All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Personal attacks and replies have been removed, keep that up and there will be consequences
  3. FORUM MONTHLY MAINTENANCE NOTICE: Forum will be down Saturday April 27, 2024 in a window between approx. 6pm and 2am (Bangkok time GMT+7). These times could change as we go, or be longer or shorter, without warning. ASEAN NOW's web traffic is increasing month by month, and we must add 4 times more resources to our cloud hosting and migrate it to Singapore for better user experience and latency. We will also perform our planned monthly forum database maintenance. The whole maintenance work will take about approx 6-8 hours. Forum will be down most of the time. We will update the progress on our Facebook page: ➡️ https://www.facebook.com/ASEANNOWThailand/ Please follow us there! The result will be faster page load, faster posting and less latency. Sorry for any inconvenience! 🙏🏼
  4. i would say the heat factor accounts for about 5 percent of the problem. its always hot in thailand. pollution in thailand is mainly caused by other factors.
  5. And I am saying he and FDR both did some good things. Again, does that mean I'm a communist and think they are great?
  6. Nope . Echo Chamber, Ka Ching You can’t help it. It’s all you have. Credibility and honesty are non existent.
  7. i had the joy of being sat next to a monster of a man from toyko to toronto last week - 12 hour flight. he took up about 25 percent of my seat. one positive was the plane was 777 so i had plenty of leg room.
  8. If you need to ask that question, perhaps you are not one of them.
  9. Our release levers were standard olive drab (green). Only attached the fuses once at the throwing/grenade range. Posting grenades was exciting... No not in the mail! You crawl on your belly up to a pre-dug hole. Pull the pin and 'post' the grenade into the hole and then slide back a few feet. Woomph! The blast goes straight up. You're relatively safe actually. All part of Army training.
  10. Kerry Packer once famously said anyone who does not minimize their tax needs their head read. If I am bringing in AUD 5300 in savings to Thailand, please explain why that is income, and taxable. Also please explain how the Thai tax authorities can differentiate between income and savings in an Australian bank account.
  11. I think that is a possible answer to those willing to think outside the box. I did an internet search and it's possible to open a Philippine bank account on line without even going to the Philippines. Surely finding a Philippine address can't be that difficult.
  12. Honestly is one word you should delete from your vocabulary. You have exchanged posts with him but you claim you have never heard of him. Strange, but true
  13. Surely your posting name should be Burma Old Bill based on your past occupation..... (not based on your age I hasten to add!) 555
  14. Thanks. That saves me a trip to SCB. I hope Kasikorn will allow online conversions. I will try to open FCD with Kasikorn since me & wife already have THB accts there. If successful, we will close our accts with UOB. Too many accts to report each year to FBAR.
  15. Lost the plot. Step outside your bubble. The truth is there. Stalin was a mass murderer. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excess_mortality_in_the_Soviet_Union_under_Joseph_Stalin
  16. I am not aware of business class being available on domestic flights within Thailand. Normal people prefer to spend their money on things less ephemeral than business class big-noting.
  17. It is my mother's 80th birthday today. She has received a letter from the DWP advising that she will be receiving a 25 PENCE per week increase in her state pension for reaching this milestone. It probably cost a months worth of the increase just to notify her by post.
  18. This reminds of the Denier movement of 20 years ago's mantra: "but Al Gore has a big house". Of course, the Denier claims of 20 years ago are forgotten now, humorous in retrospect.
  19. However, more than 70 million Americans voted for Trump, twice.
  20. Watch for the change before July when the unelected senators are completely out. They made that statement earlier this week that while they will be leaving politics "they have no agenda but they are ready to vote for a new PM before July, if needed"
  21. Going to the hospital now to see if I really did survive 4 flights uninjured last month
  22. And what might that be? So if I go the day before it expires, I can effectively get 13 months on one extension?
  1. Load more activity