All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Road side tips are a common practice, 2,000 baht at the station or 1,000 now and no receipt. We all know where the money goes
  3. Great being a cop here, just wait for the grasses to give you a call - happy days.
  4. Pot calling the kettle black innit. They're the worst when people work illegally in Thailand - total hypocrites.
  5. My wife suffered acute kidney problems in the 1970s before it became a prescription drug back in the UK.
  6. Russian Businessman Arrested for Alleged Assault, Illegal Weapons Picture courtesy of Phuket Express This past Tuesday, a 38-year-old Russian businessman was taken into custody on Koh Samui. Identified only as Mr. Nikhita, he was arrested by the Bophut Police. He is facing severe charges of assault and illegal weapons possession. The raid on his property was prompted by a tip-off from a local. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325862-russian-businessman-arrested-for-alleged-assault-illegal-weapons/
  7. Picture courtesy of Phuket Express This past Tuesday, a 38-year-old Russian businessman was taken into custody on Koh Samui. Identified only as Mr. Nikhita, he was arrested by the Bophut Police. He is facing severe charges of assault and illegal weapons possession. The raid on his property was prompted by a tip-off from a local. The arrest warrant was initiated due to a complaint lodged by Mr. Nikhita's girlfriend, whose identity has been kept confidential. She alleges that he sexually assaulted her and threatened her using a firearm. While executing their search, the police team unveiled many unlicensed weapons including a commando rifle complete with ammunition and a handgun at the property in the Maret sub-district. Also seized were a luxury BMW sedan, a Ducati motorcycle, and a pickup truck lacking a license plate. Mr. Nikhita, owner of an Italian restaurant nearby the Baan Bang Rak Pier, confessed to owning the firearms, claiming he has a private liking for guns. However, he refused to address his partner's allegations. This incident has triggered concerns about domestic abuse and illegal firearms possession among foreigners living in Thai popular tourist areas. As investigations proceed, Mr. Nikhita will remain in custody at the Bophut Police Station, facing several charges and potential deportation. -- ASEAN NOW 2024-04-25 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  8. Quick pocket guide - Bannon is the aging rocker who badly needs to wash his hair, Bolton is the one who looks like the fire chief from Trumpton. Alternatively, Bolton is the one who makes rather more sense!
  9. Thailand Takes Action on Refugee Crisis Amid Thai-Myanmar Dispute Picture courtesy of Assawin Pinitwong Thailand's government committee, under the leadership of Deputy Prime Minister Parnpree Bahiddha-Nukara, met for the first time to discuss the refugee crisis and enhance security prompted by the Thai-Myanmar border conflict. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325861-thailand-takes-action-on-refugee-crisis-amid-thai-myanmar-dispute/
  10. In the pre-social media days, these police activities would never come to light. Police would think themselves untouchable. That is the mindset which still persists even when caught with their fingers in the till.
  11. How much evidence is needed to not "set up a committee to investigate the matter" and instead forward evidence to a prosecutor. Next will be the transfer to an inactive post, with pay. Then evidence disappears, witnesses change their stories or a misunderstanding is declared. TIT
  12. Picture courtesy of Assawin Pinitwong Thailand's government committee, under the leadership of Deputy Prime Minister Parnpree Bahiddha-Nukara, met for the first time to discuss the refugee crisis and enhance security prompted by the Thai-Myanmar border conflict. Defence Minister Sutin Klungsang and Interior Minister Anutin Charnvirakul accompanied the deputy PM on an inspection of the problematic Tak's Mae Sot district, where local officials reported just under 1,000 refugees sheltering. Formed by Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin on April 11th, the committee focused on the impact of the Myanmar conflict on Thailand, from the expected arrival of refugees to the necessary security measures. Nikorndej Balankura from the Foreign Affairs Ministry outlined the committee's three main objectives: safeguarding Thailand's sovereignty, preventing acts against the Myanmar government on Thai soil, and upholding humanitarian principles. The National Security Council is responsible for closely watching developments in Myanmar, and the Foreign Affairs Ministry will collaborate with globally recognised bodies. Nikorndej stated that the situation calls for ongoing assessment, but expressed hope that Parnpree’s upcoming visit would improve understanding of the dispute. He assured that Thailand plans to provide aid to refugees and mediate peace talks if required, whilst enforcing a strict ban on armed groups within Thai territory. -- ASEAN NOW 2024-04-25 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  13. No, just tired of hearing people brag because something's missing in their lives. It's always best to be humble because showing off only impresses the sheep. I know a lot of people who do better than most and they aren't feeling the need to tell others.If it was a topic on how much a person spends on food monthly it's a little different. There are some here, and we all know who they are, who feel the need to tell others just how much they have, and this is bragging. How they came into the money might be an interesting story also. Many of them are probably lying anyway which is sadder yet. This is a world in which most people are just getting by, and any advice on how to help others is always a good thing. Do you think anyone in their right minds cares how much the Kardashians make, let alone how they make it?
  14. All well and good IF you have the power in the first place. It is quite common in our area for the power to go off at the slightest provocation, a bird perching on the wire, a spattering of raindrops, a snake in the works, or a drunk Somchai taking out a power pole at 8 at night. Last night the power went off at 10 minutes to nine, and came back on at exactly 6 this morning. I, like most everyone else am looking forward to the rains, but that is tinged with the certainty that the power will be off daily.
  15. I walk every morning and have a problem with some dogs. I carry a bit of bamboo with me they bark and growl but won’t come near me. Before I use to carry a small taser with me I found they not like the noise and run the other way and if they do come close enough just zap them. I m waiting for my new one to arrive.
  16. US Justice Department to decide by late May whether Boeing violated deferred prosecution deal. https://www.reuters.com/legal/litigation/us-decide-by-late-may-if-boeing-violated-prosecution-deal-sources-say-2024-04-24/
  1. Load more activity