All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I have a similar problem with a 15 year old Toshiba that still works fine. I tie a bungee cord around the handle and the use the hook end tightly on the backside.
  3. Thai drivers very often cut in front of me on the roads, exactly like this Benz did, most likely hoping that I will notice them and brake before I hit them.
  4. No need for roaming just turn on WiFi. When you are in the coffee shop etc, ask the girl for password, she will find their WiFi on your phone and type in the password for you.
  5. Some great news for you TBL!! Former President of the International Court of Justice Joan O’Donoghue comments on the ruling of the court regarding South Africa’s allegations against Israel: The International Court of Justice“ did not decide that the claim of genocide was plausible.” New topic Former ICJ President clarifies court's ruling on South Africa's case against Israel https://aseannow.com/topic/1325978-former-icj-president-clarifies-courts-ruling-on-south-africas-case-against-israel
  6. Healthcare in Thailand isn't as cheap as it's made out to be, maybe only if you're American. I have 2 old friends who are back in the UK now, one in Liverpool, for cancer treatment. An old Irish friend had cancer treatment in Bumrungrad that cost £38,000, how many expats have that much spare cash? Another (very wealthy) friend made around 5 million Baht on a property, he ended up giving all of that to B'grad, according to a mutual friend. Ciggies in Cambodia are way cheaper than in Thailand. Half a draft lager 50 cents in PP (is that about 18 Baht?), where will you get that in Thailand? Many expats are counting every penny. Visas are also way easier in Cambodia,
  7. I have a Telstra work iPhone I put it on to roaming but it seems not to work Can I use this phone here for wifi if I can switch anything? Any buttons I can push? Or I need wifi?
  8. Exactly the jammed traffic mess, what happened to Bang San beach for Thais? .And the buses. And it's encouraged by city hall with these endless happy sh*t events along Pattaya and Jomtien beach. Then the endless road works. And worst of all these bogus contractor - kickback concrete the beach "improvements"
  9. I’m sure China is buying oil at a deep discount it will be difficult for them to stop.perhaps the threat of lost trade revenues with the USA and Europe could snuff it out they obviously won’t do it to be supporting a free Ukraine 🇺🇦
  10. April and May alone have the same amount of holidays many countries have in one year. What is the productivity level of Thai workers? Just waiting for the next holiday to put on their credit cards. Stupid.
  11. Can't get much clearer than that: Former President of the International Court of Justice Joan O’Donoghue comments on the ruling of the court regarding South Africa’s allegations against Israel: The International Court of Justice“ did not decide that the claim of genocide was plausible.” "The short hand that often appears that there is a plausible case of genocide isn't what the Court decided." It is time for all these @UN_SPExperts and @UN officials to stop spreading misinformation.
  12. I'm not a WiFi guy these days, just using the 4 and 5G cellular but I'd avoid the free WiFi if you want fast. I see that you visit coffee shops and massage places, ask for their WiFi password next time.
  13. Its ability to think for yourself. take Biden supporters for example. Zero intelligence. Anyone who can support that is obviously not capable of thinking on their own terms. All they do is ingest what others spoon feed them. That’s lack of intelligence
  14. Not just a typical Brit but a typical western lady. Since we let them out of the kitchen they have gone berserk.That is why most of us are over here.
  15. Are these old diesel pick-ups converted to electric? If so I reckon they will be landfill in less than 12 months.
  16. Prob have the part you need on lazada. Cheap too I’m sure. It doesn’t seem like it would be a difficult repair.
  17. Chonburi Immigration Office Announces Holiday Closures in May Picture courtesy Chonburi Immigration The Chonburi Immigration Office has released its schedule for the upcoming public holidays in May, detailing its closures for several key dates in the month. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1326032-chonburi-immigration-office-announces-holiday-closures-in-may/
  18. Picture courtesy Chonburi Immigration The Chonburi Immigration Office has released its schedule for the upcoming public holidays in May, detailing its closures for several key dates in the month. The closure days include May 4th to 6th for the Coronation Day and its substitution day, as well as May 10th to 12th for the Royal Ploughing Ceremony Day and its substitution day. The office will also be closed on May 22nd for Visakha Bucha Day. On Visakha Bucha Day, there will also be a ban on alcohol sales and venues selling alcohol such as bars will be closed. Restaurants will also not be permitted to sell alcohol on this day. However, the immigration office will operate normally on the National Labor Day, which will be observed on May 1st. -- 2024-04-27 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  19. I think their is a difference between intelligent and smart. Smart is better and more appealing. Thai bargirls are smart.
  20. Former International Court of Justice President Joan Donoghue has clarified the misunderstanding surrounding the court's ruling on South Africa's case against Israel. In an interview with BBC's HARDtalk, Donoghue addressed the misconception that the ICJ had determined a plausible case of genocide against Palestinians. "It did not decide, and this is something where I'm correcting something that's often said in the media. It did not decide that the claim of genocide was plausible." Donoghue emphasized that the court's ruling acknowledged the Palestinians' right to be protected from genocide and recognized South Africa's right to present this claim. However, she clarified that the court did not conclude that the claim of genocide was plausible. Rather, the ruling highlighted the risk to the Palestinian right to be protected from genocide. "The shorthand that often appears, which is that there's a plausible case of genocide, isn't what the court decided." She expressed disappointment with the events that followed the court's order but refrained from commenting on Israel's compliance, as it is currently being addressed by the court. Donoghue noted that she couldn't comment on Israel's report on compliance because it had not been made public, suggesting that lawyers in Israel were in the best position to ensure compliance. Regarding Israel's planned invasion of Rafah, Donoghue explained that the court had not explicitly ruled on military operations in Gaza. While the ongoing operation itself may not violate the court's order, threats of further military action prompted South Africa to seek additional measures from the court. When asked about the impact of Israel's non-compliance on the ICJ's credibility, Donoghue acknowledged that it might raise concerns. However, she emphasized that the international law community typically takes a broader, long-term view of such issues. She highlighted the understanding that courts contribute to addressing problems but cannot solve them entirely, as they are just one part of the broader international infrastructure. Donoghue's remarks shed light on the nuanced nature of the ICJ's ruling and the complexities surrounding compliance with international law in cases of conflict and human rights violations. 2024-04-27 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  21. A new study highlights a concerning trend of Christian students feeling like outsiders and some converting to Islam in a bid to fit in. The study, conducted by the Criminal Research Institute of Lower Saxony, sheds light on the challenges posed by cultural integration and the influence of Islamic values among students. According to the study, a staggering 67.8% of surveyed students believe that the Koran holds more significance than German laws. Additionally, nearly half of the students (45.6%) view Islamic theocracy as the ideal form of governance. These findings underscore a growing acceptance of Islamic principles among students, with many attributing their views to the influx of Muslim immigrants and the prevalence of strictly religious families from countries like Syria, Afghanistan, and Iraq. The study also reveals troubling attitudes towards violence and non-Muslims among some Muslim students. Shockingly, more than a third (35.3%) expressed understanding towards violence against those who insult Allah or Prophet Mohammed. Furthermore, a significant percentage (21.2%) believe that the perceived threat to Islam justifies violent retaliation from Muslims. The emergence of what the study describes as "parallel societies" within schools, where Muslim students assume dominant roles, adds another layer of complexity to the situation. Male Muslim students, in particular, are described as sometimes resorting to intimidation and violence to enforce adherence to Islamic rules, especially among their female peers. Politicians and experts have expressed alarm at the study's findings, emphasizing the need for robust political education and democracy-building initiatives in schools. There are calls for greater scrutiny of Islamist propaganda on social media platforms like TikTok, which is seen as playing a role in shaping the views of impressionable students. The study has prompted calls for urgent action to address the spread of Islamist ideologies in schools and to reinforce democratic values and principles. In response to the study, politicians and education officials have underscored the importance of promoting democracy education and countering extremist narratives in schools. There is consensus that a proactive approach is needed to address the underlying factors driving the acceptance of radical ideologies among some students. Ultimately, there is a collective determination to uphold German values and ensure that all students feel included and respected in the school environment. 2024-04-27 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  22. Now Thaksin and PT have joined the conservative parties, there's no place for anti establishment viewpoints on their station, so time to close it down. Not with a bang, but with a whimper.
  23. The tragic death of Frank Tyson in police custody in Canton, Ohio, has sparked outrage and renewed calls for accountability in law enforcement. Tyson's final moments were captured on bodycam footage released by the local police department, revealing disturbing details of his arrest and subsequent demise. The sequence of events leading to Tyson's death began with officers responding to reports of a single-car accident involving Tyson. Upon locating him in a bar after he allegedly fled the scene, officers Beau Schoenegge and Camden Burch proceeded to arrest him. The bodycam footage shows Tyson repeatedly expressing distress, stating "I can't breathe" as the officers restrained and handcuffed him. Despite Tyson's pleas for help, the officers continued to pin him to the ground, with one kneeling on his back for a brief period. As the minutes passed, Tyson's cries grew faint until he fell silent. It wasn't until nearly five minutes after his last words that an officer checked Tyson for a pulse, realizing he had none. The subsequent attempts at CPR were futile, as Tyson had already passed away by the time the ambulance arrived. The tragic incident has raised significant concerns about the use of force by law enforcement officers and their response to individuals in distress. Tyson's family, devastated by his sudden death, has called for a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding his arrest and subsequent demise. Mayor William Sherer II has pledged transparency in the investigation, which is being handled by the Bureau of Criminal Investigations. The incident has drawn parallels to the killing of George Floyd in police custody, which sparked widespread protests and renewed scrutiny of police practices. Tyson's death serves as a grim reminder of the ongoing struggle for justice and accountability in cases of police brutality, particularly against marginalized communities. As calls for justice echo across the nation, the Canton Police Department faces mounting pressure to address systemic issues and ensure that such tragedies are not repeated in the future. 2024-04-27 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  24. The emergence and spread of bird flu, particularly the highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI), have caused significant devastation to wildlife populations worldwide. Originating from China's Guangdong region in 1996, the virus has rapidly spread across the globe, affecting both wild and farmed birds, as well as other mammal species. The current outbreak of HPAI has been characterized by its ability to infect various species of birds and mammals, including humans. While human cases have been relatively few, the virus has demonstrated a high mortality rate among those infected, 50% of people known to become infected have died. Additionally, the impact on animal populations has been staggering, with millions of birds estimated to have died since the virus was first identified. The spread of bird flu to different regions and species has been facilitated by various factors, including migratory patterns of wild birds and the expansion of poultry farming. The increase in global poultry populations has created opportunities for the virus to mutate and spread more easily, posing a threat to both human and animal health. Efforts to control the spread of bird flu include surveillance, biosecurity measures on farms, and vaccination of poultry in high-risk areas. However, challenges remain, including trade barriers related to vaccinated flocks and the need for better surveillance and early detection of the virus. The impact of bird flu on wildlife has been profound, with significant population declines observed in various species. Conservation efforts are underway to monitor the spread of the virus and mitigate its effects on vulnerable populations. Ultimately, addressing the threat of bird flu requires a multi-faceted approach that includes measures to reduce the spread of the virus, protect vulnerable species, and address broader environmental and human health issues. By understanding the factors driving the spread of bird flu and implementing effective strategies to control it, we can work towards minimizing its impact on both wildlife and humans. 2024-04-27 Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  1. Load more activity