All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Thailand is forging ahead with its application to become a member of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), a move that is anticipated to significantly enhance the country’s economic growth. The Thai Foreign Affairs Minister, Parnpree Bahiddha-Nukara, took a proactive step on Tuesday, April 16, by submitting an official letter of intent to Mathias Cormann, the secretary-general of the OECD, at the organisation’s French headquarters. In a compelling speech, Minister Parnpree articulated Thailand’s readiness and resolute commitment to fast-track its OECD membership. He highlighted that Thailand aligns with the core values and objectives of the OECD, encompassing democracy, the rule of law, human rights, a free-market economy, sustainability, inclusivity, and a dedicated green transition. Minister Parnpree brought attention to Thailand’s four-decade-long involvement with the OECD and its ambitious goal of achieving the status of an advanced economy by 2037. The desire for OECD membership was met with support from member nations, who encouraged an expedited process for Thailand’s accession. The OECD, a pivotal player in international governance, influences crucial sectors such as economy, trade, investment, anti-corruption measures, education, innovation, the environment, and climate change. With 38 member countries, the organization aims to assist in formulating effective public policies under the mission statement “Better policies for better lives.” Reflecting on his address, Minister Parnpree noted that Thailand is the sole country within ASEAN that has maintained close relations with the OECD for a remarkable 42 years. This affiliation has helped to elevate Thailand’s business standards, governance, trade, environmental considerations, competitiveness, and green economy. GDP increase Pointing to a study conducted by the Thailand Development Research Institute, Minister Parnpree noted that OECD membership could potentially increase GDP by 1.6%, equating to an estimated economic value of around 270 billion baht. He argued that OECD membership could bolster Thailand’s economic security, given the developed status of its other member nations. As Thailand aims to navigate beyond the middle-income trap and achieve developed nation status by 2037, Minister Parnpree believes OECD membership would attract increased foreign investment, thereby creating more jobs for Thai citizens. He also noted the potential benefits of OECD’s Green Growth Strategy for Thailand, particularly in human resources development in the environmental sector. Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin will lead a committee dedicated to accelerating Thailand’s efforts to secure OECD membership. The Green Growth Strategy, as Minister Parnpree explained, offers guidance and measurement tools to aid countries in pursuing sustainable, environmentally friendly economic growth, reported Bangkok Post. by Alex Morgan Top Picture courtesy of Bangkok Post Source: The Thaiger 2024-04-19 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  3. That I don't know about but I am sure you have examples? However you were specifically talking about food and drink, I should have quoted your full post: "She couldn't believe the prices charged for even basic Thai meals and water! I hesitate to think what the "farang" prices are!"
  4. I was under the impression that it was only PO boxes in the UK that they would not deliver to, full street address is OK as there should be someone there to sign.
  5. True Crossy, better to stick with the Thai rules.😄
  6. Do you have any kind of pictures of this type of finish you would like to achieve?
  7. Thank you for the information. Can someone tell me what's the process to apply for a METV online? How many papers to provide for the e-visa website? My friend is thinking to apply for a multiple tourist visa to stay longer in Thailand. He comes from England
  8. Similarly in Scotland, especially kicking someone when down. There are repercussions. Must be British thing. Now in Scotland, this square go culture is a thing of the past, i heard.
  9. But we still can't mention anything about Bavarian strawberries.
  10. Damn! I've got 'Visa' renewal coming up next week.
  11. Are you certain about that and do you have a quote from a reliable source? The US/Thai DTA tells that US SSc cannot be taxed in Thailand and it also says that UK Government pensions cannot be taxed here either. But UK State Pension is not a government pension, that debate has been had many times and always concludes the same way..
  12. More or less of the use-inhibiting screen blocking ads as a consequence?
  13. I have a neighbour, he's English, he'd ask me at times to go with him because he would regularly get lost. I had to stop helping him, we'd get in his car and he would be on the horn constantly, saying 'stupid Thai's' etc. I tried to reason with him, asking him to relax and let the other road users in. Nope he acted as if the roads were his only and he wasn't sharing. The guys a bloody PSYCHO
  14. Didn't the Red Bull brat get several extensions before emigration?
  15. Shameful US. Two weeks ago they were talking the only solution as being two state, now they veto it.
  16. Not a huge fan of Salon, but an interesting read. https://www.salon.com/2024/04/16/absurd-experts-say-still-playing-games-with-fraud-bond--and-it-could-blow-up-in-his-face/ The insurer — based in California and registered in Delaware — does not have a license to issue bonds in New York or have the necessary certificate of qualification from the state Department of Financial Services, which Germain notes are required by New York insurance law. "The AG has valid reasons for questioning the validity of a bond posted by an out-of-state insurer without a certificate from the Insurance department, and having inadequate capitalization to cover the bond," he added. "I am also somewhat doubtful that a reinsurance policy would so clearly cover a default on a surety bond."
  17. Well, in addition use clear names? With address and phone number? And a recent taken photo? Splendid idea, isn't it? Not haters anymore, no gutter language, no proof of stupidity. Feels like heaven will come😂🤣🥳🤗
  18. Hopefully there will be no banned words. The audience is not children. Let the profanities and obscenities flow freely.
  19. Its true, almost impossible to even drive into Pattaya anymore. Nowhere to park, shop owners with orange cones in front blocking off the parking area in front of their business, as they somehow believe they own the street too. One lane only for Sukhumvit Rd in numerous places which is dam busy and is supposed to be a 4 lane highway. Never see them working all night like they should be.
  20. 48 years for mine, only one of five developed a root infection.
  21. “Pensions are considered income”, There needs to be much more elaboration. Of course pension payments are taxable income in most countries. The DTAs specifically state Thailand cannot assume authority to tax a state pension of another country. Private pensions are another subject.
  22. As long as there is a postcode on the address DHL will send it, i sent stuff to the RAF pension service, delivered within 36 hours there were no named people on the package just an address, it was signed for by someone, last year my passport was renewed UKVI use DHL again delivered within 36 hours and was signed for.
  1. Load more activity