BANGKOK 18 August 2019 08:04

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I am sure if the OP had wanted such advice he would have asked for it. American pub grub !!
  3. The enforcement varies from office to office, I think you will find the leaflet is from one office and its their enforcement. Where it is enforced, the office may require proof of TM30 before they will process 90 day reports or extensions.
  4. My Nightwish is just that these days I swopped to Daywish but that's now fallen on deaf ears also and just left me holding a solid investment to play around with
  5. Bikie boss denied entry to Thailand after bail change By 9News Staff Mick Murray was forced to return to Australia after being refused entry to Thailand when he arrived there. (9News) The leader of an Australian outlaw motorcycle gang has been refused entry into Thailand, despite his bail conditions allowing him to leave the country. Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1118330-bikie-boss-denied-entry-to-thailand-after-bail-change/
  6. Good win that, not an easy task backing up after 120 minutes in Istanbul mid-week.
  7. Don't get your hopes up if you've got your heart set on beef and refried beans.
  8. You have obviously not experienced the way the courts work in Thailand if you think he has much chance of an even playing field. But your last sentence is right - just needs a little more explanation of what that means for a foreigner accused in Thailand and how he can defend himself.
  9. Bikie boss denied entry to Thailand after bail change By 9News Staff Mick Murray was forced to return to Australia after being refused entry to Thailand when he arrived there. (9News) The leader of an Australian outlaw motorcycle gang has been refused entry into Thailand, despite his bail conditions allowing him to leave the country. Mick Murray, head of the Comancheros bikie gang, flew out of Melbourne on Thursday night after a magistrate granted him permission to do so. But when the 41-year-old arrived in Thailand hours later, border authorities denied him entry based on his lengthy criminal record. Murray was arrested last December and charged with various fraud offences. With his matter still before the courts, there were concerns he may not return to Australia after having his bail conditions varied. Full story: https://www.9news.com.au/national/comancheros-boss-mick-murray-refused-entry-into-thailand-after-bail-change/3ea96de3-dcf7-4ded-8b63-ed54325a6a23 9 News: 2019-08-18
  10. BIC 3 blade flexible disposable shavers best in my experience and better than Gillette, around 91Baht for a 3 pack at BIG C in Bkk.
  11. I cant remember having a button/switch fail but with most mice the rubberised finish on the wheel seems to disintegrate after a few years rendering it useless. For about 8 years I have been using Microsoft Comfort keyboard/mouse combos with the wave-shaped keyboard and have only been replacing them when the rubber dies as mentioned. I replaced my third a couple of months ago but as the price of the Comfort model had gone from about £30 to about £60+, this time I bought a cheaper Microsoft 900 combo for £20 which seems to be fine so far. For batteries I always use rechargeables which seem to last about 6 months before needing to be charged. I use rechargeables for my air-mouse also, but those only last a couple of weeks before needing to be charged.
  12. What bothers me about bringing over a computer from the US is that: 1) The standard 1 year warranty will not be honored abroad. I would have to mail the computer to someone in the US who would have to mail it to the computer company, and vice versa for getting it returned to me. 2) If I ignore the free repair under the US warranty and am willing to pay for the repair - They may not be willing to service it in Thailand - parts availability, etc., or just a policy of not servicing models which are not sold in Thailand. But a poster in another thread stated that it's much more expensive to purchase a computer in Thailand. So unsure how to proceed. Would appreciate any feedback on this.
  13. Get things put right on the ground in Thailand,before looking to space, please. In the last few weeks the water has been off several times,ditto the electric,not living in the back of beyond,only 5 Kms from the power station,looking into space,buying Subs,Billions of THB of other weapons of war,when the infrastructure badly needs fixing first. regards worgeordie
  14. Something in that advice didn’t make sense to me. I don’t subscribe to the views of some on this site that all Thai Lawyers are incompetent, I have a good lawyer, unfortunately as in my own country some are lazy and don’t want difficult cases. Every Province has a Family Law Court why not visit yours and depending on your Thai language skills take an educated Thai person with you. You should be able to ascertain your options and probably the name of a lawyer who specializes in these matters Good luck
  15. Can't win. And the little island countries have realized that they're looking just dandy, in a competition between rich ol' Oz and rich polite Middle Kingdom. Can't lose.
  16. By your standards, the UK is guilty of supporting Isis. Not just money has been donated by UK citizens, but some of them have actually volunteered to fight for it.
  17. also if desperate try hair conditioner .. in usa its called shaving butter ... i use the gillete also and another poster suggested double edged razor ..
  18. Protein, protein protein, calories, calories, calories....heavier weights, less reps....that should do you
  19. A TM30 will be required for any satellites which pass over Thailand. One form to be submitted for each orbit.
  20. Exclusive: Muslim insurgent group says it met with Thai government By Panu Wongcha-um (Reuters) - The main group fighting an insurgency in Thailand's largely Muslim south said it had held its first meeting with officials from the new Thai government and had set out demands as a condition for any formal peace talks. Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1118322-exclusive-muslim-insurgent-group-says-it-met-with-thai-government/
  21. Exclusive: Muslim insurgent group says it met with Thai government By Panu Wongcha-um (Reuters) - The main group fighting an insurgency in Thailand's largely Muslim south said it had held its first meeting with officials from the new Thai government and had set out demands as a condition for any formal peace talks. The insurgency in the Malay-speaking region of the predominantly Buddhist country has killed some 7,000 people over the past 15 years and has flared on and off for decades. Officials of the Barisan Revolusi Nasional (BRN) said they met a Thai delegation at a location in Southeast Asia on Friday and demanded the release of all people detained over suspected links to the insurgency and a transparent investigation into abuses by security forces. That could be a step towards formal talks, the officials said, while emphasising that it was very early in the process. "If the official peace talks are a feast then these secret meetings are like bringing the cow into the kitchen, but the cow is not even slaughtered yet," Pak Fakir, 70, a senior BRN member told Reuters in a rare interview. "The Thai state is like an oiled, slippery eel," he said. General Udomchai Thamsarorat, the head of peace dialogue with southern insurgent groups for the Thai government, declined to comment on whether a meeting had taken place. The BRN has not been in formal talks with the government although contacts did take place at least twice with the former military junta of Prayuth Chan-ocha, who has remained as prime minister after an election earlier this year that his opponents said was flawed. ONGOING WAR The past contacts with the BRN never led to talks and it has continued a guerrilla war to demand independence for Yala, Pattani and Narathiwat provinces, which were part of an independent Malay sultanate before the kingdom of Siam annexed them in 1909. A number of less militarily active southern factions have been in talks with the government. "The root cause of our problem is colonization, and this has never been touched upon in past talks," Fakir said. Although the BRN usually neither confirms nor denies responsibility for specific attacks, Fakir said that the group was not behind a series of small bombings that shook Bangkok on Aug. 2. The bombs wounded four people and embarrassed the government during a regional security summit. Two suspects from the south have been arrested in connection with the attacks. "We will not attack beyond the three southernmost provinces because we do not want to be perceived as terrorists," Fakir said. "We have our territory. Why should we venture out of it? ... Someone else must be behind it." Despite the arrest of the southerners, the government has also suggested that it could be its political opponents that were behind the attacks - although political parties have condemned it and no group has claimed responsibility. Tension has been rising in the south over allegations that a southern man, 32-year-old Abdullah Isamusa, was beaten so badly during military interrogation last month that he fell into a coma. The army has said there is no proof of torture. Mara Patani, an umbrella group representing some factions that unlike the BRN have been in formal talks with the Thai military, has called for international intervention after the Abdullah case - a request rejected by Thailand's army. (Editing by Matthew Tostevin) -- © Copyright Reuters 2019-08-18 Follow Thaivisa on LINE for breaking Thailand news and visa info
  1. Load more activity