All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. He certainly has the PM's tie strengthened. Nice knot. Now...what about the socks....?
  3. Does the agent do the reaction tests/eyesight for you ?
  4. Where I come from in Australia we call these situations Jews stock takes. There's a large coffee shop around the corner from me in Naklua Road where a fire ocurred and since the rebuild it's totally deserted. Prior to the fire it was a very busy shop.
  5. Fare fight: Phuket tuk tuk driver attacks Thai woman Photo via Facebook/ เศรษฐี ก้อย ศรีสุวรรณ์ A Thai woman took to social media to accuse a tuk tuk driver on Bangla Road in Phuket of overcharging her foreign friend and attacking her after they refused the service. Full Story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325280-fare-fight-phuket-tuk-tuk-driver-attacks-thai-woman/
  6. Ok, my visa and work permit expire on May 15th but I would like to leave Thailand a week before that and re-enter on a 30-day stamp. I have a multiple re-entry, so the automatic process would be for them to stamp me in again on the same visa, for a week. Does anyone have experience of asking the IO not to do that👆, and to just start with a 30-day stamp? Or maybe telling the IO when I leave. The reason I ask is that I'm not sure how much I can trust my employer to cancel the Non-B visa.
  7. For safety's sake horns should be removed from all vehicles in Thailand...along with indicators .
  8. A Thai woman took to social media to accuse a tuk tuk driver on Bangla Road in Phuket of overcharging her foreign friend and attacking her after they refused the service. The Thai woman, Kanyasiri Sisuwan, shared the story about the tuk tuk driver on Facebook on April 15. She said she wanted to seek justice for herself and for tuk tuk drivers in Phuket to respect passengers’ choices. Kanyasiri explained that her male foreign friend asked her to call a tuk tuk for him as he wanted to travel from Bangla Road to the Kamala neighbourhood in Phuket. She asked a nearby tuk tuk driver about the transport fee, and the driver requested 700 baht. The trip from the Bangla Road to the Kamala area is about 11 kilometres, and the actual transport fee, according to the Grab application, is between 400 to 500 baht. Kanyasiri said her foreign friend decided not to use the service due to the high price and opted for an app-based driver instead. She then helped the foreigner book the car using the application. Their refusal angered the tuk tuk driver. Kanyasiri revealed that the driver verbally abused her with vulgar language, sparking a heated argument. Subsequently, the driver physically assaulted her by beating and kicking her in front of other tuk tuk drivers present at the scene. Kanyasiri denounced the inaction of the other tuk tuk drivers, stating that no one intervened during the attack. She added that some of them even criticised her for declining the service. Mafia tuk tuk drivers The tuk tuk driver fled the scene following the attack but she managed to capture a photo of his vehicle and its registration plate. Another driver present at the scene chastised her for photographing his friend’s car and threatened further violence against her. According to Kanyasiri, another tuk tuk driver said… “Why are you taking a picture? If you want to take a picture that badly, you should take a picture of my car. You’ll see what I can do!” Kanyasiri reported that she sustained wounds and scratches from the attack and experienced pain throughout her body. She asserted that passengers have the right to decline service if the transportation fare is deemed too high, and the driver had no justification for assaulting them, as he did to her. Numerous Thai netizens voiced concern for her well-being, while others recounted their negative encounters with tuk tuks in Phuket. “All of the tuk tuk on Bangla Road are mafia. I experienced it myself. The fee was very expensive.” “I won’t go to Phuket anymore! It’s too scary!” “Tuk tuk drivers in Phuket are so aggressive. I parked my car in a public parking area, but a tuk tuk driver asked me to leave, claiming it was only for tuk tuk drivers.” “My foreign friends told me that Phuket is beautiful but it’s not a good place to live.” “Only mafia live in Phuket!” “A good tuk tuk driver in Phuket advised me not to help anyone who was in trouble with mafia drivers, warning that the mafia group would attack me.” As of now, no relevant departments have stepped forward to solve the matter or help the woman seek justice. By Petch Petpailin Caption: Photo via Facebook/ เศรษฐี ก้อย ศรีสุวรรณ์ Source: The Thaiger 2024-04-18 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  9. Hybrids come with only about a 1kWh battery by comparison my latest EV has 85kWh gross. Hybrids will only give you a little more efficiency due to regen. By comparison my EV has 580km Range and I can use the bi-directional charging to help power my house. I use solar to power my off-grid house and E vehicles, resulting in no bills. I welcome improvements in batteries but my with current EV I can add 7km of range per kWh and can charge at 150kW/hour. So I can add 350km of range in 20 minutes. Don't trust anything that Toyota says about EV batteries.
  10. Sanam Luang Songkran bash smashes records Photo courtesy of The Nation Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) declared the recent Songkran celebrations at Sanam Luang in Bangkok a resounding success, drawing in a staggering 784,000 participants. TAT Governor Thapanee Kiatphaibool shared the triumphant news at a press conference, unveiling the splashing success of the Maha Songkran World Water Festival 2024. Full Story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325279-sanam-luang-songkran-bash-smashes-records/
  11. If you're on a regular length vacation you won't have time to see Warin. I went a few years ago, maybe 2019, and it was 12k for a root canal on a molar and a porcelain crown. One visit per root, with days or a week in between each visit. I got sick of that routine and stopped going. Ended up having the tooth extracted at home and will get an implant sometime this year. I've had x-rays done and there has been no migration of the surrounding teeth. Don't put up with this multiple visits crap. My dentists at home did all of the roots in one go, applied the epoxy temporary filling, then fitted the crown on the following visit.
  12. I would guess the same applies to calmatives ?
  13. Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) declared the recent Songkran celebrations at Sanam Luang in Bangkok a resounding success, drawing in a staggering 784,000 participants. TAT Governor Thapanee Kiatphaibool shared the triumphant news at a press conference, unveiling the splashing success of the Maha Songkran World Water Festival 2024. The vibrant celebrations, spanning from April 11 to 15 on Rajdamnoen Klang Road and Sanam Luang, welcomed a whopping 784,883 attendees, with over 693,000 Thais joyously partaking, a whopping 72.18% of whom were proud Bangkok residents. And it wasn’t just the locals, an impressive 91,595 revellers from foreign shores, predominantly from European nations, added their splash of international flair to the festivities. The festivities poured an estimated 950 million baht into direct spending, covering everything from tantalising food and drink sales to accommodation costs and souvenir splurges. Thapanee revealed that this spending surge was set to ripple through the economic system, circulating a staggering 1.935 billion baht and culminating in a whopping 2.886 billion baht boost for the economy, lining the government’s pockets with a cool 742 million baht in VAT collections. Not only did the celebrations bring smiles to the faces of revellers, but they also proved to be a lucrative opportunity for around 500 street vendors and their 2,000 workers who cashed in on the revelry. Thapanee hailed the festivities as a triumph, attracting both local and international tourists and earning rave reviews in visitor surveys, reported The Nation. The buzz spilt onto social media, catapulting Sanam Luang into the spotlight as a must-visit destination. Plus, with access to nearby festive hotspots like Khao San Road and Phra Arthit Road, the fun was truly unstoppable! In related news, Thailand’s Songkran Thai New Year celebrations have gathered international attention, with 35 foreign embassies collaborating with the Thai government to promote the festival worldwide. This initiative comes after UNESCO recognised the festival as an intangible cultural heritage in December last year. By Puntid Tantivangphaisal Caption: Photo courtesy of The Nation Source: The Thaiger 2024-04-18 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  14. 30+million tourist intruders annually then. Not a very nice picture of how the Kingdom views/hosts their visitors TAT's worldwide advertising campaign obviously not aware of this 😁
  15. Please post a link that you like for this topic.
  16. Shame on you. Not knowing the details of Trump's plan to Make America Great Again.
  17. Century-old heritage house on sale for 45 million baht in Bangkok Photo courtesy of KhaoSod An almost century-old two-storey heritage house on the banks of the Chao Phraya River has sparked interest online after being listed for sale at 45 million baht. Full Story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325278-century-old-heritage-house-on-sale-for-45-million-baht-in-bangkok/
  18. I've always found Suvarnabhumbi very easy to navigate and use. Despite seeing long queues occasional at immigration arriving cant ever remember being in the queues longer than 20 minutes Plenty of food outlets airside and landside
  19. False logic there, originals sold at RRP are Rip offs,bulk wsale price is what vendors charge.
  20. I prick my finger every morning, it's not an issue for me......we do not live in the west. At least you can easily purchase diebetis monitoring equipment...that was not the case 20 years ago so there has been progress
  21. That’s a very valid point, most charging stations on the highways only have 2 stalls. The first think to check adding more stalls is the supply, it’s certainly a major problem in the UK at motorway service stations. I suspect 8 stalls at 200kw is not possible without upgrading the supply, perhaps they are waiting on that, how many stalls were occupied?
  22. FWIW There is a very simple experiment you can do to demonstrate the effectiveness of a radiant barrier. materials required; black surfaced frying pan, a spatula and aluminium cooking foil. NB insulation foil will not work method heat the frying pan to just under the smoke point of peanut oil hold your hand a close to the surface of the pan as you can for at least a minute (without burning yourself) this will be several to many cm above the pan surface (is it isn’t the pan is not hot enough or you have no nerves) take a piece of aluminium foil that is at least 5cm large on all sides than the pan, place it dull side down, using the spatula (don’t use a plastic one) press the foil down to the surface of the pan hold your hand a close to the surface of the pan as you can for at least a minute (without burning yourself) this will be Very much closer than in number 2. You can avoid the use of the spatula by forming a bowl shape to fit into the frying pan before heating the pan. The foil can be touching the frying pan’s surface so at or close to the same temperature as the pan. This demonstrates that a polished aluminium surface is a poor radiator of heat, while a black surfaced frying pan is not. A demonstration of a reflective barrier is a rather more complex process.
  1. Load more activity