All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. need to add......."I will blow my brains out if yet another tax topic is started" or "Ill wait to see if Mike wets himself with excitement as 2025 rolls around"ðŸĪŠ
  3. Do you find some topics patronising? heres a simple guide to help you, it's perfectly understandable...............
  4. A "Count of Monte Cristo" fan, I see. 😄
  5. What I KNOW that you do NOT know is that.... Even if a chicken/monkey is not rewarded, still... A chicken in a Skinner Box will sometimes peck itself to death..... And, really, I had thought that you were a genius...based on a comment you made many, many months ago. I read everything you write. And, I remember what you have written. Just saying....
  6. So trumps charges are basically falsifying business records in order to interferre with an election which is a felony. The media has painted it as hush money as that gets more eyeballs....the reality is that if trump had not lied and tried to hide the payments to surpress the story he very well may not have ever won the election. All he had to do was deny deny deny as hope hicks advised....but he was scared to death that stormy and/or karen had hard evidence of the alleged affairs which certainly indicates that trump knew how damaging that would be if it came out 2 weeks before the election right after the "grab em by the pxxxsy" acess holywood tapes....if he was so innocent why not insist that both stories were fabricated and demand that all 3 of them submit to lie detector tests? In fact why doesn't donnie just take a lie detector right now live on TV and just show that he at least he can pass a properly administered lie detector test? Come on donnie man up and show us the results on live TV. The ratings willl be HUGE. That will show everyone how you are not afraid of a simple test because you know that you will pass the test bigly...and when you fail you can claim the test was all rigged and beg for more $$ from the maga morons.
  7. Unfortunately I think that is going to be the case because it will serve as the easiest mechanism of enforcement that they have to ensure that foreigners are complying with the recent changes to the Thai personal income tax laws on overseas income remitted into Thailand.
  8. Mastering the art of verbal diarrhea is strong with this one. May the runs be with you.
  9. Hmmmm...if that proves to be the case...same as a knock on the door...and they will have forced my otherwise idle hands. Will then have to take the proper and necessary actions. Still dubious, presently.
  10. Take a look at Sriphat, Chiang Mai, the university hospital. Cataract surgery there starts at 35k per eye.
  11. Next time tell them you are working as a translator and assisting the tourist police. Then ask to see their visas. That should bring the conversation to a head pretty quickly.
  12. I recently applied for and received approval for an LTR-P visa via the Thai embassy in Washington, D.C. During the application process, the BOI website and the Thai Embassy website mentioned in different places that applicants should not apply for a visa sooner than 3 months before they intend to travel. Indeed, I had plans to travel to Thailand in June 2024, and I received BOI approval on April 1, 2024 and visa approval on April 8, 2024. The visa approval letter from the Thai embassy states the following: Date of Grant: 08 April 2024 Visa must be used by: 07 April 2034 There appears to be no 3-month deadline on actually entering Thailand with this approved LTR-P visa, despite the 3-month admonition when going through the application process. After I received the visa approval, my plans have changed, and it would be most convenient for me to travel in late 2024, as opposed to my previous plans. Is there any reason to worry that the visa will not be honored if I do not enter Thailand within 3 months of the Date of Grant?
  13. Hi Folks, The question to be considered, this Sunday morn, is whether or not Steven Pinker should be invited to.... Become a Member of our SE-Asian Forum. In my view, we should send an invitation to Pinker. Perhaps, Pinker might agree to join our group. It's worth a try. Steven hails from Canada, for one. Also, Steven, after spending time at McGill, decided that Harvard was better, which should not be a mark against him. Steven is sort of a Linguist. More than this, though, is that he has a real gift for speaking udderly beautiful sentences and paragraphs. Such a silver tongue does Steven have, that no one could even imagine, unless one listened to him speak. But, better to hear him speak about what he calls, "swearing". Most of us do not consider swearing offensive. Words are just words, after all. So, should Steven be invited to join TV? I think he should because: Some of us do not know how to even properly pronounce the word....EXCRETORY, even though the excretory act is an important part of our everyday lives. Well, then, just please listen to these, following, two great videos, and sorry if these two have been heard by you, before: So then... Does Steven Pinker sound like a great prospective Member of our Forum? I say, most definitely. Your thoughts? Regards, Gamma Note: This guy can speak English like no other. Love to listen. I imagine that you might, too.....
  14. Thailand is full of weirdos falang. Stop paying attention to them and you'll live a better life.
  15. Idiot here! And what would you have done, just so that we can all learn from your wisdom?
  16. AFAIK Thai tax residents are subject to inheritance tax on inheritances received regardless of the domicile of the testator, the country of inherited real estate (often not protected by DTA), and the remittance of inherited funds to Thailand. However, exemption thresholds are high and inheritance tax rates low. Better to file for inheritance taxes if necessary, at least when you plan to remit inherited funds to Thailand.
  17. I will leave the day after if they ask me to pay taxes. What I pay in my country is already enough.
  18. Problem is Big pHarma makes money from sick people. & their business is solely to make money More sick people = more money = harmful drugs = more money (esp. if they can avoid prosecution / compensation (they have legal immunity in the case of vaccines / mrna type shots)) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_pharmaceutical_settlements Fraud , failure to disclose safety data., Off-label promotion, kickbacks etc.
  19. I live in Thailand since 1995. Not much money, working to make a living, still young. I personally didn't notice any change before to after the crisis. Maybe I didn't notice anything because at that time Thailand was new to me, and I wasn't working for some big international company. Easy life, 60B lady drinks in Nana, times were good.
  20. I've been using Wise for few years and I've seen fees going up regularly during the time.
  21. July/August 1997. It was a crazy time indeed. It was in the month, or month before Lady Diana died, remember it like yesterday, and the exchange rates was astonishing around that time. That was the only thing that affected my wallet and also the interest on fixed deposits was a crazy ~15% per annum at that time.
  22. Today
  23. Thing is any and every death was called a 'covid death' in the early days (allegedly for funding reasons) Midazolam and morphine treatment protocol is also very suspect. A LOT of people made a lot of money from the 'crisis'. Biggest wealth transfer in history. Cui Bono?
  24. That likely won't work if planning on renewing a long term visa in Thailand after March 2025. You will most likely need to present a copy to immigration of your 2024 tax filing that you made to the Thai RD in order to be able to renew your visa. That means you will need to file a tax return to the RD in Thailand for the 2024 tax year by no later than end of March 2025. That's why many foreigners planning to remain on a long term visa in Thailand after March 2025 are even considering and reviewing this matter.
  25. Thanks for the post and good luck. I would like lens replacement (same as cataract procedure as far as I can tell) so this information is valuable. I just need to summon up the courage. PS. I think the by exercise, they mean very rigourous stuff - this UK co. recommend no exercise for 1 week so worth clarifying and maintaining your muscle tissue https://www.opticalexpress.co.uk/magazine/article/when-can-i-start-exercising-after-cataract-surgery
  1. Load more activity