All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. You seem to think it will all go one way, but reality says that for every regime member assassinated, expect a few of your own to be targeted. That sort of thing is why civilised countries don't go around blowing up other countries consulates.
  3. very few at a guess. the Island will not suffered in any way from this news and didnt from previous sensationalised stories, kids don't care and if anything it's put the Island on the map for older crowd with families.
  4. They are the worst, they go back to the days of the old USSR,
  5. Do you see an alternative? One that works over the long term?
  6. So it's not just grumpy old expats who get pee'd off with Songkran revelers, Thais get sick of it too. 😂
  7. Not only am I a woman, I'm the mother of three sons, and stepmother of another. Having seen them all through adolescence, including sharing a school run with another family with three boys, I'm injured to the kind of chat that is widespread in these forums. Although I must confess to being slightly surprised that so many fifty-plus year olds' conversation is eerily similar to that of a carful of hormonal, Lynx-drenched teen boys. .
  8. Coroners and hospitals that issue death certificates simply charge a fee for every official copy. My experience was that they cost me US$10 per copy. Just spend the money and have more issued.
  9. Anyone running a marathon in this heat has a mental problem and deserves a heatstroke.
  10. Quick, someone do a David Attenborough voice over. Here, we see, the white Caucasian honky at play, enjoying the cooling waters, taking the opportunity to rinse his plumage and crack.
  11. The situation in the Middle East, Africa and Ukraine are all potential contributors towards triggering WW3. Putin is heavily involved with and an ally of Iran.
  12. Our home is just over five years old now and we are looking to update the look and feel of several areas. The dry area walls in our bathrooms are a smooth decorative concrete and we'd like to make them darker with a waxy/watery finish look while still being able to see the surface texture of the current concrete. While we don't have a need for it, anything that also provides a waterproof surface would be welcome. We've not been able to find any information for this type of finish on wall concrete online. Did try an iLoft Liquid Coating designed for walls but that has proved to be completely transparent. Nice smooth finish to the touch but nothing else. Wondering if anyone has experience or knowledge of a product they know is available in Thailand that may be close to what we are after. Thanks in advance.
  13. Unless I am mistaken I said no such thing. I do think the west encouraged Zelensky to bait the bear in hopes of punishing Putin without getting themselves involved- better for Ukrainians to die than Americans and all that. I also think they underestimated Russia ( just like Napoleon and Hitler ), and have found themselves stuck in a war they can't afford, but can't let go of. You do realise that "standing up" to them ( short of nuclear annihilation ) involves a lot of western boys coming home in bags, unless you know of a very large mercenary force that could be used instead, don't you? The Ukrainians might have done, but they seem out of cannon fodder at present. If it goes down as your druthers, I hope you are willing to accept the consequences.
  14. Not a fan of reporting posts, but yes, I will, if go too far off topic, and don't keep it civil. Which so far, all has been, civil, and thanks ALL for that.
  15. Yes it was expensive, over 2,000b per bottle, name starts with H.
  16. Think you and the other guy are in the wrong topic
  17. That is NOT a Colt, manufactured by Colt. That seems to be just a cheap Garbage gun. It would be very embarrassing to carry one of those. I, personally, would not be caught dead with one of those cheap weapons. Almost as bad as a Saturday Night Special, in fact.
  18. I love it, it's all part of the magic that is forum'ing. You're a good bunch of people, what are you having for lunch today? 5 minutes later Annnnd your mother!, Annnnd your mother! you all suck and have small genitalia!
  19. I'm Australian and have a concurrent passport (2 Australian passports). I applied for my concurrent passport in Thailand, over the years I have renewed the passport I don't enter Thailand on.
  20. !3 years here in Chiang Mai. I have not studied the broader issue and so I can only relate my own experience having lived in L&H (Maejo), Condo and rental home at 118 & 121 area (Sansai), Phimuk 1 (Sansai Noi) and now Saraphi. Only real damage was observed in 2011 upon first retiring in July 2011. Those who were here will well remember August that year. Chiang Mai flooded with the Mae Ping going over its banks. High electric poles along 121 were brought down. L&H flooded, I had to go to a hotel for a couple of nights. Other than that, I have been pleased and a bit surprised after noting the electric wire "rats nests" throughout Thailand. Oh, my electric has gone off but my experience has been that it is restored in short order. It is, in my experience it is off, usually, the longest one hour. If the electric went off where I lived in the USA, it was serious and would last the better part of a day or longer. But then I lived on the fringe of "tornado alley". Ice storm in 2009 left most ofwestern Kentucky without electric the better part of two weeks.
  1. Load more activity