BANGKOK 24 April 2019 03:45

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I thought we were poor.. stale on the ball and lacked penetration.. some times ali just needs a jolt .. but the off tbe cuff almost balletic stuff suppose lets him of ,,,,JUST. V disciplined by brighton, at what they did they were v good ..and almost deserved a point..borin shit overall suppose we deserved just for endevour was only gonna by won by a special moment.
  3. I don't agree.There are good reasons to go ahead even realizing what the senate Quislings will do. Sometimes what seems the safe thing to do is actually the stupidest. https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/04/gop-staffer-advocates-trumps-impeachment/587785/ Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  4. I am recovering right now from an ankle rolled running about 10 days ago. I did apply Voltaren regularly the first few days but my sense is an ibuprofen 400 daily helped more. I would stay away from diclofenac if possible, stuff's hell on the stomach. Meloxicam (Mobic tablets) are very good for arthritic inflammation - again handle with care.
  5. Hey England can you just lose Donald and do all of us a favor?anyway very sorry you are subjected to this mans visit hopefully he is just a temp
  6. I have to admit moving anywhere at 90 without any support structure is problematic. But what I do think you are increasingly seeing among the long stay expats is what I like to think of as 'Thailand Fatigue' You suspend disbelief when you first live there, for lots of the craziness, the bureaucratic crap, then it's one last thing that tips you over the edge, especially the older you get That last straw can be many many things for different people, but I've seen it more than once
  7. There are many good reasons that a person might not recommend Thailand to future retired expats but they still do stay here. I don't see a contradiction at all. Once you're settled hear it can be very difficult to leave especially if you've been here for many years. But that doesn't mean all such people would suggest the same path to others considering the changed situation here. Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  8. New e-Tree app enables online registration for trade in teak, rosewood trees grown on private land By The Nation Forbidden trees like teak and rosewood grown on private plots can now be registered online for trade purposes, thanks to a new application that became available to the public on Monday. Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1096701-new-e-tree-app-enables-online-registration-for-trade-in-teak-rosewood-trees-grown-on-private-land/
  9. New e-Tree app enables online registration for trade in teak, rosewood trees grown on private land By The Nation Forbidden trees like teak and rosewood grown on private plots can now be registered online for trade purposes, thanks to a new application that became available to the public on Monday. The Royal Forestry Department (RFD) has introduced the e-Tree app, which will allow owners of trees once prohibited for trading under dated forest law to register trees grown on their land, so that they can put them on sale from now on. Trees such as teak and rosewood, among several others, were previously prohibited from being felled and traded in any circumstances without permission from the department, in order to prevent the “laundering” of trees that grow naturally in state forests. However, the process was criticised for being too complicated and out of date, thus impeding the development of timber management around the country. The aged law was therefore amended under the military-led government as part of timber supply-chain reform. Thailand has been looking to such reform in the hope that it could help improve the whole timber management system to a higher standard, and especially in line with international standards, including the European Union-introduced FLEGT (Forest Law Enforcement Governance and Trade) framework. The Kingdom is currently in negotiations about joining the FLEGT framework. The law revision was published in the Royal Gazette on April 16, resulting in the amendment coming into effect. RFD chief Athapol Charoenshunsa said the new app would benefit tree owners, while the state would gain a large amount data about tree stocks and timber in the country, facilitating good governance in timber management from now on. He invited tree owners nationwide to access the app and register their stocks. An emergency number is also available at 1310, extension 3, in case owners need to consult officials about registration or any legal complications, he added. Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30368240 -- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-24
  10. The dems won’t be so foolish to impeach without some hope of success in the senate but with the republicans so terrified of Donald it won’t happen but they will continue to investigat Donald and his family exposing more and more of his sketchy business dealings and don’t worry there are plenty of issues to discuss around the dinner table Donald has provided a rich smorgasbord of failed policy’s
  11. You don't literally think Michelle Obama is a ladyboy, right?Let's get fact based here. She:s a woman. At the time she married Barack it would not have been possible for them to be legally married if she was a man. Are you now demanding the original marriage certificate? You said you don't like "trump" much. That's kind of hard to believe. Calling Michelle Obama a ladyboy is exactly the kind of thing a core "trump" fan would say. Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  12. That is just a formality... It is No10 and FO who really decide, they hide behind the so called "State Visit Committee"
  13. UPDATE: Khon Kaen school building under scrutiny after wall collapse By KRITMET LOHO THE NATION Concrete debris is scattered over the ground floor of a private school building in Muang Khon Kaen, following a partial collapse during Monday afternoon’s storm that led to a four-year-old pupil’s death. A FOUR-YEAR-OLD girl was killed when the wall of a school building collapsed during heavy rains and strong winds in Khon Kaen province on Monday. Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1096656-school’s-construction-does-not-match-approved-plan-where-young-girl-killed-by-collapsed-wall-says-governor/?do=findComment&comment=14072698
  14. Yes, but he was a perpetrator as well. Her reaction may well be self defence
  15. Why didn't they offer the poor critter in the photo a spliff instead of needling him up .. I mean he'll be on the skag next once hypo's get involved ..
  16. Khon Kaen school building under scrutiny after wall collapse By KRITMET LOHO THE NATION Concrete debris is scattered over the ground floor of a private school building in Muang Khon Kaen, following a partial collapse during Monday afternoon’s storm that led to a four-year-old pupil’s death. A FOUR-YEAR-OLD girl was killed when the wall of a school building collapsed during heavy rains and strong winds in Khon Kaen province on Monday. According to an initial investigation, the collapse may be linked to modification of the building’s construction plan. Khon Kaen Governor Somsak Jangtrakul yesterday morning led police and related officials to inspect the private school building in Tambon Ban Ped of Muang district, where the four-year-old girl had died. Somsak revealed that an initial survey found the building construction failed to precisely follow the approved plan. During the storm at around 4pm on Monday, three kindergartners were waiting for their parents in the company of some teachers at an open atrium in the three-storey building. A section from the top of the concrete wall suddenly fell on them from an eight-metre height, resulting in the death of the four-year-old while and two pupils and two adults, including the deceased girl’s father, suffered injuries. An inspection of the sealed scene, which still had debris on its floor, found the building’s construction had deviated from the approved plan, said Somsak. “The part where the concrete wall and ceiling fell should have been a solid wall according to the plan, but it was installed with glass windows,” he said, adding a team from the Public Works and Town and Country Planning Office would later conduct a detailed inspection of the building. In order to prevent a recurrence of the tragedy, Somsak said he would also have the provincial education office suspended classes at the school, and the damaged building would be closed for any use. He would also ask the provincial education office to have all schools check the structural stability of their buildings as a safety precaution. Thanyawalai Panna, who had obtained the licence for the school, apologised on behalf of the school for the tragedy and said she was saddened by what had happened. She said the school would take responsibility for the families of the deceased and the wounded. However, she insisted that the school building’s construction was according to the original plan. “It was the first rainfall that Khon Kaen people had long waited for, but I lost my little girl forever that day,” said Paisal Surasa, 37, the father of Suchada. He himself damaged a left arm bone from the incident. At his daughter’s funeral at Wat Klang yesterday, Paisal recalled that he had gone to pick up Suchada at the school, where she had just start studying two weeks ago. However, heavy rains and gusty winds prompted them to seek shelter in the building when the wall suddenly collapsed on them. “It happened so fast. We were walking to the other side of hall when it all went black for a few moments as I felt something crashing down on me and I fell. I opened my eyes and saw my daughter crushed under debris,” the grief-stricken father said. Paisal’s wife was still in shock. The girl was her parents’ only child. Khon Kaen Governor Somsak attended the girl’s funeral and offered a wreath while the Office of the Private Education Commission representative offered some initial financial aid to the family. The girl’s cremation ceremony will be held on Friday. Ban Ped superintendent Pol Colonel Prawit Toha said police had initially interviewed the school executives but had not yet filed any charges against anyone pending a detailed building inspection. There were also various points to cover, he said, including whether the building design met engineering standards, and whether the building’s construction was legal. Police would obtain the plan from Tambon Ban Ped Municipality to compare with the school building owner’s plan to see if there were any discrepancies, he said. Construction of the building began in 2013 and was completed the following year and opened for operations. There were 40 teachers and staff and nearly 400 students from pre-school level to Prathom 4. Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30368237 -- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-24
  17. You're now playing games and conflating irrelevant anecdotes from random posts and not addressing the larger picture. Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  18. As I recall from your previous post...you had the resources to meet immigrations requirements...but balked at losing control over the 800,000 baht... I fear you have made a poor decision moving to another country at your age...without friends or family support...what could possibly go wrong?
  19. Cannabinoid extract ‘works for cancer’ By PRATCH RUJIVANAROM THE NATION A Thai medical researcher at the Rangsit University displays marijuana extract in a laboratory of the Medicinal Cannabis Research Centre, inside the Rangsit University (RSU) in Bangkok yesterday. // EPA-EFE PHOTO Rangsit University researchers ready to test potential lung-cancer treatment with clinical trials on Humans. A RANGSIT University research team has revealed that its studies had shown a cannabinoid extract could help treat lung cancer. Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1096700-cannabinoid-extract-‘works-for-cancer’/
  20. Not in ovens just in planes to a better place or so they keep telling us. And never forget it wasnt about the money because they all have it. It was about the smiles or having to pay double in a national park or some other nonsense
  21. Cannabinoid extract ‘works for cancer’ By PRATCH RUJIVANAROM THE NATION A Thai medical researcher at the Rangsit University displays marijuana extract in a laboratory of the Medicinal Cannabis Research Centre, inside the Rangsit University (RSU) in Bangkok yesterday. // EPA-EFE PHOTO Rangsit University researchers ready to test potential lung-cancer treatment with clinical trials on Humans. A RANGSIT University research team has revealed that its studies had shown a cannabinoid extract could help treat lung cancer. Asst Professor Surang Leelawat, director of the newly founded Medical Cannabis Research Institute of the College of Pharmacy at Rangsit University, revealed the breakthrough at a press conference at the opening ceremony of the institute yesterday. Surang said her team of researchers had found that tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabinol (CBN), which are extracted from cannabis, can stop the growth of lung cancer cells in mice and thus offer the promise of becoming new anti-lung-cancer agents in humans. Surang said this was another step forward in finding an effective treatment that could save many lives, as lung cancer is one of the deadliest cancers and there was no effective way yet to treat this fatal disease. “Our clinical trials in the laboratory and on animals of the lung-cancer treatment proficiency of three major cannabinoid compounds – THC, CBD [Cannibidiol], and CBN – showed that THC and CBN can effectively deter cancer growth, confirming the potential of using cannabis to treat lung cancer in humans,” she said. “Even though it is too early to claim that cannabis can cure cancer, this promising research result will be developed further through a phase of clinical trials in humans. We hope that we will find an effective treatment for lung cancer in the near future.” A Thai medical researcher at the Rangsit University displays marijuana extract for use in marijuana-based medicines at a laboratory of the Medicinal Cannabis Research Centre, inside the Rangsit University (RSU) in Bangkok, Thailand, 23 April 2019. // EPA-EFE PHOTO Rangsit University rector Arthit Ourairat praised the major breakthrough as another proof of the usefulness of cannabis for medical treatment, underlining the university’s pursuit of further medical cannabis research and development efforts by setting up a new institute. Arthit said the university had already contacted some major hospitals to work together for human trials in the development of cannabinoid medicine for treating lung cancer. “As Rangsit University has opened the Medical Cannabis Research Institute to be a focal institution to develop medicines and new medical treatment techniques from cannabis, we are not only focusing on developing conventional cannabinoid medicines, but also improving the use of medical cannabis in Thai traditional medicine and developing other medical products from cannabis as well,” he said. He revealed that Rangsit University had already obtained official permission to grow cannabis and to conduct research on medical cannabis. The university has invested more than Bt40 million on procuring high-tech medical research equipment for the laboratory at the new research institute, and has built its own small closed-system cannabis farm to provide raw material for the medical cannabis research. “We are the pioneering academic institute on medical cannabis research and development in Thailand. We started the first research effort on the medical properties of cannabis three years ago, so we have great potential to lead the mission to manufacture Thailand’s own efficient and safe cannabinoid medical products,” he said. “With the opening of the new medical cannabis research institute, we can enhance our research efforts by pooling the expertise of all related colleges and faculties in our university and can greatly improve our progress to find better healthcare for all Thai citizens from medical cannabis.” Famira Madaka, a Medical Cannabis Research Institute researcher, revealed that right now the institute has already created a technique to extract pure cannabinoid compounds – THC, CBD, and CBN – from cannabis, which will be used to develop new medicines. The institute also has already successfully developed four medical cannabis products – cannabis wafer tablets, traditional Thai Phrasa-Kancha recipe, cannabis oil and CBN oramucosal spray – which will be ready for commercial sale soon. Meanwhile, Government Pharmaceutical Organisation (GPO) chairman Dr Sopon Mekthon disclosed that the cannabis plants in the GPO’s medical cannabis research and development farm will be ready for harvest soon, allowing the agency to start the process to extract cannabis oil within this July. Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30368232 -- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-24
  22. now I can’t use my Norwegian cars... What are the makes and models of your Norwegian cars?
  23. kept alive well it is in a critical condition,maybe the £350 million a week will keep it alive
  24. Could anything so simple...be made more complicated?...
  25. Royal plaques, Seal of State ready for King’s coronation By The Nation Officials work on the inscription of two royal golden plaques and the engraving of the Royal Seal of State at the Emerald Buddha Temple yesterday. A HISTORIC royal ceremony took place at the Emerald Buddha Temple yesterday for the inscription of two royal golden plaques and the engraving of the Royal Seal of State. Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1075563-thai-king-to-be-crowned-in-coronation-ceremonies-may-4-6-palace/?do=findComment&comment=14072687
  1. Load more activity