All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I complained to my Doc in US about ear problem. Nurse had a basic squirt bottle with long tube attached filled with warm water. She basically flushed out the ear. In the small pan that collected water I could see quite a bit of sandy looking particles. Definitely worked.
  3. Here’s a thought if and when trump hits the penitentiary he wants less security im all for it heck why not have that tarrio guy be his cellie I bet mr tarrio will have lots to say to trump stealing decades of his life im sure lots of folks would just love to have a chat with old trump in the penitentiary!
  4. A car on fire being guided to a petrol station, am I reading this right?
  5. And all of the above was widely ignored because everyone knows just who Bridgen is -- an anti-vax loon who was kicked out of his own Conservative political party for his nonsense, and someone whose past comments on COVID have repeatedly been shown to be wrong. Andrew Bridgen: MP expelled by Tories after Covid vaccine comments 26 April 2023 https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leicestershire-65402195 AND https://fullfact.org/can-i-trust/1244/andrew-bridgen/ AND Bridgen and Kruger have been down these same misinformation roads before in Parliament, and have been shown to be wrong and/or at best misleading. MPs' vaccine debate fact checked 10 November 2022 MPs recently debated an e-petition asking the government to conduct an investigation into whether Covid-19 vaccines are responsible for an alleged “increase in heart attacks and related health issues”. We looked at a number of claims made about vaccines or Covid-19 during the debate on 24 October and found a number of them were misleading or missing important context. We have taken a look at a selection of them below. We have checked many of the claims before, including about government advice on whether pregnant women should be vaccinated, that Pfizer never tested whether its vaccine stopped transmission and whether vaccine side effects are underreported to the Yellow Card scheme. (more) https://fullfact.org/health/vaccine-safety-westminster-debate/
  6. I hear some Thais reach down to the ground in pretending to pick up a rock to throw at the dog. If there are a lot of aggressive dogs you could always carry a real rock.
  7. This will bring tourism higher for sure! So opium.. Ganga and magic mushrooms.. 24/7.ok. Buy a beer at 3pm in 7eleven ..not OK! Tourists flying high AND hallucinating while renting a motorbike. What can possibly go wrong.
  8. Well I suppose the offer of a hefty 50% discount would clinch the deal. If the fine is recorded as paid, job done. As for traceable bank transfers, he probably simply never expected anyone to bother tracing them. Imagine it, traffic officer issues fine from pad, "close friend" receives pad, receives money, issues receipt. If there is no independent accounting or cross referencing of tickets issued and receipts issued (and "close friend" is no doubt responsible for reconciling the two) then job is a good 'un! Probably a defamation case pending...
  9. This might work in NY or LA but not in S. Korea. Korea is a place where immigration laws are actually enforced. Korea has many foreign workers but the expecetaion is obey all laws.
  10. Ours went off last night for about 2 hours, first time this year. Last year we had no power outages whatsoever which was incredible. I think solar panels and batteries are my next big purchase
  11. Yes, a good point. My response to a poster on this issue in a different thread was this: "Here is the Thai Revenue Department Help Line 02 272 8000. If you call them and tell them what you've said here, I'm pretty sure you will get your TIN in no time at all". I will include the Help Line number in the document
  12. I would think that there would be a way they had to show they were forced into providing this type of service as well as being kept prisoner and unable to leave before a claim could be made they were abused in any way. You seem to think nothing is needed for this. But let's say for example you go to happy ending massage place and the woman gives you the happy ending. I seriously doubt you are asking her age or if she can go out with you. Just as sure that when you went into the business those same massage girls were not in handcuffs or behind locked doors unable to leave. Clearly the owner made the choice to allow these young women to work there and profit from their services to the customers and even pay the police bribes to allow it all to happen. However I do not see innocence with the young women. I do not see them forced except as being told if they wanted to work there then providing sex services is a condition of employment. Apparently the police also did not see them as forced and kept there without their wanting to be there or there would be kidnapping and many other charges laid out against the shop owner. Yes, it is illegal. Yes, it is immoral. But to say it is abuse would be incorrect without any kind of proof. also if you look at the charges made.. They say nothing about kidnapping or confinement of the young girls. So they clearly wanted to do this type of work and collect a large amount of money for themselves and their families. So how is this abuse? Any customers who knowingly engaged in paying for their sex was wrong as well and should be prosecuted as well. But what about those customers who did not know or ask for sex specifically with a underage girl? Asking for proof of age when getting a massage when it is customary in these types of massage business for the woman to make them excited and then offer sex services without telling the man their age so it should not make him guilty as well. Usually a 15, 16, 17 or 18 year old Thai girl looks older when wearing street clothes. Even I myself have was surprised at the similarities to them compared to their wearing school clothes. Catch them on the street in a mall or something and they could easily pass for 24 or 25. They dress the part and act it as well.
  13. Just in the Arizona grand jury just returned an indictment against the fake electors + a bonus trump named as a co conspirator.Im sure Cari flake…..lake will be frothing at the mouth soon!popcorn at the ready heck I might just have a barley pop!!
  14. If you and your wife agree on all settlement terms, fly to Thailand and do an uncontested divorce at the Amphur. Bring all your documents, get everything translated, and complete a Marital Settlement Agreement (pay an attorney to do it). You want an MSA because Amphur will use that instead of their standard documents, which take forever. Then, both can go to Ampur, register into the system, and proceed with the administrative divorce. To complete everything (because you don't have a Thai marriage) could take a week or two, but it is still far cheaper than hiring an attorney and processing a divorce in CA. If you choose to go the CA route, you can use her last residence for service, or if you can't find her (you must prove diligence to the court), you can serve by publishing in the local paper. I still think that administrative uncontested divorce in Thailand is less expensive and will be recognized in most states in the US.
  15. Maybe indicate that, as per several people reports, getting a TIN and being able to file a tax return is not 100% granted and at local TRD discretion.
  16. 'Medical Opium Dispensaries' soon to be on every street?
  17. Going to Africa and photographing giraffes in the wild. Any and all other species will be fab too, but the giraffe is #1. The trip was tentatively planned for this September, but now looking more likely next year.
  18. Thai Firms Collaborate to Develop Waste-to-Energy Power Plants Photo courtesy of Bangkok Post A consortium of Thai power and waste management companies intend to build 12 waste-to-energy power facilities and three refuse-derived fuel production plants. The move is part of the country’s effort to support bio, circular, and green economic strategies. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1325864-thai-firms-collaborate-to-develop-waste-to-energy-power-plants/
  19. They forget to say that the larger the room volume the more it will cost to cool. I have divided both our bedrooms Scandinavian style with glass wall dividers and a sliding door, so that one half holds the bed only and the other half holds the wardrobes etc. i.e. a dressing room and small sitting room. Therefore a much smaller volume to cool at night and during the day in the dressing/sitting room but still have the sensation of relative spaciousness. Each original bedroom was L6m x W3m x H3m. Our living room is huge and costs a fortune to cool during the day. Hence looking at getting solar panels for use during the day
  20. A consortium of Thai power and waste management companies intend to build 12 waste-to-energy power facilities and three refuse-derived fuel production plants. The move is part of the country’s effort to support bio, circular, and green economic strategies. Acting Managing Director of waste services company Earth Tech Environment, Supawat Khunvoravinij, stated that the goal is to create facilities capable of power generation while improving industrial waste management. He emphasised the pivotal role of these facilities in enhancing energy security and supporting governmental industrial waste management policies. Earth Tech Environment is collaborating with power producer Gulf Energy Development, waste recycling and power generation operator Waste Tech Exponential, and waste storage and transportation provider Better World Green, to develop these projects. A power purchase agreement has already been signed with the Provincial Electricity Authority, the nation’s state-run power distributor. The power facilities are expected to be operational within two years. Gulf and Earth Tech Environment will jointly fund and develop 10 waste-to-energy power plants, each with an 8-megawatt power capacity. The equally invested joint venture is projected to cost around 15 billion baht. Two more waste-fired power projects will be financed by Gulf (34%), Waste Tech Exponential (33%), and Earth Tech Environment (33%). Gulf and Better World Green will also develop three waste processing plants to furnish refuse-derived fuel for the power facilities. The construction costs of these facilities have not been disclosed. Supawat Khunvoravinij underscored the potential of using waste as fuel in reducing reliance on fossil fuels, a considerable contributor to climate change. Photo courtesy of Bangkok Post -- ASEAN NOW 2024-04-25 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  1. Load more activity