BANGKOK 20 April 2019 15:45

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. What no I was able to retire early at age 45 years old with a pension of well over $5,000 USD a month including my disability pension by working as a grocery store clerk for 21 years, LMAO . Oh no I earned all that by working at Walmart for 21 years LMAO .
  3. My post earlier was a play on words regarding the OPs's misprint: 'Probably a maeng da." As well as being an insect, it's also Thai slang for a pimp - as in someone who lives off the host by bloodsucking. It occurred to me owing to the title of the post" Can I trust her?"
  4. We applied just before Songkran the first time, the VFS Office was very busy, we had too wait an hour after the appointment time,it took over 3 weeks for the Passport to be returned, last time nearly 2 weeks, it depends how many applications they are dealing with as well.
  5. Statiscally counted, the same. Foreigners in Thailand 1 on 27 Foreigners (except the Lao, Birma, Cambodians) 1 on 88 If two foreigners visit the Tops or Officemate and 100 Thais, then statiscally seen more foreigners then Thais. These numbers are calculated from roughly estimate numbers. 69 million people Thailand (2017) , 2.58mil foreigners of which 1.8mil from neighbouring countries. In Thailand, most customers are.. Thai If memory serves me right it gives 5-50% discount on picked items and some stores gives 7% discount (in form of tax reduction) on where normally an passport need to be shown, this card does it automatic. And the card for expatirates/foreigners discount came with a book with coupons I do remember. For the points, you are right, both cards the same. I, like do you as you said, do have the Thai version of the 1card, for me they only gave me when I told I have a 13digits ID number. Rgds,
  6. It is little more than a prank for goodness sakes. If something the size of an elaborate tree house is a threat to Thai security, the country needs new military leadership.
  7. yes, that is the other side of this catch 22 fessup, the biker might just be so used to ignore signals since they are abused so often, that he didnt even see it as a hazard. ultimately it depend who was positioned on that right lane first, that had the right of way. i also wonder how much in advance the mrs flipped on the signal, did she give an advanced warning 10+ sec prior to turn or did she more or less synchronize it with actually crossing ? theres a big difference between the two modus of operandi, a signal is of no use if the intended recipient is just a couple of meters away
  8. Of course you're right, my wife's an idiot. Considering the exchage rates at the moment, the last batch she bought would be her last one.
  9. The Yup, He wasn't suppose to win! The billionaire outsider that even minorities,celebrities liked, while at the same time many in MSM called arrogant each time he floated his opinions of his political aspirations during the years. A populist who dared to take on Dodge City(The swamp)! Something tells me the left's boogeyman is not quite finished blowin Dodge,he just wasted almost 3 years fighting it,almost to the point of obstructing the hoax! No collusion,No conspiracy and no obstruction! There is much much more of the swamp to expose now that the Mueller hoax has finished ! Stay tuned
  10. I already pay more than 10k B every month for tax and they still want to tax my savings. Another reason I should park all my money overseas.
  11. If it is floating, why is it not treated the same as a boat that has dropped anchor, which are everywhere?
  12. Well the upsets continue with Freo beating GWS. Gazman will be a happy man The Sainters are 7 goals up against Melbourne. Either Chooka or Alex will be happy in about 30 minutes.
  13. So if i'm there with my boat i could also get entered, blacklisted, life in jail and all the other nice things Thai law will do to you? Do thai got nothing else to do???
  14. Yesterday I arrived at CM immigration about 1:30 PM. Got off my motorcy and started the phone timer. 1 minute and 33 seconds later I was back on the bike and going home with 90-day report finished. Great job CM Immigration! Also, the only paperwork immigration wanted was the TM.47 and passport. Did not need or want copies of passport pages or other forms.
  15. Hi All. I've had trouble finding information on the importation of gifts to Thailand. I understand a travelor is allowed to bring personal items to the value of 80,000 but I can't find any information on the importation of gifts. Are travelors allowed to bring gifts into the country? If yes is there duty surrounding such gifts and how does one go about it without getting into trouble with Thai Customs? I'm thinking perfume, small low cost items etc. For example, for the farm, I was hoping to bring a tree lopper, valued at about AUS$27 (fits into travel case). Many thanks R
  16. How long have you lived in Thailand? You obviously have not read Thaivisa much.
  17. The first piece of land you own here is tax exempt if it is your main residence. If you own more land you pay tax on it.
  18. Jimmy is on holiday in Scotland, think he is back next week.
  19. We will be discussing this for many years to come I believe-unless those responsible for checks and balances give up, but DT has made many more enemies than friends, and he’s not used to dealing with rules or those more powerful than him. If he had agreed to cooperate with the investigations, of which there will be even more now, it would have all passed https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/18/us/politics/mueller-report-pdf-takeaways.html
  20. On my android tablet I have had that happen on some adverts. Touching the back button on it works to get back to the forum main page.
  21. As it wont cost much I would ground it. A set of regulations might say if its not part of an electrical installation it does not require grounding. Kitchen sink for example. Then there's the case where a protruding bolt touched a faulty refrigerator and put a steel frame up at 220V.
  1. Load more activity