BANGKOK 19 April 2019 21:22

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. No p.p. needed once you have registered.
  3. Sure, parts of Koh Samui are seedy, but not all. Let's also not forget it's over crowded, with a failing infrastructure, is smelly, has appalling drivers even by Thailand standards, and the quality of Farang holidaying there (especially in Chaweng), is low even compared to Pattaya standards.... and that's saying something.
  4. The Immigration Officer is only trying to do her job. Why speak disparagingly about her? You stayed in Thailand for 7 years?...On an education visa?... I would hope you can speak Thai fluently, I would like to think you became a medical doctor as well, but that's clearly not the case. And what does it mean, "if you'd look at me and know I'm no English teacher nor do i look like I have no money,"? I'm curious as to what you think English teachers look like? The one's I know look nondescript.
  5. It still dependent on the amount 160 million dollars was moved on the btc chain for a few cents months ago Moving the same amount through the would have cost ~$35k for the fee
  6. What do you weigh britman ? [emoji56] Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  7. As with many things in Thailand there is rarely any consistency, you will need to speak to your specific office and ask them what they require. Other people (unless in your area) may well have totally different experience and requirements. You may have better luck asking in your local area forum for this information. State what area you are in and this can be moved there for you.
  8. On your first point, I agree, she probably isn’t 1/2 the saint that you are... [emoji849] Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  9. It's not a matter of smarter or dumber. The founders could never have foreseen forty million people living in California no matter how smart they were. That's why they put in place a means to amend the constitution, and amend it we have.
  10. instead of making wais and asking for forgiveness for not understanding the law, he has chosen to try and make an incident out of it. Even if he 'won' in some international court (after many years) he will be blacklisted by immigration which would break off his access to his seastead. Not a very rational or thought out plan (but the seastead isn't either, and neither is 'investing' in bitcoins).
  11. It may turn out the US Embassy-Bangkok announcement is just saying that the "US Treasury" is ready to begin IDD to Thailand but SSA, VA, and OPM are not quite ready yet. Takes two to tango as SSA/VA/OPM are the ones who accomplish IDD signup, provide beneficiary payment instructions to the US Treasury (actually the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City). And it may end up taking three to tango if Thai banks are not ready/aware.
  12. Eating Yoghurt with which spoon and even color matters. For some their mind can be twisted as a curl or an aborgine hair It seems that there was an research on this, even at Oxford One of the research and the results you can find in this file http://www.flavourjournal.com/content/pdf/2044-7248-2-21.pdf Some newsarticles Smithsonian: Your Choice of Spoon Changes the Taste of Your FoodWhite yogurt eaten from a white spoon was deemed sweeter, more expensive and denser than a similar yogurt that was dyed pink. Jezebel: In other words, when you eat with a cheap spoon, you may believe you're eating more expensive-tasting yogurt. That said, eating yogurt with a plastic spoon often hurts the corners of my mouth. I'll stick to my medium sized white plastic spoon without the sharp corners Rgds,
  13. Wish I could tip up seven card, used only for convenience. No tottering heaps of small coins on bills. Now the staff get to count the bags of small coins I bring in to buy snacks and they don’t seem irritated by it.
  14. Does Immigration want to see a bank statement or will the bank book with the deposits be OK. Mine has all the deposits starting the month after my last extension I get 2 per month and for some reason it didn't print one in the first month last year so I have 23 out of 24 deposits printed in my bank book and the totals are correct each month and are printed FTT.
  15. Well it's not central Pattaya. Money is good too in Thai terms. You meet good ones and bad ones and mental ones like i did lol. She threatened to kill me after i cancelled her Visa to come to Ireland. I went back over and i am still alive She's บ้า B̂ā
  16. Homemade bangers and mash went down a treat with my wife tonight @ La Drinkeria... mash was as good as mine she exclaimed !! I won’t be taking her back !! [emoji48] About to go for a walk down Bangla way, have been amazed at how quiet Patong has been today, a bar lady on Nani Rd told us Songkran had been quiet, maybe farang don’t dislike Songkran as much as the Thaivisa crew and they’re all up at Pattaya ? Ps We were one of three couples to dine here tonight. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect
  17. hahaha! crazy talk! of course it'll only get stricter. new boss gots to make a name for hisself. get ready for a whole raft of new regulations, and look forward to some catchy slogans, too.
  18. I want what your smokin Sent from my SM-J250F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  19. 19c Online, Skype Interview with a uk company.
  20. If you two could get your stories straight, that'd be great.
  21. Climate is always changing, whether good or bad for a particular species at a particular location. Civilizations in the past have collapsed due primarily to a change in climate which they were not able to adapt to. We now have the technology and energy resources to adapt. We have the knowledge of the history of past, extreme weather events, but instead of adapting, we prefer to control the climate, foolishly thinking that we can use CO2 levels as a control knob. I've mentioned before, in the summary of the physical sciences (Working Group 1) in the 5th assessment report from the IPCC, there is low confidence that extreme weather events have been increasing since 1950. However, heat waves are another issue. In a warming climate it is to be expected that heat waves will increase, especially in the cities where most people live, because of the Urban Heat Island effect. To combat heat waves (that is, adapt to them), we need a reliable source of affordable electricity. To protect ourselves from floods, droughts, and cyclones, we need lots of cheap energy to build dams, long water pipes, and sturdy housing and infrastructure. https://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/assessment-report/ar5/syr/AR5_SYR_FINAL_All_Topics.pdf Since I'm not allowed to make lengthy quotes on this site, I'll just quote the relevant sentences from page 53 of the above link, regarding extreme weather events. "There is low confidence that anthropogenic climate change has affected the frequency and magnitude of fluvial floods on a global scale. There is low confidence in observed global-scale trends in droughts. There is low confidence that long-term changes in tropical cyclone activity are robust, and there is low confidence in the attribution of global changes to any particular cause."
  22. All depends on how long you run it....if you run it 24/7 then payback will probably be in around 15 months. Of course other factors can apply like ensuring you get a properly sized inverter A/C....if it undersized it will simply run full bore all the time like a standard A/C....you will not save anything. The 15 months perioid was the pay back period for the 23K BTU Mitsubitshi inverter A/C I bought to replace a standard 18K BTU A/C which ran 24/7.
  1. Load more activity