All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Think of all those coffins lined up in rows and almost all the deaths avoidable as down to stupidity😉
  3. Funny how some people on this site react and excuse Thai thuggish behaviour, isn't it. I wonder if he would be in danger of being attacked by a mob and stabbed if he honked someone in his own country.
  4. An off topic post with a trolling video contravening our Community Standards has been removed.
  5. I've used my horn about 3 times in years, Vietnam and India hell holes where all you can here is horns
  6. Not ashamed in the slightest, but I know that isn't a British accent you muppet 😊😊
  7. Re the jury selection. If enough folks cannot be 'accepted', what's the alternative? I'm assuming that somewhere in the relevant act there would be an alternative - all possibilities covered.
  8. BoE target inflation rate is 2%, with a 1% max divergence either side, so effectively anywhere between 1% and 3% is acceptable.
  9. From the whistleblower: “I viewed severe misalignments when the plane came together, which was remedied by using [an] unmeasured and unlimited amount of force to fit the misaligned holes and parts together. I literally saw people jumping on the pieces of the airplane to get them to align,” Salehpour said. I wonder where jumping up and down on the pieces would show up on the paperwork. They'd sure show up on a CCTV video. https://www.aerotime.aero/articles/boeing-whistleblower-salehpour-faa This whole case is about Boeing not following their own procedures. And the FAA letting them get away with it.
  10. Thanks, good information, and got me thinking. I hope they also reviewed the emergency response at the same time, as moving industries away from police, fire and ambulance stations will increase response times. It also makes it interesting for emergency/crisis planning, with the industrial areas having a high daytime (working) risk profile and lower at night, and the city having a different risk profile, say medium daytime (hospitals, commercial, care facilities) and high at night (residential). French firefighters (sapeurs-pompiers‘) in Paris (Army) and Marseille (Navy) are military, the rest of the country civilian, with about 75 % on call or volunteers, which would pose recruitment problems with a large work force away from the cities and towns, to do those part-time roles. Sorry was thinking out loud and typing at the same time, went off subject, but made me wonder, that it could never work in the UK, but maybe ok for thailand, as many workers are bused to factories from Pattaya and Sattahip everyday, just can’t see the enforcement side working.
  11. I was told Songkran day is on Friday 19th. So how come they already announced it's over? The one day when almost all shops are shut I believe.
  12. And so it’s ok to beat them up because they honked their horn? You're not in Kansas anymore, Dorothy. Foreigners best learn the lay of the land or risk being another news story. The Chinese government might intercede on the behalf of the horn honkers and some form of justice might be doled out. We will never know. One day last year I was on a songtaew on Soi Buakhao, in very heavy traffic. A Brit git on a scooter right behind us laid on his little horn; probably venting his frustration at not being able to get to the next watering hole before happy hour ended. A lady beside me asked rhetorically "why he do that? It's traffic". If he do that in the village he would be beaten, maybe killed". The Thais were probably at fault but the foreigner will always pay the price. I don't use my horn.
  13. You started the argument - I just made some observations - you seem to have a very low level of deduction. What are you implying? Lots of people drink og KT, but they don't suddenly disappear and turn up dead. However people are more likely to get into trouble with other people after drinking and KT is famous for suspicious deaths and poor police inbvestigations.
  14. I'm in the UK now and this is typical MSM gaslighting: 'Don't trust your own eyes or receipts!" Prices have doubled on average since the covid hoax of 2020 when they renamed the flu for 2 years and told everyone to stay home and went on their insane money printing binge. Blaming brexit is retarded.
  15. Why have so many falang law breakers recently had their uncensored photos published all over the media? The Swiss doctor kicker. The Kiwi brothers who manhandled a cop. The falang pooper in Bangkok Soi Nana. I'm sure there are plenty of others.
  16. The police wanted to see the Tabian Baan. In fact, my previous landlord attended in person when I did the first Red Book and my current/new landlord attended in person when I moved to his condo. Thus I’m wondering whether a landlord could, for example, inform the police about me having moved out. They still wouldn’t have physical access to my Red Book but not sure whether the CW IB would find it in their system at some point. Maybe someone knows.
  17. If confronting and shooting shooting a bloke who was engaged in a stabbing spree with a large knife is mundane I would hate to be in your neck of the woods when something "exciting" was happening. I do agree with you on their talent for de-escalating things, which is exactly what these police women did.
  18. Why do some call the two "victims" farang? Makes for a better comment if the facts are ignored perhaps?
  19. Overall, accurate information George. But it must be remembered that while Ammonia has a vapor density of 0.59 (air=1), when a release occurs in the presence of moisture such as rain or high humidity levels, the vapors can become heavier than air. Thanks for your comments and stay safe.
  20. https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/pensions/article-9803095/Is-UK-state-pension-REALLY-worst-rich-rival-countries.html EU is definitely not worse than the UK, most countries are ahead of the UK pension.
  21. Indeed. Red v Blue is just WWE for adults. It doesn't make any difference anyway - both will print $$$$ to keep the appearance of empire while the rest of the world quietly shifts to a gold standard. If US boomers are lucky they'll die before it all falls apart. In case you're not aware, the US is currently printing 1 TRILLION DOLLARS (that's 1 million x 1 millions) from thin air every 100 days to 'keep the show on the road' https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/01/the-us-national-debt-is-rising-by-1-trillion-about-every-100-days.html It will work until it doesn't. In the meantime enjoy the show ya'll!
  22. I don't see much effort involved in actioning a VPN, do you? If you can open an email (or thread on AN) then you can open a VPN setting. It's hardly a frustrating experience.
  23. The banning of vapes in Thailand must only be related to the Tabaco taxes going into certain pockets. Everyone knows this. I would say that vaping is only bad because it lets you smoke better, cleaner, cheaper and much more convenient. That said, it's easy to smoke more leading to long term addiction, the same goes for cannabis. I do have some portable vapes that last me almost a year, just for backups on trips, but no way it beats dry herb vaporizers like the dynavap that I have learned. When vaporizing, the herbs are only baked at high temperature, enough to release the compounds, but not enough to burn it to ashes going to your lungs. There is no burnt substrates, only pure extraction that provide exceptional flavors, and best of all, it extends my flower reserve because I now smoke 1/4 of what I used to do. After I discovered herb vaporizer method, I have not lit a joint since a year! But... vapes uses oil and concentrates, and I do know that there are some really crappy low quality vapes out there.
  1. Load more activity