even shorter wait for both (car and motorcycle) my cards. Finished about 10AM. Taxi home. Using agent did make it very easy, but now that I've been through it once I think I can renew (in two years) on my own.
  14. People will be jealous given the hellish heatscape that is Bangkok and Thailand. I am enjoying the cool Melbourne weather. But when I go to Thailand in coming weeks I have 14 kg carry on rather than normally half of that which means 2 decent sized bags so saves me having to pick up bags later.
  15. My post was total sarcasm. Guess you don't follow the local media much. They constantly raid go-go bars, hostess clubs, and brothels in Thailand claiming they found no evidence of prostitution.
  16. yes as long as you have not had one since you last entered Thailand, excluding re-entry permit entry
  17. You are just ignorant of the law. The occupation of the West Bank is an ongoing war crime, particularly the settlements and the actions of the rapacious settlers.
  18. duck.com for searches. The only safe way to fly.
  19. And its possible, without having made no contributions in tax and national insurance, to return to the UK after a working career outside of it, and receive full benefit of that NHS. Todays taxes are to pay for today's healthcare, not tomorrow's.
  20. How about the ones who cannot possibly give up a nanosecond of posting on social media, after being told repeatedly by cabin staff to shut down their phone/tablet/ laptop during takeoff and landing.
  21. of course some of al gores claims have been shattered already...forgotten now...humorous in retrospect. https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/mar/02/facebook-posts/fact-checking-claims-al-gore-said-all-arctic-ice-w/
  22. Glad all were safe,One of the clearest days we have had in Pattaya for a long time
  23. There use to be a lot of kareoke joints on Chiang Mai land in Chiang Mai. (The area down Chang Khlan road was known as Chiang Mai land). Nothing but a group of rip off outfits that use to tempt unsuspecting tourists in and charge them like a wounded bull. Gogo girls out front, Bright lights etc Several people got beaten up when they queried the bill. It got really bad. Nasty places. Police closed several down but the reappeared a few months later. Unsure if they are still there. Don't know about the prostitution side of it, beers prices were high enough not to ask!
  24. The settlements, their establishment, their existence, is a war crime: https://www.lemonde.fr/en/international/article/2024/03/09/expanding-israeli-settlements-a-war-crime-according-to-the-un_6600051_4.html# https://www.amnestyusa.org/updates/lets-be-clear-israels-long-running-settlement-policy-constitutes-a-war-crime/
  1. Load more activity