All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Er, a sentence constructed in that manner unequivocally states that Thailand is a Commonwealth country. No, it does not. It seems awkwardly worded but It does categorically state that... "Most British Commonwealth countries are included in the frozen list; [Semicolon] The part after the semicolon ("...these include countries, such as Australia, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand, Thailand and India...") indicates countries that are also just on the frozen list, it is not claiming that those additional countries are Commonwealth countries. To do that (introduce a list of countries set up by the first clause) would require a colon (:), not the semicolon (;) that was used simply (using correct grammar) to join the related independent clauses together in the same sentence without the need for a conjunction. Those who are unable to understand the uses of colons vs semicolons will never understand the actual meaning of the sentence.
  3. It's still on Booking dot com and a simple search would have shown him where he was going before he got "ensnared".
  4. In UK the problem is lack of staff and competency. However, our NHS is completely free. I agree that I've received better attention in Thai Government hospitals than in UK.
  5. Biden’s own handlers are furious that he agreed to debate Trump. This is going to be good. Trump will rip him to shreds. However, I have a suspicion his handlers are going to do everything they can to get Biden out of this. https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-roasted-agreeing-debate-trump-howard-stern-handlers-furious
  6. The car driver should be easy yo find. If I was the bike rider, I'd go full tilt injured on his a$$
  7. My former GF had it. She did the antibiotic regimen described by TANDOR and her symptoms disappeared. They reappeared 6 or 7 years later and she repeated the regimen successfully. It's pretty clear many of the food practices in Isan contribute to this condition.
  8. The "new" owners are actually the original property owners and they are back in business says my wife
  9. Surely a bend or curve, up hill or down hill on an unfamiliar badly lit road must have been involved somewhere it normally is + Zzzzz + brake failure + Booze.
  10. Well, he should not have been riding a motorbike in Thailand. Everybody knows what happens to those who ride choppers in Thailand, as well. Whether it be a chopper, or a teeny trike, or a three-wheeled scooter.. The results are almost inevitably the same: a. Road accident b. Hospitalization c. Debate upon the Topic of insurance d. Go-Fund-Me campaign to Medically Repatriate on a Pricey Medivac flight to Home Country e. Discussion on TV concerning Stupidity of "Other" Farang in Thailand All of the above. And even more. Forever more.
  11. The Personal Allowance is 12,570 GBP, and if you have to pay tax after an increase it will only be on the amount over 12,570 GBP and at a rate of 20%. E.G. if pensions totaled 13,000 GBP the calculation would be. 13,000 less 12,570 equals 430 taxable 430 by 20% equals 86 GBP tax so would still be 344 GBP better off, to say they would be worse off is totally incorrect, they would not be as well off as they might have been. Don't get me wrong, as a pensioner myself, I am not condoning the taxation of pensions (either state or private, by either UK or Thailand) my personal opinion is that pensions of any category should be tax free.
  12. The booking.com has photos of the accommodation , this photo of from the booking.com website , so its not actually a roadside shop , its accommodation which is above a shop . It also has rooms going for 1000 Baht a night , which is about 25 Pounds . Seems like Parke booked the room online and wanted something bit better when he arrived and moved to somewhere better . The Hotel does exist . https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/lek-lek-samui.th.html?aid=356980&label=gog235jc-1DCAso3QFCDWxlay1sZWstc2FtdWlIJlgDaN0BiAEBmAEmuAEXyAEM2AED6AEB-AECiAIBqAIDuALl7rGxBsACAdICJDc3NjgyYzkwLTcyZTYtNGEwMi05YTU2LWE4ZjFjYmY1MzVjY9gCBOACAQ&sid=378ad98741c2d5a294c79b531743be18&all_sr_blocks=1053399302_386936275_2_0_0;checkin=2024-06-12;checkout=2024-06-13;dest_id=900040609;dest_type=city;dist=0;group_adults=2;group_children=0;hapos=1;highlighted_blocks=1053399302_386936275_2_0_0;hpos=1;matching_block_id=1053399302_386936275_2_0_0;no_rooms=1;req_adults=2;req_children=0;room1=A%2CA;sb_price_type=total;sr_order=popularity;sr_pri_blocks=1053399302_386936275_2_0_0__100000;srepoch=1714190840;srpvid=17d61bcaa78200d4;type=total;ucfs=1&#hotelTmpl
  13. maybe it would be good to double check before posting, it would be unfortunate if someone was taking your words as advise.
  14. https://thethaiger.com/finance/loans/guides/spouses-debt-do-you-have-to-pay-for-it/
  15. Nothing dodgy about it. Biden can’t walk without the assistance of his handlers. https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-alters-marine-one-walking-routine-often-surrounded-aides-report
  16. Why? I rent a couple of one bedroom Thai houses for 3,000 baht a month each. Price went up this year from 2,500 baht per month. Personally I would not want to live in one but staff are quite happy to stay there.
  17. Every time I bounce a scoot first thing I do is check my vehicle for damage.
  18. https://www.thailandlawonline.com/62-marriage-family-inheritance/58-do-i-have-to-pay-for-my-thai-wife-s-gambling-debts
  19. This forum has some excellent contributors and there is no reason why a person would not ask such a locally related question here. Maybe at one time Google was a reliable source but now the lines between information and promotion are blurred beyond the point of reliability. One searches for any medical topic and the majority of results are thinly veiled infomercials promoting whatever they are paying Google to help them sell.
  20. Are you saying immigration/visa proceedures are biased towards foreigners 🙂
  21. Perhaps they could consider putting SIGNS on them, showing their route? Or is every tourist supposed to know all baht bus routes immediately upon arrival, magically? Idiots.
  22. Are you sure about this? I read somewhere that you are not responsible for her credits and debts if you were not aware and didn't sign anything.
  1. Load more activity