All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. No, I wasn't 'misremebering' anything. The rule did exist but as has been established in posts after mine, it was done away with.
  3. Have cleaned the topic up somewhat and tidied up the worst of the personal attacks. Hopefully we can return to more civil conversation now.
  4. By the way.... I forgot to mention in the OP.... a. Many years ago, I began using Linux, instead of Windows OS, and it was good. b. Then, I really do not know what happened to me...MAYBE BRAIN FOG...or something....but... c. Somehow, I became lulled into using Windows OS. d. But, now, I am back with a vengeance! I am back to Linux, and just the way I like it. e. I don't know whether or not you might be old enough to recall, but....it once was Microsoft policy to ENCOURAGE pirating of its OS, and other MS software, in China, and elsewhere in China, in order to gain MARKETSHARE...... Those were the days..... f. But now, the worm, MS, has changed. And now, the worm, especially beginning now, with Win-11, has changed its policy, and now we Gots to Pay and Pay.... g. BUT, not ME Babe! I will NOT Pay and Pay for a shtty OS...when...I can get something just as good, from openSUSE..... h. The new model for MS is that EVERYBODY gots to PAY and PAY..... (THINK SUBSCRIPTIONS, FOLKS)...... i. I am getting off this MS Bandwagon. I suggest that you do the same. The more people who get off this wagon to hell.....the better for every person on this Planet. And, the colored girls go..... Doo Dee Doo.....! j. Did I just mention that....I have been using Linux for about 24 years? So, why did I switch to Windows, about 5 years ago? I think it was because, a few years ago, I came to Thailand and bought a Windows computer.... But now..... I'M BACK! I will NEVER go back, never again. k. Take a look at this new Budget Comp of mine...... Does it say WINDOWS? l. The more you use Linux, the more you love it...and..... HAVE A LOT OF FUN m. I just got to figure out how to use the LINE app, is all, with the same functionality available on a Windows computer.... So....any thoughts? NEVER GOING BACK to Windows Trash Desktop. NEVER..... Hope you will leave that OS, which represents nothing more than OPIUM FOR THE MASSES..... Trust Me.....and regards,..... Gamma NOTE: Take a walk on the WILD SIDE with openSUSE..... Thumbs UP for SUSE! The Panzer Heads make a GREAT Product! Just as TOM WOLFE once did say!!!!!
  5. Whilst I agree that using a Thai Limited Company to own land is against the law if the business is not actually trading and/or has no reason to own land, your statement is incorrect. If the company is correctly structured and the Thai shareholders shares don't include voting rights, they cannot get rid of the foreign shareholding/directorship. The Thai shareholders though, may have to prove where they got the money from to buy the shares and that they bought them for investment purposes. Your wife's granny might have a problem claiming she's a legitimate investor. There are several types of business where a company with foreign shareholding can own land legally - a property development/investment business for example. A shophouse, used for a business that a foreigner is legally allowed to be involved in should also be OK. However, I doubt that a Thai court would be convinced that a company owning just one piece of land/house and renting that out to a director was a legitimate property investment business. It all hangs on that word - circumvention. They may exist but I'm yet to see an example of a Thai Limited Company with foreign control owning a piece of land legally when we are talking about single plots containing just one house. Most seem to be fake companies, submitting accounts and paying a little tax - as such I'm sure that each one of them is at risk if they are investigated. What I find unfair, if its true, is that when such 'fake' companies are discovered, is that the penalty is forfeiture. Deeming the ownership contravenes the Thai land laws and ordering the sale of the property would be a much fairer way of dealing with the matter. Personally, I find the Thai land laws archaic and xenophobic, they cause lots of problems for married couples and should be reformed. I don't see why a foreigner married to a Thai can't own property but have to sell it within a set time should they divorce - much like the rules on what happens when a Thai wife dies and wills a property to a foreign husband.
  6. That's the jury part of the vote. Olly got some jury votes but on the global public vote he got nothing. You can vote up to 20 times. He got some public votes of course but in no country were there enough to add up to even one point based on the system used (watch video). So based on the rules, he indeed got zero votes. In my view, the drama of the voting system for the grand final is one the best parts of the Eurovision entertainment, if not the best. I don't feel like watching it again but I think that Olly was the ONLY entrant to get zero on the global public vote this year. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  7. I guess nobody knows about phobia, some people don't like spiders or heights or something else. My phobia is a bit different. I had 2 broken ankles in matter of years and now I am afraid of steps or escalators I won't go to any shopping centre which has no lift. Yes, I know I am getting old but even getting out of a car is hard for me. So, what to do? I know it is mentally because I can walk OK but getting tired of long walks (Swampy)So what is your opinion?
  8. I did not know that, thanks. I miss the old days when we (UK) were guaranteed 10 points each from Greece and Cyprus. I guess we could thank Prince Philip for that (RIP you old codger - my favourite royal).
  9. Having a problem with the calendar? Covid wasn't even on the radar until December of 2019, and then only barely. Trump made that statement in February of 2017. Almost 3 years before Covid. He had a House and Senate majority. Yet he offered no plan. Just promised one.
  10. Yes, I agree. I think the even more important aspect is that not all people develop fast to the same level. Some 16-yo are more developed/mature than 20-yo or even 24-yo. I think that is maybe also a point for this discussion. Some of us would start a relationship with some <18 girls. But at least for me, or my younger self, I wouldn't start a relationship with anybody, only because they are young. Over the last 20 years in Thailand, I met only a few <18 who I would have considered as gf. All were old enough to know what they were doing.
  11. As I stated before. Due to Covid which was the number 1 issue not only for the USA but the entire world. COVID was unprecedented. NO ONE had the perfect answer at the time. A lot of trial and error. Many issues were put on the back burner. Now it’s easy to look back. Hindsight.
  12. Oh look....an active footy thread....well I never! Utd are heading for five more years of misery and I can tell you we're all absolutely loving it!!
  13. Ride a good few times a day.. if one of the 'black beltchers' is in front I drop back.. if safe to do so of course.. I am also quite rural.. and the local driving habits are erm ... interesting..
  14. I guess you don't ride MB too often, as get behind a few ICEV, whether properly maintained or not, especially if a few are diesel, and you'll want a mask on. Though one better than what most wear. Or stand at a busy intersection or simply walking next to a busy street at Krung Thep, and it can get a bit nauseating. Why we live kind of rural ...
  15. ok, clearly an AI article, (and awfully written to boot) the question is, why isn't it credited as such? come on webfact, reveal who has written material your cut and paste here.
  16. Fascinating to watch. The innocence and clean cut performances back in the day. Love it! Maybe they'd have got 1st place if they had worn leather chaps? I blame Bucks Fizz for the decline in standards, after their skirt whipping off antics...
  17. You really do live in an alternative universe. Here's a promise he made to insurance executives on February 27, 2017. That's just a little over 1 month into his first term. "We have a plan that's going to be fantastic," said Trump. "A very competitive plan, costs will come down, health care will go up very substantially. People will like it a lot." "It's going to be special. I think you're going to like what you hear," Trump told the insurance executives. https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/trump-meets-insurance-execs-obamacare-repeal-n726121 And he tried to get rid of Obamacare without offering a concrete plan in its place.
  18. Today
  19. Nope...it's rarely bad enough...it's sheepie syndrome...
  1. Load more activity