All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. why not more owners come forward with this open extortion by the men in brown...
  3. It is one of a number of recent disappointments and irritations about Thailand. He wants to quit working but needs to continue for citizenship. Remittance tax is the reinterpretation of the Revenue Code by Revenue Department order P 161/2566 in September 2023 which means that foreign source income earned after 1 Jan 2024 have to be taxed, if remitted to Thailand, at regular personal income tax rates. That has caused a number of expat retirees to review whether they want to remain as That tax residents or will spend less than 180 days a year in the Kingdom and avoid that tax. I had another friend whose goal was to get PR and stay in Thailand. Finally he got his PR application together with the help of a law firm but found after a few months dound that they had screwed it up and he was rejected. He could have reapplied the following year but he was so upset that he left Thailand and got a job somewhere else. Some people can be affected like that feeling a strong sense of rejection. However, many others of us have families here and can't easily up sticks and have to persevere. In my case I had real curved balls thrown at me while applying for both PR and citizenship but kept fighting and managed against all odds o get the applications back on track without having to reapply. I was told I was unqualified for PR and my citizenship file was knocked back to SB from the MOI. I think of it like a combination of an obstacle course and a war of attrition where you mustn't fall into despair during long waits with no news.
  4. A lot of folk having a go at the system here, 'hypocrisy' etc. Get that to a degree, but bearing in mind what these girls are doing in Korea is not sponsored by the Thai state and also that most Thais are pretty much down on them. They're probably doing it for attention, to garner a sugardaddy or whatever.
  5. only people that actually PAY TAXES should get it... as a tax rebate... but that would be a hard sell before the elections...
  6. Sigh You got an escape plan? But yes there are some callous posters around.
  7. You simply not telling the truth. Nothing about going after billionaires in the article. High earners and millionaires that aren't reporting. There are almost twenty-five millionaires in the US, and many are small business owners, like you, yes? To be clear, I hope every tax evader in caught and punished. Let's start with everyone in federal, state and local governments and then attorneys, and then the people in finance, and then civil-servants and then the rest of us.
  8. do you seriously see the symbolism of their standing up for their rights being simply limited to being illegal workers? it goes further than that. as for us, having to pay 500bht for proof of address at immi for a service that should be free is but one example that comes to mind. totally misplaced? yeah... they should just shut up and put up, right? my comment went deeper than just working illegally... read my comment above
  9. If you valued democracy as you claim you would abandon the right and hop on board the opposition train. The right has lost the plot.
  10. So what? in Switzerland you speak 4 languages The four national languages of Switzerland are German, French, Italian, and Romansh. German, French, and Italian maintain equal status as official languages at the national level within the Federal Administration of the Swiss Confederation, while Romansh is used in dealings with people who speak it. Official: German, French, Italian, Romansh
  11. may they live till 200.... thai government only spending 600 baht a month on them, not 60.000 or more ...
  12. Mike - might this be the address to which paper returns should be sent? The Revenue Department 90 Soi Phaholyothin 7 Phaholyothin Road Phayathai Bangkok 10400
  13. Ok, there're also polish, romanians (moldovian) and hungarian communities and language groups. Them all talking slightly different "slangs" of Russian languages, understand each other and share immense love and respect to their Motherland and countrymen. Ooops, I forgot that our beloved Lubavitch rabbi was originally from Uman' and pogroms (weekend cultural events) took place exactly near western border of Russian Empire - hence the name "Border Land".
  14. via facebook? is that the same where you can get a driver's license and they claim they do the test for you? or just make a fake one
  15. Trump has them every week also. Why not post a few of those also?
  16. Can not see why this thread has been moved to "The war in Ukraine", as the thread of "Why are Russians fleeing to Thailand" still remains in the "pub forum". It adresses the same configuration be it in Thailand or Europe. But I suppose that as long as Russian Tourists can support themselves, they are welcome. Once they run out of money, Thai authorities will find a way to "unload" them to Europe. But as long as they have money to spend (as usual), everybody is welcome in Thailand. Seems to me that "ASEAN NOW" is supportive of this concept.
  17. If you valued Democracy as you claim you would abandon the left and hop aboard the Trump train. It’s obvious you don’t even know what facist even means. If you did you’d know it’s what the progressive liberal nut jobs are trying to press down the throats of the American people.
  18. Shows how biased you are. I'm not a fan of hers, but she's an accomplished person and deserves some respect. Sad how some bash others due to just politics. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton Raised in Park Ridge, Illinois, Rodham graduated from Wellesley College in 1969 and from Yale Law School in 1973. After serving as a congressional legal counsel, she moved to Arkansas and, in 1975, married Bill Clinton, whom she had met at Yale. In 1977, Clinton co-founded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families. She was appointed the first female chair of the Legal Services Corporation in 1978 and became the first woman partner at Little Rock's Rose Law Firm the following year. The National Law Journal twice listed her as one of the hundred most influential lawyers in America.
  19. Jeez, the barrel scraping continues. Let's compare profit per sale of a Rolex vs a Casio. A Gucci handbag vs a M&S handbag. A trip on the Orient Express vs a taxi. Why on earth would you expect a low priced, high volume, mass market product to be as profitable as an infinitely more expensive, high value, limited production luxury product? You really are out of ideas and are beginning to look silly, sorry. I had hopes you were coming around and being more reasonable recently but you've just taken ten steps back with this ridiculous comparison - I have no idea what you are trying to prove. Idiotic comparison and it reflects poorly on you.
  20. They don't know what they want.... Thailand wants tourists.... let them come in 40 million this year... Than tourists come and now the places are overcrowded, and not of a quality Thailand wants... Maybe fine everyone, for all kind of reasons and hope they will tell their friends to stay away as it is too crowdy and the RTP want to get your money, and than call again for tourists to come in.. But don't invest in anything, infrastructure, facilities, and regulations.... and don't deal with the mess
  21. Biden's had a few more senior moments this week (2nd is the best imho): 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
  22. I find those 3 wheelers strange/awkward to ride. And I've even riden the yamaha Niken. That's a 900cc bike. Actually it's got 4 wheels in the front. It's ugly as sin but on the open road it's not bad. Very smooth engine however around town it's way to heavy. The Mp3 is still a scooter but I don't really see the need for that set up on such a small cc bike. Can Am also do a trike style bike, never ridden one but for some reason I don't consider them a scooter or a bike. 2 wheels is what it's about for me. I've always wanted to give the Niken a go - looks like great fun, but I agree, that front end looks way too heavy. I did have a Yamama TriCity a number of years back - I really liked it - front end grip and brakes were better than any other scooter I've ridden.... And yes, it handled Bangkok roads brilliantly, one wheel hits a pot hole, and floats through it, while the other takes the weight.... Of course, two wheels doubles the chances of hitting a pothole, but its safer than hitting one with one wheel. And... As for CanAm.... I've been wanting one of those for years - but only if I were living in the UK or Europe... it could be great summer fun... CanAm now make electric motorcycles - they look good.
  23. Nothing new, but what was announced two days ago was that he has reduced the number of days VE.
  1. Load more activity