All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I can't imagine how someone can be married and be willing to live in another country away from their wife. Of course you can come back, just keep your Non O visa by paying for a reentry permit and come back to make sure you do the annual extensions.
  3. I'm just going by the information on the UK government's website about which countries want which licence and that information says 1968. https://www.gov.uk/driving-abroad/international-driving-permit To be honest, it would be a fair bet that 99% of Thai police have no idea which licence they are looking at. You could probably print your own 😁
  4. Send her to Pattaya, she will fit in very very well. We welcome her with open arms, and hopefully, with her legs wide open.
  5. There are too many low class tourists. They should do what Bhutan does and charge a per day fee. If you want to visit Bhutan, you have to pay US$200 per day for the visa.
  6. Ignoring the DUI debate... as you claim when you drive you are not over the limit anyway.... But there is one valid point made - Are you sure ? If you only ever have one or two beers, then you can be fairly sure you are under the limit - but as another poster mentioned, on 'those' TV shows, people always say "but I only had one"... and of course we know they are lying, so as long as you are not lying to yourself, then you should be good to go. First things first: At a check point, the way to behave is to be open and honest - Turn on your interior lights, open your windows, allow them to see you clearly.... this will usually be enough for them to wave you straight through - nothing to see here. BUT... If at a check-point you are stopped and a Policeman does smell beer on your breath they will question you... next you will be breathalysied... You have nothing to worry about as you are 'under' the limit right, cos you haven't had more than 2 beer, right ? No need for lawyers etc... they'll let you go as you are under the limit. The only other concern is if they don't have the breathalyser but the 'wand' thingy (which they used to have) which measures for the presence of alcohol rather than the amount - if that flags, then you'll be breathalysed at the station, but first you'll have a long wait as the BiB think they have caught a shark... so you'll be hanging around while they play games and demand certain amounts from you, threaten you with jail etc etc... (they want the money of course)... eventually, when they are ready to take you back to the station and breathalyse you officially they'll do so, at which point, you already know are under the limit, cos you only had 2 beers, right ?
  7. No I'm not. For example, it's gonna take the Chinese a very very long time to break-even on their B&R initiative. In the long run no doubt infrastructures make a profit but you gotta be patient.
  8. Its called 'All on 4'. or 5 or 6 They take out all your teeth, insert 4, 5 or 6 implant posts then affix a full row of teeth to the posts. Google All on 4 Bangkok or check these links https://bangkokdentalcenter.com/dental-services/dental-implants/all-on-4/ https://www.bfcdental.com/en/treatments/all-on-4/
  9. Educating oneself doesn't mean reading opinion pieces in US newspaper :D :D
  10. My fiancée did it...I'd be amazed if it's not iron clad, she doesn't take prisoners when it comes to her kids!
  11. ‘Moving Backward’: In Xi’s China, Some See an Era of Total Control - The New York Times (nytimes.com) China: Totalitarianism’s Long Shadow | Journal of Democracy How China Is on the Verge of Totalitarianism 2.0 | National Security College (anu.edu.au) Opinion | China isn’t just ‘authoritarian’ any more. It’s scarier. - The Washington Post
  12. Isn't that the point of the police visits? The ensure correct documentation. If a foreigner, renting a car or motorbike, is caught in breach of the law, the rental company will be open to prosecution.
  13. Yes, time is tight. I'm hoping 6 months will give us a good indication whether or not they will cope, and if so we can crack on with a family visa application with a view to them moving to the UK for the next school year. If not plan B is for them to stay in Thailand until the eldest has gone to university and think about moving over with just the youngest, although maybe the eldest will be able to come on a student visa.
  14. Don't forget Myanmar. Xi's expansionism under the guise of economic assistance.
  15. Discussion is fine, specifics are and always have been the "no go" as in, how much with who and where.
  16. Everything after the 1st sentence is wrong. Thailand DID ratify the 1968 Vienna Treaty on May 1st, 2020 Parties to 1968 Vienna Convention The link is to the current United Nations Treaty Database When Thailand ratified the 1968 Treaty they did not cancel their participation in the 1949 Treaty. Parties to 1949 Geneva Convention The link is also to the current United Nations Treaty Database Look it up
  17. Wow, boomers really get wound up over the smallest thing. Some great pics there of old Songkran!
  18. Already ordered one from Lazada, not one of the cheaper models. Thanks for your input!
  19. There are really good schools in MY. Any so-called International school in Thailand (Bangkok according to my experience) is just a rich kids social club. For example KIS >>> there no Toyotas at parking lot. Figures... Bright kids at Thai Universities (not MBA, Design or Arts or such, real science) don't come from posh venues like Regent, Berkley and similar. IMO kids should stay with their parents at least until 18. Heard so many sad stories about kids sent to "foreign land" alone. Even to AU. Should avoid UK - too much of "freedom". Another option to get ironclad education is SG, but financially is quite heavy.
  20. Indeed. With the frond cover from the palms, the sun don't get through too much. So evaporation is minimal. I'll have a good look on Thursday. Ban Dung tomorrow. Weekly shop.
  21. Hi, I know Berkeley School can offer a 50% discount on tuition fees if you register your child under their foreign passport for certain nationalities. I have also seen comments on here on older threads that some other International schools may also offer similar discounts. Does anybody know of other Schools in Bangkok that do/might?
  22. Better to cut it up and don't get a new one. Use QR codes for payments and cardless withdrawal for cash.
  23. Older Western women from the UK are heading to The Gambia, Kenya, Tunisia etc and it ain't for the beaches.
  1. Load more activity