BANGKOK 24 May 2019 17:00

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Usually, it is the cameras you don't see that should concern you. Lots of freelance photographers out there.. some obviously pushing the envelope. I suppose the "free hug" guy is more mainstream? He's only been there for 10 years.
  3. All she wanted was s damage controlled Brexit Read Nick Timothy Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  4. It is your wife that is applying for the tourist visa, not you. Your wife (not you) needs to convince the State Dept interviewer that she will not remain in the US once her visa has expired. Toting a kid along her does not help the situation; a reason to return to Thailand would -- for example: viable employment, sufficient funds in the bank, etc. Having a child, or a house, does not matter. Anyhow, good luck. Btw, if you have been married for over 2 years, then I would suggest a CR1 visa. May be easier to obtain, and your wife does not have to settle there if she does not want to (but keep that to yourselves; do not mention it to the interviewer!).
  5. Very likely to scare the living daylights out of a soul if you came across that of an evening
  6. Yes, I believe the Chinese version. This craze of trying to find fault in everything and rushing to post it on the social media will get increasingly more of these attention seekers into trouble with the law. In addition, it will restrain people from helping others in need, animals and humans, for fear of false accusations by ignorant people. It is a sad development in our society.
  7. A hard liner does not NEED to get it " past the commons " New PM and all that. Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  8. If whoever lands in the hot seat is smart then the should just go Canada +++ swiftly as that is the best compromise deal that might get enough support to get through. Took the Canadians 7 years to get it as they are no novices at doing trade deals, so if good enough for them then it should be a satisfactory starting point. Can always tinker with it later. This total cluster-<deleted> needs to end asap as it's become far too toxic.
  9. Quite a high chance, once he loses the next election. Or even once he finally leaves office, if he manages to win the next election, which I doubt he will. The SDNY has been after him for 30 years. Now, they appear to have some evidence of fraud with Deutsche Bank, and who knows what else. The felonies this man has committed would boggle the mind.
  10. But isn't land and house tax collected by land office? They are the ones, who establish the amount you pay the tax on, usually lower than actual.. just like values for transfer tax.
  11. Sitting on the bottom of the sea, with the fish would be a better place for the majority in the photo
  12. A hard line Brexiteer will fo nicely thank you Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  13. Are my maths correct? 38 million tourists grace Thailand with their choice of destination and spend their money. Let's say each spends B5,000 per day (https://www.rvo.nl/sites/default/files/2017/06/factsheet-toerisme-in-thailand.pdf).....or 50,000 Baht for a 10-day stay. This is a spend of 1.9 TRILLION Baht (estimate for 2019 is 2.21 Trillion!) and they cost the Thais a miserly 300 million Baht. Get real Thailand....or maybe you just have it far too easy. Or would I be too much of a sceptic to think the 3.8 Billion Baht in the insurance take is actually for other pockets?
  14. Don't think she will remembered, since her successor (BJ) will make history by starting a war against Europe.
  15. All but four teams players are lying on the beach. You could play the chavs!
  16. I bought a condo without bluebook. A year later, I did the yellow book battle. Started by getting a blank blue... was able to put the seller on the phone with the tesaban.. she didn't have to appear. Was given a blue, then a few weeks later given a yellow. Just got a tax free fixed deposit for over age 55 with it... But if you already have one, yellow, get the form from the old place and it is much easier. I did mine in South Su Thep.. Suthep is so big it is two tesaban.. translation done at cmuli for 300 THB.. translation of passport. But, my tesaban would not give an 8 year resident of the apartments next door one... they said for owner only.. Ymmv.
  17. Only your opinion Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  18. I think that’s pretty much the same with the other embassies who are no longer providing the documentation to support income. At the Australian Embassy I used to sign what was called a statutory declaration in which I declared my income, the signature was then witnessed and I think stamped by an official. It is a criminal offense in Australia to provide false information in such a document. The Embassy will still certify such documents for other purposes so it is not them being difficult as some on the site claim but because they are not able to confirm that the information is correct, which is not their role in any event.
  19. They may have an Oompah band at the party so everyone can sing Oompah Oompah stick with your Junta or words to that effect
  20. No. Mine was a real one, at the ballot box. If they had sorted out their postal votes properly they would not have a problem, the votes going to their home country. The other ones cannot expect to vote at UK polling stations for UK candidates. If they have established entitlement to a UK vote, then it falls into the political engineering category.
  21. Less than US$ 10 million a year is hardly unbelievable. There have been numerous reports of individuals running up charges of around Baht 1 million and undoubtedly many unreported smaller amounts. Aside from tourists who seem to be accident prone, many elderly retirees require lengthy, expensive stays in hospital but have no financial resources. The amounts of unpaid medical services bills have been reported often over the years. As far as government statistics go (any government's) these seem to be easily reasonable. On the other hand your knee jerk reaction was hardly the result of hours of research. Currently unpaid hospital bills mean that those of us who do pay our bills are charged more to cover the losses created by others.
  22. Let me be clear, a declining, and more importantly, stagnant pound is a disaster for those of us who spend a lot of time in Thailand. It should serve as a warning to those who wish to live full time in Thailand. Keep all your income bearing assets in the UK and when events conspire against you, you can return. We are at the beginning of a very long and perilous journey to detangle ourselves from the EU.
  1. Load more activity