All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. He's lucky they even showed up. From experience and reports from Thai friends, if it's a small matter and there is no option to make any money 99% of the time they dont show up. We had an issue with a drunk neighbor banging on our door all night so my wife called 3 different police offices and nobody showed up.
  3. Just slap some random photo on the news story ... that's the ticket.
  4. Universal list: Docs Extension of Stay based on Thai spouse.odt
  5. As indicated in my previous post, I received the endorsed email (step 5) and need to update information (step 6). I sent the BOI an email asking about the latest I can arrive in BKK in order to comply with the +60 days requirement if paying in BKK. The BOI response said since I haven't updated my information the clock hasn't started yet. I hope the endorsed status means my income and medical insurance are good to go, so the only thing I need to update is my projected arrival in BKK date and desired appointment date. The BOI response also confirmed if paying for e-visa than there is no deadline on my arrival in country.
  6. Apart from all that, are you happy to be here?
  7. This sounds like something the left wing democrats would reinstate. Its always about regulation and control with the dems. They just cannot let anything alone.
  8. OK, I have a definition. Anyone that you see on a motorbike in Thailand is not intelligent, rather stupid in many ways. Therefore, if you do not ride a motorbike in Thailand, you are intelligent. Hows that for a definition.
  9. Poor ol Gamma, makes a half decent topic and gets taken apart. An AI construct though he/she/they may be, but it is still probably more authentic than 90% of the <deleted> on this domain.
  10. He selectively enforced the law, stamping on areas where he got nothing in the form of kickbacks, as they all do, and ignoring the areas that pay well, such as online gambling. Now, when he clamped on the money exchanging hands at Immigration, this was the usual new brush sweeping clean, because Immigration was what he was tasked with, and he had just become the new boss there. So, it's smoke and mirrors, making a fanfare to the press of what you are doing in your new position, whilst taking full advantage of corruption you are not tasked with.
  11. No, because when the permit of stay is approved and issued, it will be backdated to the expiry date of the previous permit.
  12. This just in: Trump's appeal of the 83.3 million dollar judgement has been rejected. Kind of got lost amongst all the other Trump legal matters. I wonder if he's tired of all the winning yet. https://www.axios.com/2024/04/25/trumps-appeal-e-jean-carroll-rejected
  13. Just shooting them like a running elk to avoid damaging nature
  14. enjoy https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/travel-guide-a-brief-history-of-the-sex-industry-in-thailand
  15. Well, the girlfriend and daughter wanted to travel to central Pattaya to see "6000" american "army" guys (I suppose Thai news) and instead I took them for a drive on Jomtien beach, where we were behind a songteow with some fairly obvious american sailors with open bottles enjoying Thailand. Restrictions? I think not!
  16. When did the first sex-tourists show up to Thailand?
  17. You already know I’m not normal. I actually agree for a change with most of your post. But please don’t show your bum.
  18. Fake news. In 2010, 50% of UK pensioners pay tax. Now about 66% of you lot in the UK pay tax. Pensions are taxable income. People just make up cobblers to suit their own prejudices. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/11/23/pensioners-paying-more-income-tax/
  19. Well you would have thought wrong! This one is inert!
  20. Once again, I left Phuket and then returned to Phuket, this time after a 6-week visit to New Zealand and Australia (myself having an LTR-WP visa). Again - I did not spot a 'Fast Track' line in Phuket airport immigration (at arrivals), but I was with my Thai wife, so we entered the Thai line area, which again had no one waiting in line. The foreigner line thou was not as bad this time, maybe only a 5 to 10 minute wait for any in the foreigner line. There were two booths side by side for the Thai line, and I went through one and my wife through the other booth. The IO looked at my LTR visa, looked again, and then looked again, then looked again. Then they knocked on the glass window to another adjacent IO booth (likely a more experienced IO in that booth) and showed them through the glass my LTR visa stamp. The IO in the other booth stated "LTR" plus some Thai, and that IO quickly came around to the booth where I was waiting, and gave the IO in my booth, what I believe to be some instructions. The IO in the booth where I was waiting then very carefully stamped my entry into Thailand, and hand filled in the 'permission to stay' date (which was the same date as my previous permission to stay date ... just 4 years from now). When I received my passport back, I took a quick look, confirmed the 'permission to stay date' was correct, and I gave the IO a polite wai, to which he wai'd back ... and I was through immigration. It was a bit slow for me to go through as it appears the Phuket IOs still are not all that familiar with the LTR visa. Still there was a very good level of politeness and effort to be professional. I am happy how the entry went. .
  21. She explain the start of sex tourism in Pattaya in the video. The soldiers on holiday created a good business opportunity for women. So basically vietnam war was the beginning of sex tourism
  22. No doubt about it! Someone has to pay for all the foreign aid. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bidens-capital-gains-tax-proposal-could-have-major-economic-impact-experts-say
  1. Load more activity