All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Please let me know where is a quiet bar in Central / South Pattaya?, I too would like to go there..
  3. My take is that the Judge has basically approved the 16 April (lengthy) submission from Knight/Trump and will sign off officially unless AJ still objects.
  4. The only legal reason for flashing your lights in the UK is for a warning of your presence although its widely used for other reasons, like you mentioned.
  5. Just another pin in the box assuring me people are stupid when a water festival like this is considered as fun. For 30 min yes, I can play along, but for f sake, just imaging coming to pattaya for a well earned holiday, and this thing was going on for a week? I would be pissed off.
  6. Scotland leading the pack as always. Why is it Scots are much more intelligent than ordinary people?
  7. Firstly - get wife, kids, anybody he cares about out of Thailand. Secondly - let her rip, who pays who, payoffs, bribes, name names, supply any documents, etc. Then see what happens.
  8. The Embassy website still only describes single entry and the online application also does not give the multi option. Requirements listed there, updated August last year, are here....https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/page/spouse-and-family-visa Financial requirement is stated as "Financial evidence showing monthly income of no less than 40,000 THB (£1,000) or having the current balance of 400,000 THB (£10,000), e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings" , but it has been reported here they do not insist on that and will accept balance of GBP 1000. One thing they do not list is for details of your flight from the UK to Thailand. For a non-O application in February they e-mailed me asking for this after my initial application had gone in online.
  9. The corruption was exemplified by the removal of both Thaksin and Yingluck from power by the military in coups whilst the electoral process (elections) were happening, and it looked very much like they were on course to win; and of course the subsequent post coup " prosecutions". Thaksin took himself off, well aware that if he went into Junta incarceration he would never emerge alive. Yingluck was more tricky - popular nationally and well known internationally she "disappeared", her teenage son was effectively taken into care - remember "he must complete his Army Cadet training", and then she was basically driven to the Cambodian border and turfed out. In both cases the events leading to their exiles were engineered by the military (representing the establishment powerbase) and went against the norms of both the democratic and judicial processes, supposedly guaranteed by the constitution. Moreover they were, and remain, deeply unpopular. All of which, to my mind, makes the pearl clutching swooning outrage of the "Thaksin has never served his time" and "Yingluck was sentenced in absentia" brigade rather entertaining! Now, in order to maintain the shaky construct which maintains the unpopular and electorally shaky coalition in power, the military and establishment it serves have to swallow their pride and allow his ( and likely her) return, to buy enough popularity to stave off the threat of the progressive movement. It has all rather come back to bite the bemedalled ones on the bum!
  10. I don't think that any single person could explain adequately just why one individual is worth so much to any company - if Musk was hit by a bus tomorrow, the share price may take a blip but Tesla would continue on its trajectory without him. This push towards the normalisation of corporate greed, in fact the lionising of it to make it appear as something to be admired and aspired towards, is seemingly relentless as world leaders sit quietly by. Yesterday Tesla started to reduce its workforce with a plan to make 14,000 people redundant to cut costs; today they want to give $56 billion to one man. These are not the actions of a board looking to deliver long term value to shareholders - unless this is a dead cat to distract from how badly they have handled the lay-offs.
  11. It's the so called Water Festival that's causing the problem 😔
  12. Sad . Already threatened by extinction , the rare surviving turtles are being hunted by primitive stupid poachers just for some miserable baht . I hope the poachers will face extinction as well ...
  13. That's the custom in Thailand. It sounds a bit draconian, but they are held responsible for their carelessness. That is why, often, someone will count the money several times in front of you in a shop or restaurant or bar. There are positives in that, I suppose. Teaches staff to be careful and being responsible in their job.
  14. Once i tooted my bike horn at a car after a terrible display of driving. He chased after me and threatened to shoot me !
  15. Phuket is fast becoming a nightmare .... boom time will soon bust
  16. So is it still unsettled?im just a lay person seems unclear and thanks for the response
  17. Pattaya Beach Road has had 1-way traffic for many years. Is she meaning Jomtien Beach Road?
  18. Thais voted for change . They did not get it because : As part of the “secret deal” under which the billionaire Thaksin had been granted the privileges unprovided for ordinary convicts, the de facto Pheu Thai boss had been practically obliged to return favours to the powers-that-be who would decidedly prefer to leave the helm of government to his party rather than tolerate seeing the Move Forward in government following the progressive party’s electoral victory in which they had won most MP seats last year.
  19. Yes it looks good but Friday morning some of the 12 Jurors might fall away as happened yesterday - but they'd soon be replaced one hopes. It's progressing much faster than expected. The quota for 6 alternates has to be completed too. 'Swearing in' and a Trial commencement Monday would be good. Trump's disgusting behaviour out of Court should be rewarded with a night or two in jail.
  20. Well last time with trump for one,trump didn’t debate he just blustered like a kid on the play ground here’s a clue how was trumps Gettysburg spiel a day or so back? You can’t possibly think trump has a grasp on anything after that spectacle personally I’d love to see Biden take him apart but the debate has to have rules if trump starts his circus act he gets muted he gets fact checked in real time and called out immediately when he lies.
  1. Load more activity