All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. 100,000 Baht for a hospital is a pittance. In a civilized country there would be criminal prosecution for negligence, huge civil litigation and medical registration authorities would possibly be able to make steps to shut down the hospital, if the private operator is liable and complicit. These are death hospitals. Scary.
  3. Why don't you stop slagging each other off, and treat this forum (AND EACH OTHER) with the respect it deserves.
  4. Private companies get 13, more only at discretion of individual employers. Government - nineteen. But lately they've also had 'special' days added eg Friday before Songkran. My former country NZ now gets 12 - one added and two have been 'Mondayised' since I left. Six of them between Dec 25 and Feb 6 makes for a lot of short weeks.
  5. @DrJack54 I was also thinking of going to immigration to casually ask if they can do anything to help with my 12 month extension given mu circumstances. Not sure if it's allowed to be discussed here but having done 12 month extensions for more than 10 years based on supporting my Thai daughter, the last 2 years they have told me that my application can't be processed due to some trivial technicality in my documents - but they can process it if I (let's put it this way) - "increase" the application fee. Same person both times and I know that person is still there.
  6. @Skipalongcassidy consider yourself informed…
  7. If you're planning to taking your kids from their mother, well, really reflect on that action. If the mother has actually abandoned them, then seek legal advice.
  8. Is this a court of law or an internet discussion forum? If I said I am living in Thailand, do I have to show everyone a copy of my residence stamp? But since you insist, here is your much desired link; https://www.dw.com/en/ukraine-halts-passport-services-for-men-living-abroad/a-68923603#:~:text=Ukraine is cutting off consular,doubt its efficacy — and legality. Maybe you can be also as proficient when it comes to posting nonsense about EVs lol.
  9. Many Thais don't work even when they are not on holiday.
  10. Please share your knowledge that makes you think that? I think you will find that arson of “20 million baht” yachts’ at sea is not common. A review of the owner/boat history, were there details of non-payments, many debts, poor maintenance records, boat up for sale for some time, information from other owner/local companies, would form some part of any investigation. It is reported by the captain that he and the 2 technicians took the boat out to test after repairs were completed. When at sea it was noticed flames were coming from the exhaust pipe from the engine. Insurance is unlikely to pay if it is suspected there was negligence/defective workmanship, evidence of arson, suspected fraud or false/fake statements made to authorities.
  11. Immigrants from outside the EU countries made a net fiscal contribution of about £5.2 billion, thus paying into the system about 3% more than they took out. In contrast, over the same period, natives made an overall negative fiscal contribution of £616.5 billion. https://www.ucl.ac.uk/economics/about-department/fiscal-effects-immigration-uk#:~:text=Immigrants from outside the EU,contribution of £616.5 billion.
  12. Maybe she has someone, a sponsor and it would be bad for her if you discover it, you could be suing the cheater, so it would be much better for her if you were initiating the divorce. Also it's possible that she is very lazy and don't want to face the hassle of paperwork. Probably good to don't panic and think well about your options and obviously a good lawyer to know your options. Maybe you could get compensation from the cheater.
  13. I agree on giving the gov't as little information as possible or only what they request. Sometimes, too much information can make things worse. Also, many do not have the luxury of remitting only pre-2024 monies to live on. I'm fortunate to be able to do somewhat the same as you, in my case, keeping every year's income in separate accts, not remitting any monies this year while I'm a tax resident, keeping my 2024 income in my home country forever, and only remitting pre-2024 and 2025 income in 2025, when I'm not a tax resident. I'm sure many people are looking at ways to minimize their tax bills. I'm just trying to keep my stress level down and enjoy my remaining years. That's getting just a little bit harder. Good luck to all.
  14. I applied on 4 September 2022, three days after the LTR program was announced. The only hiccup I had was that I had to run to Hong Kong to renew my Permanent Residency there while Thai immigration was processing my BOI-approved LTR application. Immigration then canceled my application because I was abroad (for a total of 18 hours, as it happened). Once I got the BOI involved again, they sorted it all out very quickly. Yes, it was the usual bureaucratic hassle, but it sure beats doing the annual Chaeng Wattana shuffle.
  15. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/25/poland-and-lithuania-pledge-to-help-kyiv-repatriate-ukrainians-subject-to-military-draft Poland and Lithuania have said they are prepared to help Ukrainian authorities return men subject to military conscription to the country, after Kyiv announced this week that it was suspending consular services for such men who were now abroad.
  16. Thailand Crowned Best Country to Visit in 2024 Picture courtesy of Wikipedia Thailand was named as the top country to visit in CEOWORLD Magazine's 2024 travel rankings. The list was compiled based on a survey of 295,000 respondents, setting a new engagement record for the online magazine. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1326049-thailand-crowned-best-country-to-visit-in-2024/
  17. It used to be crooked dealings by bent coppers were running at two cases a week; now, it seems 2 MPs a week are being found to be guilty of corruption. 'Serious Breach of Ethics?' There are no Ethics in a ANY walk of Thai society.
  18. Picture courtesy of Wikipedia Thailand was named as the top country to visit in CEOWORLD Magazine's 2024 travel rankings. The list was compiled based on a survey of 295,000 respondents, setting a new engagement record for the online magazine. Out of 67 countries listed, Thailand took the first spot with the highest score of 72.15. The Asian nation was recognized for its cultural diversity, nightlife, culinary delights, high-end shopping malls, and striking landscapes. Greece secured the second position with an overall score of 67.22. Known for its archaic sites, breathtaking islands, and rich heritage, Greece continues to be a top destination for world travelers. Following close behind in third place is Indonesia. With a score of 65.15, the island nation is celebrated for its golden beaches, verdant forests, and dynamic local culture. The magazine's list provides a useful tool for travel enthusiasts considering their next destination for 2024. -- 2024-04-27 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  19. Apparently, back in March 2022, Ukraine was ready to sign a peace deal with Russia but this was scuttled by the then British PM, Boris Johnson. I heard the Russian FM, Lavrov said this himself on a video on YT (translated of course as I don’t speak Russian). Did you also hear of this or is this, in your opinion, just more, as you are so fond to say, B.S.?
  20. Guess I've been guilty of that, first day new car, indicating a left turn, girl come up on the inside as I make the turn, clips my car, comes of about 10m in front of me, I got out took a quick look at my car, went to see if she was ok, up she gets and rides off into the distance.....luckily she must have just clipped the turned wheel. I went and immediately brought a dash cam front and rear.
  1. Load more activity