All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Crimea was invaded under Obamas presidency. Obama-Biden same same.
  3. Israeli detained in Phuket for illegally keeping 3 macaques Creative Commons License via Google Following a tip-off, police have arrested an Israeli businessman, Zuri Yozee, in Phuket for unlawfully keeping three pig-tailed macaques. The arrest took place yesterday after the local Natural Resources and Environmental Crime Division, or "Greencop," got information about a foreign business owner in Phuket's Patong neighborhood keeping these protected monkeys at his home in the Katu district. Full Story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325983-israeli-detained-in-phuket-for-illegally-keeping-3-macaques/
  4. I don't know why everybody is getting so excited on here about a police officer who has done nothing to further assist the foreigners in Thailand in any form. You guys have no skin in the game and won't be affected one iota by the outcome. All he ever did was self-promote, further himself by any means and introduce silly rules to the detriment of foreigners. Wasn't he one of the geniuses that said the murders of Hannah and David were thoroughly investigated and had nothing to do with the local mafia on Koh Tao, and didn't he walk around an empty beach saying he had investigated fully, also there was the case of sexual rape and robbery of the British girl as well which he allegedly investigated? Then we have some dreamers on here trying to pretend he is Thailand's only honest cop when he's had more mud on him than a Hippo. The only reason those in high power get annoyed and side against you is when they find out you have been skimming and not passing it around, just like good old Ferrari Joe was doing. Looking for an honest cop in Thailand, you might as well look for virgins in Soi 6.
  5. unfortunately, you are wrong.. they get away with bad things more and more...
  6. It seem ChatGPT doesn't know how to spell Kanchanaburi.
  7. If I had to pick between a nazi supporter and a Joe Biden supporter, it would honestly be an easy decision
  8. Of course they have, this is a last ditch attempt to owst him or as least slur his name so he is dropped from running for chief of police. The methodology is not valid and they know it however they hope it delays his career sufficiently to be able to hide their misdemeanours.
  9. It occurs to me that I have two Thai staff at my company earning 15k a month each who have never filed tax returns in their lives. One of them has been with me for about 15 years and will have several years worth of 2,000 baht fines and interest to pay, if she is ever tracked down for one of those 10 year audits. Our accountant has always said their was no need for them file because they have no tax to pay. Perhaps I need to check she is still of this opinion.
  10. russian super yachts - https://www.autoevolution.com/news/russian-billionaires-amazing-floating-chalet-docks-in-thailand-the-new-superyacht-haven-193785.html
  11. The news dramatizes normal weather events as extreme. It makes perfect sense for them to do so if you think about it. These are more or less normal temperatures. If you don’t believe me go look at some historical charts
  12. Sacred man code.... saw nothing.. know nothing...
  13. Correct there should be. Sometimes, however it is not only native people that employ illegals. I know of several legit Thai owned businesses in UK who employ Thai staff who's visas don't permit employment.
  14. I agree,what I was complaining about was the fact that our water bottles were taken off us AFTER check in,Air Asia is the ONLY airline (and the most uncomfortable)that I have had the misfortune to travel with that have had the audacity to do that and then not provide free water on a long haul flight,needless to say we won't be travelling with them again.
  15. ALL legal analysis is opinion. The gent is listed as an OPINION CONTRIBUTOR on TheHill.com Republicans rated The Hill as Lean Left on average, while Democrats and Independents rated The Hill on the left side of Center. https://www.allsides.com/news-source/hill-media-bias
  16. Panang and Massaman are popular all over Thailand but they probably originate in the South. Massaman means muslim - it is basically a copy of curries from the South Asian sub-continent. Panang name has no connection with the Malaysian island Penang, it is derived from the expression describing how monks sit cross-legged. As curries they are particularly popular with tourists who don't have to make such a big taste adjustment as they do for "genuine" Thai food. I wonder if the poll just included THai people where it would rank.
  17. continue making a fool of yourselves, dont you? Now you insinuate om a pro Trump dont you?
  18. My better half told me - she has a business accross from HR on 2nd Rd. I will chastise her for not taking pics. They were here for Cobra Gold too, less than 12 months ago. Huge queues for the ATM at 7/11. I saw that with my own eyes.
  19. Agreed, and there is the considerable advantage of the record taking aspect being taken care of.In other words in the unlikely event of a RD dispute/query, bank records could be easily shown.
  20. No reasonable prosecutor would take on this case , unless they have a political axe to grind .Bragg campaigned in getting Trump. The show trial in NY, consist of Dem Prosecutors, Dem Judge , 87% Dem electors. And a far left philanthropist help donate to his cause.Dershowitz, Turley, Barr , McCarthy all experts in law say is political, which has been reported on. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/soros-family-helped-push-manhattan-da-bragg-power
  21. Being Thailand, I think one can safely assume that there is no “high speed pursuit training” for the Police. The same as there is no “high speed driver awareness” courses for ambulance or fire brigade drivers.
  22. My current plan which I feel is fairly strong. Everyones plan will be different for thier needs. I have an Irish income that HAS to be taxed at source (directors salary) so that one I have is pre taxed and covered under a DTA. That I can spend and easily justify and is play money. I wont declare it as I am sure it is legally correct and I have the tax return and DTA archived. Other funds for household costs I send to the wife and she already manages our household bills and cashflow. Thats gift if asked and again correct she is spending it on her and her house. Any investments are covered by my Jan 1 savings, with statements archived 'just in case' for a couple 100k GBP. Theres another 6 rai I have my eye on and that would manage that without going over. Long term LTR visa but thats later.
  23. How hard is it to walk to Central Festival and use their toilets...? They are free and pretty nice...
  24. Then buy one that has LFP chemistry ... options abound. Unless waning silly performance or live in very cold region, LFP is a better choice anyway for longevity, I think.
  25. Just wondering what the next huge scam will be? Shouldn't take long now!
  1. Load more activity