All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The OP applied for extension based on retirement not marriage. Your post is off topic.
  3. They are doing the opposite: divide and conquer. It's all going to plan.
  4. I recently brought $5300 in cash { AUD } from Australia to Thailand, to be converted into baht when needed. It got me to thinking there is a way around the new personal tax regulations in Thailand, not that they are set in stone as yet. I have an Australian bank account, in which my age pension accumulates. I transfer by WISE every 4 - 6 months for living expenses. Those transfers may be taxed as they occur by Thai banks in the future, being classed as income. What if I had a trusted relative or friend who could send me cash by registered post instead, and I converted said cash to baht here? As I have said before, when governments make up stupid rules, people look for ways to circumvent them.
  5. Why you need to charge LFP to 100% Ok so I have seen many questions lately about LFP and charging to 100%. The battery cells do not have an inherent requirement to be charged to 100% The reason you should still charge to 100% at least once a week, is that the BMS (battery management system) will lose track over time of where the state of charge is. Why does this happen then, and why don't the non-LFP batteries need it? It comes down to the voltage curve. LFP has a very flat curve, or in this extreme example of the attached photo, maybe even fluctuates up in the middle of the discharge curve. (Not very common, but illustrates the issue at hand) This mean that the BMS cannot rely on voltage alone to determine SoC. However this then means that it has to use the Ah in and out to determine how much is left. The problem with this is that the available Ah also fluctuates with factors like temperature and discharge rate. This is why you need to charge to 100%, to give the BMS a reliable point to start counting down from. As the battery is charged to full, the voltage spikes, and this tells the BMS that the battery is full. NMC and most other lithium batteries have a more linear curve, which allows the BMS to use the voltage also to determine the current SoC, which negates the need for this calibration charge. Hope this helps. https://www.reddit.com/r/TeslaModel3/comments/1b7dr08/why_you_need_to_charge_lfp_to_100/ Updated especially for you already... you're welcome!
  6. The video does not match the written reporting by AseanNow. The victim was not left abandoned, there was a person helping them. The video also stops a second after the couple existing the vehicle and doesn't show what happened after. Who is the author of this post? No source linked.
  7. I think the concept of taking minutes at government meetings rather went into abeyance during the Prayer/Prawit/Suthip meetings in May 2024! Never really to be revived...
  8. Never said that he mentioned it in a speech. But he has mentioned this. That's a fact
  9. That's an easy possibility, as long as they limit it to exempt entries and VOA only. People with a tourist visa already pay a fee, and others on visas such as Non-O, retiree and Elite shouldn't be paying an entry fee. Given this is Thailand however- if they implement such a fee they'll just blanket throw it at all foreigners...
  10. Excellent report. Thankyou. Just to clarify. You did not provide TM30. What you provide for address? Lease?
  11. Then why the **** are they encouraging Russians and Indians? There's entire areas in Pattaya that feel more like India than Thailand. Aside from few actually rich guys most don't spend much. The stereotype of 5 guys sharing a beer (and a girl/ladyboy) are there for a reason - it actually happens - a while ago an Indian (Thai born) friend told me about how he and 5 of his mates invited one girl over and all of them took turns. I was holding my laughter because that's the exact stereotype. Another (rich lawyer) Indian friend was laughing because there was a group of Indians who were being denied entry to a BKK club, while he walked right in - the difference is that he's well dressed, looks nice, and opens bottles. They wanted to get in with a large group of men, underdressed, and they'd be drinking beers. He said he's happy they didn't let them in, lol. As far as Russians go, while a lot of them have more money, there's also a LOT of younger guys who are broke but escaped to avoid the draft. This in itself is a positive thing, but Thailand encouraging them to come to Thailand is part of the current situation. (and let's not start on all the Russians working illegally, mafia, etc) I'm not saying discriminate- but definitely don't encourage tourists who don't have money. And don't complain about over-tourism of cheap charlies when you created the situation.
  12. It is clearly fraudulent. What is unclear is what the repercussions might be Whilst the link makes plain that an individual's pension cannot be stopped or reduced, It is also clear from the first section that they have committed fraud if they did not report that they have moved to a country where the pension is frozen. Given that, I would imagine that the DWP would freeze the pension at its' existing rate. The DWP may also decide to prosecute the individual concerned although, in the circumstances, I'd suggest that there is the strong possibility that the DWP might think it is more trouble than it is worth.
  13. It's an insane policy. Getting an Australian pension overseas is also insane. Apart from this once again this AI article lacks any editing demonstated in the subheading. It would seem all foreigners no matter what nationality are "beginning to feel a financial strain due to the UK government's pension freeze policy." Are children making these ChatGPT articles or what?
  14. https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/doctors/oradee-chandavasu Neonatalogist https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/doctors/prinyarat-burusnukul Pediatric neurologist The second would be best for discussions about long term prognosis for periventricular leukomalacia . The first would be best if they wish to discuss the baby's current management in NICU. Periventricular leukomalacia will not be the only issue given how very premature the baby is. There is no treatment for periventricular leukomalacia as such. As the baby grows, any developmental problems that might be noted would then be treated as appropriate (e.g. physical therapy if needed). Usually would know by around age 2.
  15. The air pollution is exacerbated by the heat, which is increasing.
  16. So your view of a global problem is based on a prediction by one guy 20 years ago. Sea levels have risen, but sea level rise is not a uniform process. Some places have higher increases than others. Moreover, the Maldives took the predictions seriously, and built seawalls to hold back the water. The Maldives are sinking
  17. Can you vouch for their uni schooling edukatshun though? that's my laugh icon btw.
  18. At least in the Ukraine case the ICC has already charged Putin.
  1. Load more activity