All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. So....how come she was convicted in the first place? Today it isn't corruption....some time ago it was..... The NACC, what an auspicious body...almost sacred!
  3. 1000 baht a month ensures instant response with anything
  4. I understand your sentiment. But, refuse to cut ties. OK, Ok. I racked up like 6000 miles in our month. GPS and hot spot for kid really sucked my data.
  5. Of course don't go after the people who sell them.
  6. I recently extended my visa waiver entry by 30 days. Daughter came with me but the I.O. said she didn't need to, copy of birth certificate was sufficient. She also told me that when that extension expires I can apply for a second (60) day extension on the same basis. I was surprised, but she was adamant that was the case!
  7. Does anyone understand even a little bit, what the heck is going on in markets currently because I don't! S&P way over valued but pushing higher, despite the yield curve remaining inverted and bond yields touching 5% and inflation coming in hot!!! I am reminded of the phrase, "markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent". https://finance.yahoo.com/news/wall-street-humbled-fast-reversing-203427974.html
  8. Caused outrage? Because its a foreigner in a nice car? Thai drivers do this and worse every hour of every day
  9. Sorry Joe, but that is hearsay, a link to a credible source is what's needed.
  10. you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. a few violent incidents, but that's a lot of moolah.
  11. Over crowding of tourists in one hand, the other hand says no visa requirements for Russian tourist. ????? I could'nt make this s**t up.
  12. Bottled it Campaign Against Antisemitism has cancelled its planned counter-protest against a pro-Palestinian march through central London on Saturday. The group, led by Gideon Falter, had said it wanted to use the “walk together” initiative to support its view that the area around the planned pro-Palestinian march was not safe for Jewish people. But on Friday afternoon CAA announced that its event had been cancelled amid pressure from those within the Jewish community who feared it could backfire. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/apr/26/campaign-against-antisemitism-cancels-counter-protest-london-pro-palestinian-march
  13. Apart from no indicator....the car is well past the centerline and into the turn.....Motcy speeding and not looking....his/her fault because they were stupid. But hey....never let a chance go by when an expat can be blamed!
  14. Bangkok Revamps Sidewalk Standards for Better Pedestrian Access File photo for reference only The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has rolled out new footpath standards aimed at improving the pedestrian experience. To achieve this, the BMA plans to expand the city's footpath network by adding 16 new routes. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1326042-bangkok-revamps-sidewalk-standards-for-better-pedestrian-access/
  15. The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has rolled out new footpath standards aimed at improving the pedestrian experience. To achieve this, the BMA plans to expand the city's footpath network by adding 16 new routes. Each sidewalk will be designed uniquely, in line with its neighborhood's specific identity, and will be robust enough to endure usual wear and tear. City Hall spokesperson, Ekwaranyu Amrapal, and Pathumwan District chief inspected some of these sidewalks on Ratchadamri and Phloen Chit Roads, both of which are part of the initial implementation of the new standards. They also checked the new designs of drainage covers, which will reflect the local identity of each area. The architectural layout of the sidewalks will be with a goal of ensuring a seamless interaction between the entrances and exits of adjacent buildings and the sidewalks. This step will guarantee easier and safer access for pedestrians. In the first phase of this project, 1,000 kilometers of footpaths will be renovated using three approaches: creation of entirely new sidewalks, urgent repairs of damaged spots, and the introduction of area-specific innovations. As of now, 16 routes are being remodeled according to these new standards, including Ratchadamri, Phloen Chit, and Udomsuk Roads. Top File photo for reference only -- 2024-04-27 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  16. not for me to check what can be carried where and on what airlines your statement also makes no sense checked luggage,...... coming through security....... which is it? if checked he would not take his luggage "coming through security" till he gets to destination so i will just ignore any more of your comments all i can say is my old man has brought all sorts or tools through as have many other people i know i think i will just trust Ai response more than a rando AN member
  17. I agree with you and it's almost as though the reporters ' get off ' on the fact it is a foreign driver. Xenophobia is well and truly at work here. We see daily Thais fleeing the scene of fatal accidents and that includes bus drivers, who have been under the influence of drink or drugs. A great deal of them drive unroadworthy vehicles and are uninsured. Those incidents are not newsworthy but put a foreigner into the mix, and the "outrage by netizens" is just for good measure. Plenty of them need to focus on obtaining the necessary driving skills and competency tests before taking to the roads, instead of playing ' Let's blame foreigners for all our woes '
  18. I am stating a fact. Perhaps you don't understand the basic science well enough. https://images.app.goo.gl/xrYFkRr3YDCKDbbm6 Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide is increasing, and warming the planet.
  19. I know of 2 in Pattaya who had to pay back the 'over claimed' UK pension when the Gov found out where they lived
  20. looks to me as the motorcyclist fault>>as the car was well into his turn< ( cant tell if turn single was on) BUT they obviously cared more about the car than him< but thats not a crime just bad form
  21. About time ... a very 'slow' work in progress. Lot's of Thais waiting for E-trucks to hit the market here for purchase. Will be a major game changer when all ready to replace or upgrade their next truck.
  22. I don't think you need to be concerned. It's more like a skit for the comedy club than a potential coup IMO. the project seeks to recruit tens of thousands of conservatives to Washington, D.C. gives it away as a loony tune wet dream of ultra conservative nutters. However some of it I'd actually like to see happen, eg The plan proposes slashing U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) funding, dismantling the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security, gutting environmental and climate change regulations to favor fossil fuel production, and eliminating the cabinet Departments of Education and Commerce. IMO the DOJ has proven itself unfit for purpose, the FBI is incompetent ( Waco anyone ) and didn't everyone hate the DHS when it was set up? Climate change is IMO a cover for fundamentally changing society for the worse, imposing more taxes for BS and does nothing to eliminate the real causes of world problems which are that there are just too many humans on the planet. I love fossil fuel. It has freed me from the soul destroying life of physical work that would have seen me dead at 40, given me the ability to drive from one end of the country to another in comfort, and to fly to another country to see sunsets on a tropical beach with a dusky maiden for company. Education is a State prerogative and IMO the commerce department works for the 1%. I'd not stop at those. I'd gut the entire federal bureaucracy, and the country would be the better for it, IMO.
  1. Load more activity