All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Could it have anything to do with cleaner air than in the north? Pay attention government.
  3. Southeast Asian Journalists Unite Against Corruption by Krajangwit Johjit BANGKOK (NNT) - Investigative journalists from seven Southeast Asian countries converged in Manila on March 19-20 to form a coalition against corruption in the region, addressing corruption that stifles sustainable development despite economic growth. Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1323570-southeast-asian-journalists-unite-against-corruption/
  4. Time is essential for us humans, because we have limited time on this planet to do something for our self and close ones. Time is everything
  5. BANGKOK (NNT) - Investigative journalists from seven Southeast Asian countries converged in Manila on March 19-20 to form a coalition against corruption in the region, addressing corruption that stifles sustainable development despite economic growth. The event, which saw participation from Thailand, The Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Timor-Leste, Laos, and Cambodia, highlighted concerns about slow responses to corrupt practices and the challenge of improving governance in rapidly growing economies with increasing foreign direct investments. Transparency International's 2023 Corruption Perceptions Index revealed varying levels of corruption across these countries, with Singapore ranking the highest and Myanmar unfortunately the lowest in the region. Investigative journalists face numerous hurdles, including access to information, regulatory pushbacks, and ensuring the safety of their sources. To combat these challenges, participants advocated for enhanced legal protections for information freedom, increased inter-journalist collaboration, and better cyber protection. The meeting culminated in the establishment of the Journalists Against Corruption (JAC) network, aimed at fostering regional collaboration among journalists to uncover corruption stories and providing support and protection for those involved in such investigations. by Krajangwit Johjit Source: NNT 2024-03-29 - Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here. Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
  6. Mr Sittra claims that the network generates ฿100 million a month from criminal activities across the kingdom much more for sure. I would guess 100 million USD a month
  7. The waste material ..will go where .... side of the road regards Worgeordie
  8. Not to mention their writers - but a bit too complex for a site like this one (?)
  9. The issue is what the law is or isn't, not how the Revenue might find out about people who are trying to fly under the radar.
  10. Time is esential for all technology we are depending on our daily lives, and are influenced by earths change in rotation 🤓
  11. Oftentimes skin issues e.g. atopic dermatitis, eczema, etc. are triggered by environmental, medicinal, or foods and it's a matter of thresholds. I can drink a beer or two. Any more than 2 every 5 days and I get a reaction on the back of my hands. An allergist did some tests and found that the lead content in hops trigger my hypersensitivity to minute amount of ingested lead. If I stop drinking beer the outbreak slowly leaves in a few days. Some beers react more than others with my sensitivity. China's "Harbin" beer, which I like with spicy foods, reacts after 1 beer. Try to be mindful of what may trigger the breakout unless it's purely genetic. I found an OTC balm that is very helpful for me albeit a lot more expensive than what is recommended for 25 baht. I have wasted money on Protopic, steroids, calcineurin inhibitors, coal tar, and vitamin D analogues with very little efficacy. I tried this cream recommended by the Singapore Skin Centre and it is very helpful, "SUU BALM". I bought it in a Bangkok pharmacy but it is available on Lazada and Shoppee. I also use it as an aftershave balm as it has menthol and 5 ceramides, among other no nonsense ingredients, which makes sense to me as an aftershave. SUU cream costs about 600 baht per tube. A small pea sized amount goes a long way. Best of luck in finding relief. Cheers
  12. Yeah, I kind of avoided that more because the Big Bike gets me out in front of anyone else much quicker, and I could then find open space to keep a cushion between them and myself. Though I would try to ride when things aren't congested, if it is, I just drive the car instead.
  13. Different strokes for different folks. I have ne reason not to wish those leaving well in their lives.
  14. After gambling there is one more legalization left and then watch the coffers fill up. They just have to figure out a cheat proof system on how to collect from the service providers.
  15. ... and the beat goes on .... and the beat goes on .... Nothing new to see here, it will pass . ..
  16. A ticket with photo should have been sent to the registered owners registered address, is the vehicle registered to you current address
  17. At least the Brits can still afford to go on holiday. Unlike the Germans. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2024/03/24/germanys-moribund-economy-faces-years-of-stagnation/ Brexit doesn't seem to be going too well for the Germans. Perhaps they should have offered us a sensible deal to stay?
  18. That is incorrect guidance and is highly inappropriate! The basic deductions for an over 65 year old are 190k for over age 65 years plus 60k personal allowance. There is also a zero tax rated band of 150k. If the difference between those two allowances and the 500k you mention is derived from ANY source that is not covered by a DTA and/or is taxed at a lower rate in the home country than it is in Thailand, the income is assessable to Thai tax. Not registering for a TIN and not filing taxes to declare that income, assuming the person was Thai tax resident, means that person is guilty of tax evasion for which there are harsh penalties.
  19. I too had my 90 day report rejected , also on the email it said my last address was at some Condo in Chiang Mai , ...I have never been to that Condo or know anything about it ... So what I did was to reapply to the new TM30 ,I had already done that but thought it was best to do again , reported again ,next day it was granted , everything OK regards Worgeordie
  1. Load more activity