BANGKOK 19 April 2019 05:44

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Excellent! The only thing in the Mueller report that is troublesome is he found no American colluded with the Russians! I can think of a few ... Hilary Clinton, John molesta Podesta, and Robert Mueller himself. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/03/21/john_solomon_as_russia_collusion_fades_ukrainian_plot_to_help_clinton_emerges.html
  3. I've yet only met mostly very unsuccessful bar owners in Pattaya, with the exception of one. Here's one example: An American had "just bought a bar on a tourist visa", took over the ladies from the former owner who had the place for two months and started hitting on his female employees who didn't want to have sex with their boss. But he didn't get it. Then he drank more alcohol than his few guests did. When I came by a week later he told me that the police had been there and they'd kept his passport, but he's still working behind the bar, selling drinks to customers, drinking with them, cleaning glasses, etc.... Another week later, he was gone and I never saw him again and a big sign that the bar was on sale. There's only one successful owner who had a bar for many years in Soi 6. He had a good relationship with his female staff, the right girl to do the financial part and his bar was always full. The ladies were pretty and always correct, they had to go to their Aids and other tests on a monthly basis. He was a good listener ( even when he was just acting as he listened to all the interesting stories, people came up with, he seemed to have a very good connection with the nearby coppers and he was married to a brainy Thai woman. He couldn't have done that alone. I haven't been there for 12 years, or so, no idea if he still exists.
  4. Looks normal to me. Not sure how to change it Sent from my SM-J250F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  5. Trump curses Mueller appointment: 'This is the end of my presidency' By Ginger Gibson and Doina Chiacu U.S. President Donald Trump hosts participants of the Wounded Warrior Project Soldier Ride, after the release of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report, in the East Room of the White House in Washington, U.S., April 18, 2019. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump believed the appointment of a special counsel to take over the federal probe of Russian interference into the 2016 election would spell the end of his presidency, according to the report by Special Counsel Robert Mueller. Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1095910-trump-curses-mueller-appointment-this-is-the-end-of-my-presidency/
  6. Wildfire contained at Phromthep Cape, fire warning re-issued By The Phuket News Rawai Municipality firefighters were quickly on the scene and took three hours to bring the blaze under control. Photo: Rawai Municipality Fire Department PHUKET: Firefighters from the Rawai Municipality Fire Department today urged people to beware wildfires and ofbehaviours that may carelessly start a wildfire after a blaze broke out near the tourist-popular Phromthep Cape this afternoon (Apr 18). Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1095908-wildfire-contained-at-phromthep-cape-fire-warning-re-issued/
  7. Trump curses Mueller appointment: 'This is the end of my presidency' By Ginger Gibson and Doina Chiacu U.S. President Donald Trump hosts participants of the Wounded Warrior Project Soldier Ride, after the release of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report, in the East Room of the White House in Washington, U.S., April 18, 2019. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump believed the appointment of a special counsel to take over the federal probe of Russian interference into the 2016 election would spell the end of his presidency, according to the report by Special Counsel Robert Mueller. When then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions informed Trump of Mueller's appointment in May 2017, the report said, Trump slumped back in his chair and said: "Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I'm fucked." Trump then asked Sessions, whom he had berated for months for recusing himself from the Russia probe: "How could you let this happen, Jeff?" and told Sessions he had let him down. Details of Mueller's investigation were released on Thursday, showing Trump tried to impede the probe, raising questions of whether he committed the crime of obstruction of justice. Sessions, who resigned in November, recalled that Trump said to him, "you were supposed to protect me," the report said. The Republican president had bristled at the investigation since taking office in January 2017, belittling Sessions and calling the probe a witch hunt and a hoax. "Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency," Trump said, according to the report. "It takes years and years and I won't be able to do anything. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me." A month after the appointment, in June 2017, Trump tried to get rid of Mueller, according to the report. He called White House counsel Don McGahn at home twice and told him to call Acting Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and say Mueller should be removed because of conflicts of interest, the report said. "You gotta do this. You gotta call Rod," McGahn recalled Trump as saying. "McGahn did not carry out the direction, however, deciding that he would resign rather than trigger what he regarded as a potential Saturday Night Massacre," Mueller's report said, referring to the Watergate-era firing of key law enforcement officials by President Richard Nixon. Two days later, the report said, "the President made another attempt to affect the course of the Russia investigation." He asked former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski to tell Sessions he should announce publicly that the investigation was "very unfair" to Trump, that Trump had done nothing wrong and that Mueller may "move forward with investigating election meddling for future elections." (Reporting by Ginger Gibson, Doina Chiacu; editing by Bill Rigby) -- © Copyright Reuters 2019-04-19
  8. Perhaps it's time to demystify some of the believes. The Finns or in Finnish Perussuomalaiset and which we Finns have nicknamed as Persut, in Finnish which can be translated as "<deleted>". They had a good run 4 years ago. They had a charismatic leader, who then left the party and created a new party called Siniset, the blue ones. Persut is a party of middle Finlanders, lesser educated people who are afraid to be left aside as the city green parties have taken the power out of them. I'm with them in this matter. However the agitators of Persut, mainly Jussi Halla-Aho, has been, for years, feeding these people fears that there is more and more foreign people coming to Finland, who takes their jobs. I have talked to the said party leader, Halla-Aho few times over the years and he is always very vague what he actually wants. His 1st lieutenant blocked me on twitter, once I made a bit of fun of her unintelligent comments. Life goes on The benefit of being from a small nation is that we can actually talk directly to our members of parliament and other politicians. The <deleted> is mainly a protest party. It collects the people who are generally unhappy and wish to show it out. The people who voted the party are not stupid, they are just unhappy.
  9. Would you please use a normal size font. Not all of us can read microscopic.
  10. "If the Constitutional Court declined to judge, he said, the EC could eventually decide to choose the counting formula in accordance with the laws." That's a novel concept for Thailand!!
  11. Regrettably trump conned enough of the minority of voters in the USA to get into power. trump appointed numerous 1% swamp creatures into senior positions, as well as passing policies / legislation to further enhance the 1% power and influence in trump's image. trump's campaign was based on lies and misinformation as to the future structure of US power elites. Now the damage of trump's policies have come to light one can only hope a 2020 candidate is elected who has the support to rectify the ignorance of trump's actions; on the down side will probably take a number of years to preposition the US as the Leader of the Free World.
  12. Since when do American lawmakers ( or any countries lawmakers for that matter ) do their job, which is to make their citizens lives better? All the US lawmakers do nowadays is fight over which can say the worst things about Trump. Unless the report was illegally tampered with, this OP is a another nothingburger. If it was tampered with, does anyone think Mueller will not say anything?
  13. Hilarious! Some Thai people never leave their teen years...ready to start or join a melee in an instant...
  14. ……….the presumption of innocence till PROVEN guilty springs to mind!
  15. It's a Thai site - note 'th' at the end. Then look at #5/#6 on the Information Forms. As for taking Controlled Drugs from here to another country, I don't know.
  16. Sounds to me like you could say the same about the Benghazi hearings. 3 years and nothing to show for it but at least Hillary showed up to testify unlike Cheetolini Sent from my SM-J250F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  17. Mueller and his team prepared summaries designed to be released to the public that were not classified nor pertaining to ongoing investigations. Yet Barrs discretion seems to be somewhat different. Let's put Mueller under oath in front of Congress in a public hearing and let him speak for the first time. Otherwise one of his prosecutors could leak a copy of said summery Sent from my SM-J250F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  18. Yes, but the ones overpopulating the world exceed the ability of anyone to improve their lives to the point they stop reproducing. Having overpopulated their own country into ruin, they now choose to move to less populated countries where they continue with their desire to over reproduce, and by so doing ruin those countries as well. I also don't know that poverty does increase reproductive rates. The Thais seem to limit the number of children they have despite many being very poor. Seems more like a cultural thing to me. The Saudis in the 90s thought it normal to have 8 children by each wife, despite all being educated and certainly not poor. PS. Just realised this has gone far far away from galaxies and black holes, so better not continue on this track.
  19. Turns out she was in her hotel room, not a public place. poor reporting source Need a fact checker
  20. I only speak to Admirals and higher especially at sea.
  21. Both companies I used had options for amounts for evacuation. You had to select at the time of purchase. No telling if they actually pay up, but for 20 USD a week I felt better. ( And I was an actual tourist) Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  22. Some quite confused - to be polite -replies on here, & one comment about her: "parents should be punished...& stupid girl"...... Astonishing! Everyone needs to keep themselves safe, & we don't have any 'rights' in this, at times, harsh world. However, she did not deserve this. The level of immaturity of some posters on here....I can see why you have problems in your lives.
  23. Very strange. My Bangkok Bank account that I opened with my Thai ID allows foreign transfers.
  24. www.permitfortravelers.fda.moph.go.th is not working. Does anyone have a current link for getting permission to bring pain pills / prescribed controlled substance out of the US into Thailand? Since the above link includes "fda", that has to be a USA form for moving it out of the USA into Thailand. Is a Thai form required also? What do expats do when going out of Thailand to another country and want to take along the pills which were carried in from the US and brought into Thailand? Does the USA form suffice?
  1. Load more activity