All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Bring back the Krays, E. London would be very different. I thought I was Bangladesh when staying at IBIS Whitechapel!
  3. We've got one in our village with a long hose so people can easily fill a big tank whilst it's still on the motorcycle. We stopped using it after seeing people give the local dogs a drink from the hose.
  4. A pair of off-topic trolling posts have been removed.
  5. Yes, there are always going to be accidents over long holiday periods that involve a lot of drinking.
  6. So true. It could have been caused by licking a finger that was somewhere unfortunate. I've had 2 bouts of serious food poisoning- one was from a Maccers in NZ, and the other from an upmarket restaurant in Bkk.
  7. Phuket not the place to be.. and investments in tourist should have been made already many years ago....
  8. And? I thought I said, we both benefit from each other, so I see no controversy about my posts. There have to be a balance, and especially when we have a farm together all in her name, she and her parents have to contribute, and when me and my wife travelling more than 6 months a year, everything is covered without me spending all my savings on them. Im going to be the first who pack my bags and leave, if I feel Im going to be taken for a ride. And I think most miss out on that one, because they invested to much feelings, and money, and therefor do not see a way out. Thats a problem for many expats in Asia. I still have a life at my orign country.
  9. Again that Reuters report dated 4 April.
  10. I actually tested how long it took for the heat to penetrate the cement tiles vs the Thai conventional fibro tiles and metal deck sheeting, cement tiles took the longest. I don't know how you believe it to be any different, nothing to do with weight or heaviness, it's to do with the thickness of the tile and what it's made of.
  11. Oh look, the odd-ball nosey bloke is back asking daft questions...........🤣 Hey, OB, why not ask TT..............😂
  12. Same every year, after the revelry of Songran comes the grim news of how many people have lost their lives on the nation's roads, and next year will be the same, and the next and next...
  13. Makes sense considering that they aren't even licensed to do business in NY. Hard to believe what Knight says considering the owners support for Trump.
  14. don't worry, according to the tv show ''3 Body Problem'', the aliens will be here in 400 years and they have promised to do away with taxes (and anyone bugging you) completely. and thanks for all of the research, Mike.
  15. That Reuters report dated April 4 -- the Judge has a 'show cause' to AG James order on that 22 April hearing as of 16 April.
  16. you have got a few things mixed up in that post, so apart from the Samui reference the only deaths that were not normal were Hannah & David. scuba accident and a drowning while snorkeling are hardly proof of a dodgy Island, the others in your post are not worth commenting on, they have been argued to death on here, no pun intended! The 2 rich Indians, well, the were traveling with some serious medical equipment, so one of them (he) i believe had health issues. there are i personally knew Buro, Tony and Neil, nothing suspicious about their death what so ever..... if you are her and know the facts, not 5000 miles away making up stories to slander the island due to a personal grudge.. i'm pretty sure you could make a list from any holiday destination in thailand and have a much longer list. PS, i asked for personal experience not a copy n paste list.
  17. Hopefully free speech will be tolerated when news articles are posted and discussed and not just deleted when someone doesnt like whats said.
  18. I wonder which IO will issue the 'rogue' extension, Khon Kaen perhaps, then you have another issue, but don't worry, for additional fees the agent can sort them out too.
  19. When it starts to grow fuzz is usually when it gets chucked. If it's been in there a while I usually overcook it though. EXCEPT for chicken. If that is over 2 weeks old it gets given to the cat. I work on the principle that processed food is so full of preservatives that the chemicals will kill me before food poisoning does. I will admit that sometimes after eating something a bit old that I feel relieved to wake up OK the next morning.
  20. Au contraire, we know the truth and we know the side that constantly lies and the biggest lies come from the Gazan Am Dram Society, they are worse than the cast of Eldorado when it comes to acting and it has conditioned its futile faithful followers into believing anything that comes out of their lying mouths, why are some people so gullible?
  21. Not if you have a steel roof frame, only way to go, plus no termite problems, ever.
  22. You obviously don't know what staff deals with that members probably don't see....... Just think what your homeland would be like with no one looking after things......
  23. Thailand uses Thai tax laws and income remitted to Thailand is subject to Thai tax law. ''Important Considerations with Double Taxation Agreements Double tax treaties do not mean all taxpayers of both countries are granted tax relief. An individual or a business still has to go through the procedures of applying for tax relief under a DTA.''
  1. Load more activity