All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Attached is a photo of my 2023 Honda Click 160 at a gas pump on Phuket last May (pre suspension upgrade). I'm based in Pattaya and have toured all over the country on this scooter. Last month was a ride to Chantaburi, Buri Ram, Surin, Roi Et, Phitsanulok, Chiang Mai, Mae Hong Son Loop but detoured down to Mae Sot, Ayutthaya, and back to Pattaya. Also a few trips south, as far as Krabi. I rode to Chantaburi along the coast of Rayong on Monday and returned to Pattaya the next day, just for a change of scenery. The suspension has been upgraded to the stiffest YSS front and rear springs, which is the only way I could have done the recent tour. The stock front suspension bottomed out too easily and I wasn't confident going hard into curves with it. No bottoming out with the new suspension. The odometer just rolled over 16,000 km (since Valentine's Day 2023) and it was in storage for 3 months last year. I had the front and rear pads/shoes replaced today for 550 baht at Mityon. The average fuel consumption on the long trips is fairly consistent @ 46km/l. The seat is the Achilles heel of this machine on long rides. Why do I tour on a 160? I love small displacement motorcycles. Touring on a 350 or larger bike would be much faster and more comfortable, but it's a different trip. Thai people talk to me when I'm stopped at a red light with them. On Monday night in Chantaburi a pickup loaded with durian rolled down the window and two lovely young women engaged me in conversation, thankfully in English, whilst waiting for the light to turn. A big bike wouldn't have fit into that space and a pleasant interaction would have been missed. The bike will go 90 all day, and 110 if I want to torture it, but I often find myself going slower and stopping to look at interesting things along the way. It's fun to ride slowly on back roads through villages. On a big bike I'd be doing 140 in the fast lane all day. I know myself.
  3. Immigration is the key word. The American people have been paying for his time in America so yes it affects the economy as in higher taxes so Biden can continue the free medical, housing and topping off their debit cards. I realize my post upset a liberal but try to get over it. Of course you are free to post wherever you want but are you American? If not, perhaps you can offer your advice on your country’s issues. I’m sure they will appreciate it.
  4. You are posting untrue things , misinformation . Your second sentence is completely wrong . 30 000 Palestinians have supposedly died in total , that figure includes 13 000 Hamas terrorists and those killed by Hamas friendly fire . 30 000 is the total deaths , terrorists included in that figure
  5. They are much more likely to be smelling my fear from what has been deposited in the back of my shorts rather than from my bare leg....
  6. That is the first what I do when I see a red light in front of me. Look in the mirror. Can I brake without anybody bumping into me?
  7. I don't think the protesters support Hamas as they have proven themselves to be a nasty lot murdering 1500 Jews. The problem is with the Israeli response killing over 30,000 Palestinians mostly women and children.
  8. What's this got to do with the topic of this thread which is: The economy is roaring. Immigration is a key reason.
  9. Could it be that weed helps people divorce themselves from materialistic culture? Keep up with the Joneses. Why? Also poverty you can't beat the tax advantages.
  10. Agent visa but he was up in Korat in person att Uni and immi for the stamp . . look legit but hm. . . yes denied entry. . .can come back with TR.
  11. Another day in Bidens America. If anyone lives in Virginia, BOLO! https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fairfax-county-va-repeatedly-released-honduran-charged-sex-crimes-ignored-ice-detainer-request-feds
  12. When someone takes their anger out on you, it can be very hurtful and confusing. You may wonder what you did wrong or how you can make them stop. However, you should know that their anger is most definately not your fault, and you don’t have to tolerate their abusive behavior. Here are some tips for navigating other people’s misplaced gormless anger and protecting yourself in the process: Stay Calm and Composed and happy: When someone redirects their anger and frustration at you, remain polite but detached. Say something like, “I understand you’re splendidly upset over frozen pension, but there’s no need for hostility.” If they continue raging, remove yourself from the interaction. You don’t need to subject yourself to abuse. Remember It’s Not About You: Their anger usually isn’t about you. React with empathy and compassion. Say, “It seems like you’re going through a horribly money-less frustrating time. I’m sorry to hear that dickhead.” Your level-headedness may help them gain perspective and calm down. Avoid Defensiveness: Don’t make excuses or get defensive. Remain neutral. If an apology is warranted later, offer a sincere one. But in the heat of the moment, stay centered. Seek Support: Get them tot talk to a friend or family member to decompress. Their anger and insults say more about them which is true " thick as pig<deleted> comes to mind", so don’t internalize them. Release any negative feelings so you can remain detached and happy with your unfrozen pension well done, and in control of your own reactions. Remember, you deserve utter respect and kindness, even when the dickhead frozen pensioners display are struggling desperately with their emotions1.
  13. While the idea is sound, the problem is that a lot of people don't spend their money, but rather save it. It's like "trickle-down economics", the idea is that the more money business people have, the more they will spend on employing people (hence we should give them tax-breaks). The problem is that when business people make more money, rather than growing their business and passing that money onto their employees, they hoard it.
  14. Yeah, in a different country, different road conditions, different weather conditions , DIFFERENT CAR! At least no one was hurt or injured - as could quite easily have happened if the conditions had made him VEER off in a different direction. And I have lived here for nearly 20 years and seen idiotic driving at its best/worst, but I don't know the full story - or do you, and the fact that it didn't affect anyone else is irrelevant, and to call him "total loser" is IMHO inappropriate when you don't know the facts. To digress slightly, I had a guy overtake me on my motor bike today on the way to my local Tesco Lotus, (Topless "Farang" on a "Big Bike with no helmet -you know the type!) who had his right hand indicator flashing as if he was turning right (as you would expect!) But no, he VEERS left causing me to brake suddenly, and he cuts in front of a car who is also turning right - causing him to brake suddenly, and accelerates rapidly to the LEFT, while his indicator is still flashing RIGHT! Now THAT is a loser who should end up facing a hefty fine, but no, it ain't gonna happen because "The Plod" are nowhere to be seen, and if they were, it would involve taking witness statements, checking CCTV cameras that "no work", and who gives a f**k anyway - it's too hot to get upset - "Chill man" - TIT!"!
  15. Well for some reason they appointed Srettha as Finance Minister in addition to PM. He's now revealing his level of absolute genius. Always a visionary move to stimulate the economy with more debt.
  16. If you live in Bangkok then yes, but if you don't then the additional 6,000 THB agency fees are probably worth it to save the expense/hassle of 2 trips to Bangkok.
  17. Glad to hear you got it attended to, and in time.
  18. You know you are in Thailand when you go through a red light and look in your mirror and see three guys come through behind you.
  19. You’re on a roll Joe. Keep it up! Just don’t keel over until November. We don’t want Giggles (Harris) taking over. https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-mocked-admitting-cant-trusted-latest-gaffe-agreed-joe
  20. Corruption and extortion within the RTP, this is absolutely extraordinary news. Maybe we should get big joke involved, oh I forgot he's corrupt as the rest of them. Let's get some convictions and lock these guys up. Oh, I forgot, they are above the law.
  21. I'm pretty sure none of my 4 tickets was issued in CM province. That is the most logical reason that I've had no issue at DLT with insurance and registration.
  22. I have a fairly high-end Panasonic Inverter in my bedroom and it's absolutely fantastic, best AC I've ever used.
  1. Load more activity