All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. "Dagger One to Eagle's Nest. Beta provider spotted."
  3. Sadly it's happened. PLEASE EVERYONE READ. I was asked to assist a foreigner who was involved in an accident between the car he was driving and a Thai motorbike rider. Although the foreigner was adamant he was in the right the Police saw it another way (I make no comment). The bike rider was taken to hospital by ambulance. The car had insurance so the insurance company were called. The foreigner produced his licence and the rental companies rental contract. The representative of the insurance company asked the foreigner was he renting the car? He confirmed this was right. The insurance company stated the car was not covered for rental and would not admit liability. The foreigner was taken to the police station and held for 12 hours overnight in a cell. I was asked today to assist and translate as I am fluent in Thai and English. After much discussion between the bike ridings family, police and foreigner. The foreigner was released only when he paid 40,000 baht for the bike, 30,000 baht hospital bills and was ordered to pay the bikers loss of income as he could not work as he had broken limbs 35,000 baht. Total 105,000 baht. The foreigner has to return to the police station soon , we all know what that means !!! Could have been avoided simply by demanding to see and inspect the cars insurance policy before starting to drive the rental car. THE ONLY INSURANCE FOR RENTING A CAR IS TYPE 120. Source: Lucy Carr https://www.facebook.com/lucy.carr.7712
  4. 20% is still a far cry from the 97-98% market share Chinese EVs have in Thailand. I assume the Chinese brands that are available in Europe is not the brand zoo we see here in Thailand. The few Chinese brands that can stand the test of time against European πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ί consumer protection rights, would be the right choice of car, also here in Thailand.
  5. People can figure things out for themselves. Unless they're desperately delusional & arrogant EVangelists.
  6. If you travel to your home country, make sure your travel insurance covers that. Most travel insurances don't cover the home country of their policy holders.
  7. There is nothing wrong with professional. Pay them their hourly or daily rate and all is fine. 20 million should be good for 20 years. I guess for such long-term rental he should also get a substantial discount.
  8. How clever! Just revealing your true character for all to see. Plenty of vids on YouTube showing EVs lined up to charge. Wake up, you're living in denial.
  9. Oops should have read the OP more carefully.
  10. Your correct in your thinking and position although in this culture their thinking is terrible screwed in that area and you will be on the wrong side of that. Helping to support an aging parent is one thing and I'm all for it but not to resolve past debts and bad spending habits doesn't fall into that category.
  11. Hi guys, my father is moving from Australia to Thailand and is applying for the 90 day O visa from the Sydney embassy. As a requirement of this visa he is supposed to have health insurance. Can anyone recommend any Thai insurance companies? He is 71 years old but is in good overall health for his age.
  12. It would be better for all involved I think if on the bus you could just wear a face mask to protect you from "man made global warming" as that way the person you chose to sit next to on the bus would know exactly what your opinions are on Climate change, Palestine, Covid, LBGTQ+2LSA, illegal immigration, pronouns, Trump, the Tories etc and would be able to make an informed decision to move elsewhere (or pretend someone else is sitting there) before you got a chance to. That way this person would be safe from being infected by leftist woke nonsense.
  13. This means that you obviously don't love your gf. Otherwise, you would help her and her family so that everybody will live happily ever after. At least that is what your gf will make you believe. There is an easy solution: Tell her that won't happen and tell her if she ever brings it up again then you will separate from her. One way or another, that will permanently solve the problem. And unfortunately, it is probably the only way to permanently solve it.
  14. she will only incur more as her "CREDIT" gets better
  15. APRIL HOLIDAY CLOSURES ALL IMMIGRATION OFFICES IN THAILAND WILL BE CLOSED; πŸ›‘ Monday April 8th πŸ›‘ Friday April 12th πŸ›‘ Monday April 15th πŸ›‘ Tuesday April 16th NOTE: If you have a stamp that expires on a day the immigration office is closed (weekend or holiday) AND you go the very next business day they're open you can get your extension like normal, not be fined for overstay. You WILL get an overstay stamp in your passport but it will say (overstay xxx days fine waived due to holiday) BORDERS ARE OPEN LIKE NORMAL Cr: Tod Daniels (Thanks!)
  1. Load more activity