BANGKOK 26 May 2019 13:59

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The Youtube app on iPad allows you to download with the click of a button. Easy and quick. I am presently listening to Ken Follett A Place Called Freedom when i drive. Can do on other devices?
  3. True in some cases without his permission if he is located in his own property. If he were outside his property that's not generally illegal. Many pictures are sent to authorities anonymously for that reason.
  4. There's a very high chance that she won't use the 300k to pay off the loans, spend all the cash and then be back to square one with you 300k lighter.
  5. I ended up paying a month for express vpn and then created an account for ITV in the Uk. Its on ITV4 for free
  6. They are not checking after the first 90 days. They WILL check at the next extension application. In no way does it mean that you "don't need the money in the bank" if you want another extension.
  7. I did know about this. I had asked when I did my last 90 day report. I did my Retirement Extension in April using income method. What I found strange is they wanted a photocopy of my wife's ID and her blue house book. My wife was with me. I was also told that next year my photo on the TM7 has to be without glasses. They also wanted a copy of my most recent TM30. At Phayao you are required to do a TM30 if you stay overnight away from your normal residence.
  8. Just a scam, they don't have any legal relevance.
  9. Tell next door that so many bloody noisy dogs ,never stop barking Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  10. Delete the offending/conflicting driver (assuming you have such) in Device Manager, reboot the computer, and the driver will automatically reinstall itself...during the reinstall maybe it will fix the issue. Once again, that assumes you have a driver conflict...what shows in your Device Manager? Reconnecting physical components like cables you would need to take it back to the tech.
  11. I bought a 2" (5cm) king size foam topper from Ikea 3 years ago and am happy with it. It has held up well and hasn't developed any bumps or thin areas. About B4000 if I remember correctly. Just noticed Lazada has a Dunlopillo Firmex 2" thick 6' topper for B3900. That seems like a pretty good deal for an excellent quality manufacturer.
  12. read the forum rules, they are quite clear in its description.... Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.
  13. the very first day in parliament and only one item on the agenda the very first action of the junta party is to seek postponement of that item how very illustrating (this was supposed to be a haiku, but it came back with too many "deleted", f*** and $#%!!!) (I hope I captured the spirit, though )
  14. They aren't, these kind of rentals are illegal in most countries from Germany to the US. When i lived in NYC we had exact same issues in our building, airbnb was illegal for short term rentals but no one really did something. https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/083115/top-cities-where-airbnb-legal-or-illegal.asp airbnb sucks in cities. But i think it's just fair to seperate between someone owning his own house and land and renting that out and renting out shared premises. I
  15. Yes I did read that exchange you sent me and it is pure BS IMO. I'll give you my objective feedback on it in this post but before I do, perhaps you should actually read one of Luftig's books instead of relying completely on Aragon's twisted interpretation of his work! Aragon may have some useful advice on nutrition for bodybuilders but he is way out of his comfort zone discussing nutrition in terms of the actual biochemical and physiological aspects of endocrinology and the metabolic sciences, whereas both Luftig and Ludwing are amply qualified to do, and much of their actual work is conducted in the laboratory, not merely writing books, attending paid speaking engagements and heavily self-promoting themselves. Argon’s understanding of empirical-based metabolic science is quite limited and mis-informed, and that’s why he rarely discusses fundamental and applied laboratory research, and only focuses on longitudinal and cross-sectional studies (which he usually intentionally mis-interprets for his own ends. It's hard for me to understand how you can completely dismiss the current fundamental and applied research being conducted under the auspices of scholarly institutions such as Harvard University's School of Public Health, and Harvard Medical School, and the Division of Endocrinology at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), where Lustig and Ludwig actively conduct laboratory-based research and make numerous and significant contributions to public health, and instead take Aragon's word that such ACTUAL research is flawed. I'm getting tired of presenting you with science-based information linked to the underlying studies that you immediately reply to without having even checked out references or considering another viewpoint besides your own in an objective way. I saw how quickly you responded to Canguu's post that included incontrovertible facts and a dozen references which makes it quite obvious you already had your moind made up before even considering the post objectively. What really kills me is that you can argue points that are well accepted in the medial and scientific community simply because some hack like Aragon presents HIS interpretation of it. Why don't you explore the facts first-hand instead of merely believing somebody like that? Anyway...here's my feedback on his blog post you sent me...and just so you know, I read EVERYTHING (including the links) when somebody sends me a post, and I consider it all objectively before replying. If I don't comment on it, it's usually because I'm so pissed off I don't want to be inflammatory in my response. HERE'S MY FEEDBACK TO ARGON'S BLOG THAT YOU SENT ME Aragon intentionally mis-interprets the words of legitimate researchers or tries to make them seem to be in error, simply to make his own position seem to be some sort of radical and miraculous departure. Aragon repeatedly tries to subtly assert that he understands a "hidden secret" that some of the most gifted and accomplished researchers in the world have missed or gotten wrong, and he wants to share all of this with his followers...for a price, of course. Case in point: Already relayed to you SEVERAL TIMES NOW about his comment "...Its excess calories that make us fat not sugar. ..." My response: Yes, of course excess calories make you fat, but it is sugar, more than any other macronutrient, that will you to eat excessive amounts becuase of its' addictive qualities, and because of the hormonal changes to insulin and leptin that result in BOTH insulin resistance and leptin resistance. Arfagon's comment is so silly! It's like saying, "Smoking doesn't kill you, it's cancer that kills you"! Case in point: Aragon smugly states, "...Perhaps due to hasty error, he (Lustig) says, “That is what we are talking about here; added dietary sugars; not endogenous ones.” I’m (Aragon) going to assume he meant to say intrinsic sugars, not endogenous sugars. ..." "Intrinsic" sugar has no legitimate meaning here! The definition of "Intrinsic", according the dictionary, is "being an extremely important and basic characteristic of a person or thing". How does the word “intrinsic” more properly define "added dietary sugar? It does not! In fact, if taken literally, it means the exact OPPOSITE of what Lustig is saying! It's simply a way for Aragon to infer that Lustig has made a "hasty error", and therefore, everything Lustig is saying may be also be in error. Case in point: Your belief that Lustig thinks that fruit is bad is another example of somebody misleading you in an attempt to invalidate Lustig, so that you will have an unfounded negative judgement of Luftig. These subtle techniques are what con-artists are masters of! Maybe I’m being too critical but when these techniques are repeated over and over to the point where actual facts simply go out the window, that’s a bad thing. Especially it’s a bad thing when the person doing it is profiting by their deliberate use of misinformation and half-truths. Aragon is a master of this type of convoluted coercion of his followers simply to “make a buck”. To me, it is the definition of a false health guru. Bottom line, Lustig and Ludwig are both acknowledged experts in endocrinology related to nutrition and related public health issues, and Ludwig, in particular is one of the most recognized authorities on carbohydrate metabolism.. They both have an outstanding reputation in the mainstream medical and scientific communities. Aragon, on the other hand, is not recognized as an expert in endocrinology and related public health issues by any legitimate health experts, is connected with no legitimate scholarly research at any recognized university. He is promoted as an expert only by himself, other "health gurus", or marketing/ promotional platforms like Men's Health, where he is employed. Bottom line, Aragon is NOT a true scientist. That’s why he never discusses or debates laboratory-based studies performed by Luftig and Ludwig, and only argues longitudinal or cross-sectional studies which are easily manipulated to fit his own agenda. it’s not so easy to debate fundamental / applied research that explore endocrinology and the metabolic science in terms of biochemistry and physiology. In short, Those are some of the reasons I don't like Aragon or his blog.
  16. Just drive a car ,never get stopped Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  17. Maybe the description of this forum rule applies to the "you post a photo of him doing it he can sue you for doing so". 6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel. Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.
  18. Somebody kicked up a fuss on Facebook, the news got spread around, and the police were shamed into acting.... for ONE building. Meanwhile, there are hundreds all around going on about their Air BnB business as usual.... and the Ekamai place probably will be back to its old habits sooner than later, as there's rarely any follow-up or consistent enforcement here...especially when there's money to be made.
  19. So you will offer to be the first American to attack Iran. Good luck with that.
  20. Yes, but that you enjoy something makes it an end in itself. I don’t frequent bars, and I enjoy walking in nature, when I asked what it was worth I meant the cost to do it.
  1. Load more activity