All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Your compassion for human suffering is touching. MAGA? More like a never-Trumper. Not a fan of Biden, either, apparently. From the T-shirt, he looks like a Bernie fan, but hard to tell for sure. Still, "Eat the Rich" is pretty revealing. And though I disagree with the guy's politics, I still feel for him and the family that's probably grieving.
  3. Why? Christians have shed a lot of blood in the middle east especially during the crusades when it was sanctified by the pope. Buddhists and Hindus don't try converting others so no chance there. There has always been violence in the middle east since the middle ages, why should it stop now?
  4. A post in which the quoted content had been altered and replies contravening our Community Standards have been removed: 28. You will not make changes to messages quoted from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. Do not shorten any post in a way that alters the context of the original post. Do not change the formatting of the post you are quoting.
  5. No idea what you mean by 'English household registration book'. There are Blue and Yellow house books, both with entries written in Thai.
  6. I once played golf with an American guest who made the mistake of wearing a white polo shirt in summer, his back was covered with flies. Portsea Golf Club is one of my favorite courses.
  7. Section 13 of the Begging Control Act: illegally begging. The penalty is imprisonment of up to one month or a fine of up to 10,000 baht. ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー A funny law. If they have B10000- in their pocket, they probably won't do begging in the street. In some countries, if the convicts can't pay their fine, they can alternatively work in the prison factory(until they can save up to the amount they owe). Is it the case in Thailand as well? Anyone knows about it, please make a post.
  8. I have my eye on Tucson AZ as plan B... A nice liberal city with good infrastructure and health care... a number of 55+ communities... The only drawback I see is the summers are brutal hot... But that can be a nice time to travel off season to Mexico (I've lived in Aijijicon Lake Chapala).... Check out https://www.mhvillage.com
  9. The old saying, "Go where you are treated with respect and appreciation" comes to mind. When this country continues to insult the paying tourists and give extra days to those who do not contribute as much, what did they expect? Vote with your wallet.
  10. That is not the point, the Jew was not safe the police threatened to arrest......do Jews have to join these hate marches to feel safe now, you must know that is total nonsense and a poor attempt at deflection!
  11. Interesting that you should mention Straw Dogs. Straw Dogs (1971) is still Sam Peckinpah's all-time Masterpiece. Straw Dogs was filmed in some amazing locations. Also, the rape scene was shortened and lengthened several times, principally due to the fact that it was seen as important to ensure that the audience knew that Amy was in no-way enjoying it. If some might not know what it is like to NOT be welcomed in a place like the one you mention, the Straw Dogs scene you refer to is most likely this one (the pub scene): One of the greatest films of that generation. The film, at the time, did not get proper credit from critics of the NYT, and other rags. Now, in hindsight, even those critics must admit just how great Peckinpah's film truly was. It was his masterpiece.
  12. The issue of a Yellow book is nothing to do with Immigration. An Amphoe will only issue a yellow book if you have long term residency, such as a one-year extension of temporary stay. Hotels and guest houses are not considered 'permanent' places of residence, and yellow books wouldn't be issued for such addresses.
  13. Nonsense, Iran has no desire to use nuclear weapons. They have them in defence as there are countries in the world that want their oil and have attacked their neighbours for theirs unjustly quite recently. Americans. like you conveniently forget the unjust war and slaughter of 100's of thousands of innocent people in Iraq.
  14. If there was a low cost method provided to small rice growers to rid the ground of rice straw that inhibits ploughing for next crop they would most likely be willing to use it.
  15. Its still 200k at vimut hospital, nice newish place not far from Vic Monument
  16. He was accused of being in breach of the peace, why were the protestors not also accused of that?
  17. for the first, even the revenue does TILL NOW know the end rules😃😃😃😃😃 for the second, this is actual one of the best info
  18. We do say don't come the raw prawn with me.
  19. You guys can do what you want, of course. But I can tell you as someone who used to live on tips, we remember the Stiffs.
  20. You are not being honest there . The bottom left hand side photo is from 2020 and is of "J e w s from the "Neturei Karta" movement participate in a solidarity stand in Hebron with the Palestinian detainee Maher Al-Akhras, who has been on hunger strike in the Israeli occupation prisons for the 87th day. Neturei karta, or 'the city guards', is a group of j e w s living in Jerusalem who support a Palestinian state and do not recognize "Israel" https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/israel-news/1912319/neturei-karta-participate-in-parade-supporting-palestinian-prisoner-and-suspected-terrorist-photos.html
  21. How many Brits have sunk their life savings into a bar on the Costas, Majorca, Ibiza and the Canaries after spending holidays there most having know knowledge of how to run a business never mind a bar and lost everything.
  1. Load more activity