All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Tiny place but a bigger city in the vicinity is Victoria TX and that's well within D list boundaries.
  3. Iran did NOT attack Israel first, but simply responded to the Israeli attack on its consulate/embassy, and from what I have read, that was then end of it as far as Iran was concerned. However the Israeli's had to make a second attack, which was stupid in the extreme. Hopefully that should be the end of it, but with the murderous war cabinet in Israel and the mad mullah's in Iran, who knows. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68854498 There is more information in the link Israel's far-right National Security Minister, Itamar Ben Gvir, said a few days ago he wanted Israel to "go berserk" in response to Iran's attack. This morning the minister - upon whose faction the Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, depends - seemed less than impressed. On X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter, he posted one word, best translated as: "Lame." After Iran's attack last weekend, I spoke to Daniel Greenzweig, 65, a businessman working in the hi-tech sector, who told me: "We need to hit them and we need to hit them hard. They need to realise that that is not the kind of behaviour that can be tolerated. I am not recommending we destroy their nuclear facilities but, if they did, I wouldn't have a problem with it." However An opinion poll published earlier this week by the Hebrew University of Jerusalem suggested 52% of people believed Israel should not respond, with 48% saying it should. It also found that only 28% of people supported military action if it led to a larger overall war, with 34% saying they were opposed, with a sizeable 38% saying they did not know.
  4. That's funny. How on earth would someone ever know that in advance? But you Aussies loved giving us yanks <deleted> when I was there 40 years ago. They never stopped, but I was a better man then. They had rough time with me. Food and wine were cheap and top class, best on earth.
  5. Wait till the most famous expert will tell you here🤗
  6. I read the operator's manual of everything I buy, so I can understand how to operate it, and what its limitations are. I'm guessing the OP threw all of his toys out of the pram as a baby.
  7. Remember "Lock her up"? How much time did you spend analyzing Trump's charges against Hilary?
  8. Because I'm have a discussion on an internet forum with another member
  9. Some of the comments on this thread are unbelievable. You guys can't muster any more empathy for an elderly impoverished farmer who lost his life producing the food you eat? Sad.
  10. I love it here and feel like I'm treated well. The income tax business might be a challenge or nothing at all, but so far, so good. Have you been maltreated here?
  11. When I first came to Thailand I was going out with an office girl and it was 1200 so she took me in to the back of the office where the staff were having lunch, they were all sharing the food and I keep remembering this fish head on the plate which had it's two eyes staring at me, and yes, they ate it.
  12. I like this PM. First time a PM has ordered a crackdown on people that includes himself. R-E-S-P-E-C-T.
  13. Can you quote the part of the article that mentions UN watch? I cannot see it.
  14. in the mid-90's, gasoline in Thailand switched to unleaded which led to a change in the pollution levels. improved but still horrible. S. Asian burning of forests and use to clear land for farming of sugar caneand corn (used for ethanol and paid for by govt) with very little govt intervention and controls worsens every year, not only because of burning in Thailand but all of S. Asia. Easy to see with the satellite showing the open fires - countries in SEA almost totaly red at times. Govt spending on war basically useless war materials instead of fire fighting equipment (necessary due to remote mountain forests) make a bad situation even worse. I have lived at times in Thailand beginning 55 years ago and can remember vividly flying from BKK to NKP and being unable to see the landscape due to SMOKE from the rice farms. I read yearly that the govt will tackle the issue - it must be the same in the reginal countries as all the citizens have to suffer too yet nothing really changes much. Now statistics are put out by the local media and it is scary as all of us suffer from the pollution. My opinion based on observations and living here for over 30 years (not continuous). I have air purifiers in every room of my houses, sent my daughter to a school that had air purifiers and even closed during periods of high pollution numbers (on line schooling which then helped when they closed for COVID), wear good quality n95 surgical masks when I exercise or go outside and not sure how long I will continue to stay here. Wife owns our house in CM and she is even talking about going extended vacation during the burning season.
  15. I've seen a great improvement in the quality of British tourists since the bad old days of the 70 baht £. Aside from the headlines about minor incidents like the fecal shower boy, most of it is pretty pedestrian stuff. One New Year's Eve circa '07 a Brit went on a rampage in the lobby of the Honey Hotel, attacking people and smashing things up - with a claw hammer! The Brits were quite violent back then. When I heard a certain accent in a bar I knew the beer was too cheap, so I would pay my bin and move to where the beer was a few baht more per bottle and the problem disappeared.
  16. Just in case I wouldn't rule out building a nuclear bunker. "Americans like you" disgusting comment!
  17. Your compassion for human suffering is touching. MAGA? More like a never-Trumper. Not a fan of Biden, either, apparently. From the T-shirt, he looks like a Bernie fan, but hard to tell for sure. Still, "Eat the Rich" is pretty revealing. And though I disagree with the guy's politics, I still feel for him and the family that's probably grieving.
  1. Load more activity