All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Before or at the beginning of the middle ages the Arab world was THE seat of learning and progress, Christians, Muslims and Jews all lived peacefully together. Great progress was made there in physiology, astronomy, mathematics and philosophy.....unfortunately much has changed, politics and religion are great hindrances to peace and knowledge....oil hasn't helped much either.
  3. It's '24 production and I decant into 1L glass bottles for storage in a cool/dark pantry. Never had a problem.
  4. You're correct, but there's also another aspect to the miracle of plastic bottles. Plastic bottles are lighter, so much so that the amount of fuel required to transport them was significantly reduced. Plastic bottles don't break when they fall off of a shelf or are knocked over. This reduced product loss and improved profits. Recycling is inefficient at best. The amount of energy required to gather, transport, and melt everything down exceeds the value of the end product. Then there's the question of how the required energy is produced. Is it from burning coal or natural gas? Those inputs have to be included as well.
  5. I have lived in Thailand for most of my adult life, almost 25 years, so not just bashing i often visit neighboring countries as well. everywhere in the world there is progress over the past 25 years where as in Thailand I feel it’s a regress. English got worse, service got worse, scams became more and no recourse Visa became harder, no benefits of any kind stupidity and idiocy is nourished while innovation and improvement frowned upon.
  6. No, a Jew walking in London does not need a permit to do so and is not liable to be arrested.
  7. So glad to have retired from this crap after 23 years. Stupid laws and dealing with stupid people. Love the pension though!!!
  8. I’ve not tried Tata Premium yet. Tata Gold makes a good brew, full bodied might be something to describe it. I wouldn’t know how it compares to English Breakfast tea, been so long since I tried English Breakfast tea. Can’t go wrong with the Tata Gold, but it does need storing in an air tight container as ½ kg will last you ages
  9. We bombed there to, and a complicated ethnically post Warsaw pact war where Nato intervened quite prompt and effective, almost without hesitation even it was blocked by russia and china. The Chineese embassy was bombed if I recall correctly. An ethnicall war not so different from Gaza some would say.
  10. Your statement re Swiss pensions is not correct. There are two type of pensions in Switzerland, the federal first pillar pension and the second pillar pension from employment. If the employer was the state, a public subdivision, or a local authority thereof, the respective second tier pension is taxed in Switzerland and exempt from Thai taxes. All other pensions are not taxed in Switzerland and constitute assessable income if remitted to Thailand.
  11. I have apologised to @Nick Carter icp the content of whose post I altered.
  12. No, PDFs are fine. Hou'll see from my follow ups I found where I was going wrong and it worked.
  13. How does that equate to a Jew walking in London, does he need a permit now otherwise he is liable to be arrested?
  14. Would have thought they could have had a QRA ( quick action alert ) in place same as most air forces saves the cost of flying aircraft full time on border patrols As already mentioned they've have early airborne aircraft Swedish aircraft use them as well
  15. I lived and worked in Thailand for 20 yrs now would I want to live as expat in Thailand nope The new sting the expat with tax when you when you have already paid tax in your own country. The low end tourists mainly Russians run the place phuket now the rude Chinese and the hoads of Indians. Thailand always works backwards all about the money not the quality or the type of quality individuals. When the <deleted> hits the fan they panic change all the rules and he we go again. Great to visit but to live to hard with all the red tape and the trailer trailer trash expatss and greedy Thais. Go to Vietnam way better
  16. Agree with your sentiments GG, but a bit puzzled about what in my post set you off. But no problem anyway. On second reading I see it very clearly, well spotted.
  17. The protesters had a permit issued by the authorities. These permits grant the right to peaceful protest and not breach of the peace. That's why the police attend the protests.
  1. Load more activity